RamRod

General Season Talk

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#percent-eight-defenders

Dan Pizzuta] Per #NextGenStats, Todd Gurley has only faced an 8+man box on 9.9% of his rushing attempts, the second-fewest among RBs with at least 30 carries. Further proof offensive personnel dictates box counts and spreading the defense out takes away the ability to stack the box.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb

Oooooooooooooooooof.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He's a FA after the season and has two sacks over his last 13 games. He's not worth a third.

We need a pass rusher now, not next season. He is also no longer in Wade's defense and lost playing time to Bradley Chubb; not something I fault him for. Agree to disagree on Ray.

11 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

We need a pass rusher now, not next season. He is also no longer in Wade's defense and lost playing time to Bradley Chubb; not something I fault him for. Agree to disagree on Ray.

We're not desperate enough to be grossly overpaying for a guy the Broncos don't want to keep. We lead the NFL in pressure rate. I'd rather go after a cheap veteran than overpay for an injury-prone rental.

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We're not desperate enough to be grossly overpaying for a guy the Broncos don't want to keep. We lead the NFL in pressure rate. I'd rather go after a cheap veteran than overpay for an injury-prone rental.

I don't think we would be grossly overpaying and I think we are somewhat desperate considering it is easily the weakest spot on our defense and this is our best opportunity to win a superbowl. We are all in this year. Next year will be very different once we have to pay Goff or Peters or Joyner.

Also, he would not be a rental, if he was smart he would see the Rams would be his best opportunity to sign a huge payday if he signed a one year prove it deal after this season. And he is not injury prone. He has had 2 injuries. In October 2015 he had an MCL Sprain Grade 2 and in July 2017 he tore ligaments in his wrist that required surgery and forced him to miss the first 6 games of 2017. He ended up missing the last 2 games for the same injury later in the season and ended up having bone fusion surgery in June 2018. He's been fine all year, just stuck behind Von Miller and Bradley Chubb fighting for time playing out of position in a 4-3.

We are also 22nd in the league in Sacks. Pressures are only good if you have corners to capitalize on forced throws and with Talib out and Peters not playing well it lead to games be a lot closer than we want ( Chargers, Seahawks, Vikings). The pass rush we've been getting has only really gotten home in the 4th quarter of Minn and Seattle.

Edited by BStanRamFan

2 hours ago, RamRod said:

Well on their way to three 1000+ yard seasons. *Knock on wood*

The rams vs Seahawks sounds of the game 

was epic! Movie like omg..

That one and the Dallas one from last year are next level.