Jump to content
RamRod

General Season Talk

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Flounch said:

Of course Brown was running in the 4th QT, that's what back up RB does. 

Tavon is our gadget player, he lined up everywhere, taking a few snap at RB but he's not a RB2 or a change pace back.

If Gurley went down, and Brown not injured he would be the first guy to replace him, not Tavon. 

He had 7 carries against the Colts, 11 against the Cards, and 15 against the G-men. 1 against Dallas and 3 against Jacksonville.  Zero carries in the rest of our games. Unless we're winning in a blowout he's barely running the ball.  Our run game is Gurley and Tay Tay as the change of pace.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flounch said:

Of course Brown was running in the 4th QT, that's what back up RB does. 

Tavon is our gadget player, he lined up everywhere, taking a few snap at RB but he's not a RB2 or a change pace back.

If Gurley went down, and Brown not injured he would be the first guy to replace him, not Tavon. 

It would obviously be Brown because Tavon can't pass block (although, my bet is that it would be a committee involving Tavon and Brown). However, that has nothing to do with who the change of pace back is. The fact is that Brown has a TOTAL of 4 carries in games that we either lost or won by 10 points or less. Tavon has 20 carries in those games.

The Rams only went to Brown when the game was out of reach. Tavon has been treated as Gurley's change of pace all season long. With Brown out, we'll likely see Dunbar get his reps if he's healthy. Tavon might take a few more carries, but his role remains more or less the same.

Brown was not a part of our gameplan in close games. Tavon is. 

EDIT: And @I <3 Faulk beat me to it. Thank you, brother.

Edited by jrry32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure if this is the place to put it...but here goes.  Seahawks are doneski! The division is OURS!! ;) 

 

I don't see Seattle being much of anything moving foward now that they're so broken down as well as still having no offense/running game

Edited by RamPackFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RamPackFan said:

not sure if this is the place to put it...but here goes.  Seahawks are doneski! The division is OURS!! ;) 

Agreed if the Sherman injury is as bad as it seemed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrry32 said:

Agreed if the Sherman injury is as bad as it seemed.

 

yea, that was a HUGE piece of their defense.  From the lip reading and the mannerisms' going on the sidelines it sure looks like Sherman is done for the season. Thomas  and Cam are hurt.....(not sure how long) - The LOB is broken! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Agreed if the Sherman injury is as bad as it seemed.

 

It is. Ruptured achilles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh they're gonna have an excuses as to why they lost. They still have Rw as he's been excellent.. Wish they were all healthy TBH. 

Iron sharpens iron. And they've been sharpening us along time lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Halfway and incomplete were the best answers. The rest are true but halfway and incomplete are reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Halfway and incomplete were the best answers. The rest are true but halfway and incomplete are reality.

Progress was a good one too but Kupp wasn't with the team last year so I wonder if he really knows just how far the team has come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It would obviously be Brown because Tavon can't pass block (although, my bet is that it would be a committee involving Tavon and Brown). However, that has nothing to do with who the change of pace back is. The fact is that Brown has a TOTAL of 4 carries in games that we either lost or won by 10 points or less. Tavon has 20 carries in those games.

The Rams only went to Brown when the game was out of reach. Tavon has been treated as Gurley's change of pace all season long. With Brown out, we'll likely see Dunbar get his reps if he's healthy. Tavon might take a few more carries, but his role remains more or less the same.

Brown was not a part of our gameplan in close games. Tavon is. 

EDIT: And @I <3 Faulk beat me to it. Thank you, brother.

Of course Tavon has more carries than Brown and that's normal because like you said he was part of the gameplan.  But that still doesn't mean he was Gurley backup and that was my point. Tavon will continue to have his carries but at no point he will replace Gurley if he's injured, that's all. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flounch said:

Of course Tavon has more carries than Brown and that's normal because like you said he was part of the gameplan.  But that still doesn't mean he was Gurley backup and that was my point. Tavon will continue to have his carries but at no point he will replace Gurley if he's injured, that's all. 

 

Flounch, my post and your response that started this discussion are below:

On 11/8/2017 at 10:10 PM, jrry32 said:

If Tavon gets more carries, I can't complain. But we'll miss Brown. He was a solid #2 and a good special teamer.

 

On 11/9/2017 at 5:12 AM, Flounch said:

Tavon won't replace Brown ever. Brown was very solid runner and powerful. I don't know if Dunbar can fill that role. 

I responded to you with:

On 11/9/2017 at 11:53 AM, jrry32 said:

Tavon has already been utilized as the #2 HB. He can't replace Brown by himself, but he can take on a larger share of the work behind Gurley.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make at all. Brown has not been part of the gameplan in close games. Tavon has been. Brown's loss isn't ideal, but it's also no big deal. His job was to run the clock out when we were up big in the 4th quarter. Any HB can handle that role. We won't use Austin in that role because we're not going to risk injuring him because he's an ACTUAL part of the gameplan.

I don't much care who takes over for Gurley when he gets injured because I don't want to think about Gurley getting injured. He's too important. However, if anything were to happen to Gurley, we would have a committee. That was true even before Brown was hurt. If Dunbar is healthy, the committee would be Tavon and Dunbar (with likely some Davis mixed in). Prior to Brown getting hurt, it would have been Brown and Tavon (with some Dunbar mixed in on passing downs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Flounch, my post and your response that started this discussion are below:

 

I responded to you with:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make at all. Brown has not been part of the gameplan in close games. Tavon has been. Brown's loss isn't ideal, but it's also no big deal. His job was to run the clock out when we were up big in the 4th quarter. Any HB can handle that role. We won't use Austin in that role because we're not going to risk injuring him because he's an ACTUAL part of the gameplan.

I don't much care who takes over for Gurley when he gets injured because I don't want to think about Gurley getting injured. He's too important. However, if anything were to happen to Gurley, we would have a committee. That was true even before Brown was hurt. If Dunbar is healthy, the committee would be Tavon and Dunbar (with likely some Davis mixed in). Prior to Brown getting hurt, it would have been Brown and Tavon (with some Dunbar mixed in on passing downs).

My point is Brown loss matter a lot if Gurley is hurt in the next games because he was the real backup of GUrley. Brown and Dunbar would be commitee with Tavon still be used as usual but Tavon wouldn't see his carries increase because of Gurley injury.  

Now that Brown is out, there's nobody in our roster that has his power running style and he was impressive during the garbage time. You can have Davis and Dunbar on committee but that's not the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flounch said:

My point is Brown loss matter a lot if Gurley is hurt in the next games because he was the real backup of GUrley. Brown and Dunbar would be commitee with Tavon still be used as usual but Tavon wouldn't see his carries increase because of Gurley injury.  

Now that Brown is out, there's nobody in our roster that has his power running style and he was impressive during the garbage time. You can have Davis and Dunbar on committee but that's not the same. 

Tavon's carries would absolutely increase if Gurley was unavailable. You're nutty if you think otherwise.

And I'm not going to worry about a hypothetical injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×