RamRod

General Season Talk

On 05/11/2018 at 7:09 PM, Flounch said:

We are going to be raped by the Chiefs

Please don’t use the word “raped” like that. I take it you don’t know anyone who has suffered from this most heinous of crimes; it’s not a word to be used lightly. 

Edited by DistantRam
Typo

19 minutes ago, DistantRam said:

Please don’t use the word “raped” like that. I take it you don’t know anyone who has suffered from this most heinous of crimes; it’s not a word to be used lightly. 

Gonna echo what @DistantRam said but definitely refrain from using that word @Flounch

Talib said in a interview today on NFL Network that he'll be full speed by Thanksgiving.  Said he had a great visit with the doctor today and that he's already moving around, lifting, and running.

13 hours ago, DistantRam said:

Next time someone says, "We are going to get KILLED by the (blank)" I'm going to use this line. You know the guys meaning behind what he said, no need to be the morality police on a football forum.

57 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Next time someone says, "We are going to get KILLED by the (blank)" I'm going to use this line. You know the guys meaning behind what he said, no need to be the morality police on a football forum.

It's 2018 bro. lol.

Jared Goff last 16 starts: 4,590 yards, 8.8 YPA, 35 TD, 9 INT, 108 QBR

Wow.. Makes it more special when put into context.

18 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Next time someone says, "We are going to get KILLED by the (blank)" I'm going to use this line. 

Excellent. I look forward to it. 

23 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Next time someone says, "We are going to get KILLED by the (blank)" I'm going to use this line.

Fair point lol

On 11/7/2018 at 5:48 AM, BStanRamFan said:

Being that @RamRod, a moderator - and yes, we do have a site and thereby forum rule about discussing things of sexual nature, so yes, he's well within the scope of his position to make this request - doesn't seem to be enough for you, allow me, the global moderator to reassert his position... and believe me, I speak for Webby on this, too.  It's Webby's site, he sets the rules, and yes there's some morality and consideration that's applicable around here (because he has advertisers to appeal to and we're always trying to present our best in order to help recruit new members of the site).

Someone on the forum clearly asked that something which bothered them (probably because of something that's happened in their life away from the computer) not be repeated and that people be aware of how their words could impact others.  That's really not asking a lot.  And if basic consideration for other people is too much trouble for you, I don't know what to tell you.

19 hours ago, The LBC said:

Being that @RamRod, a moderator - and yes, we do have a site and thereby forum rule about discussing things of sexual nature, so yes, he's well within the scope of his position to make this request - doesn't seem to be enough for you, allow me, the global moderator to reassert his position... and believe me, I speak for Webby on this, too.  It's Webby's site, he sets the rules, and yes there's some morality and consideration that's applicable around here (because he has advertisers to appeal to and we're always trying to present our best in order to help recruit new members of the site).

Someone on the forum clearly asked that something which bothered them (probably because of something that's happened in their life away from the computer) not be repeated and that people be aware of how their words could impact others.  That's really not asking a lot.  And if basic consideration for other people is too much trouble for you, I don't know what to tell you.

You guys run a great site. I love coming here and getting everyone's take on sports; it has a larger Rams community than I've seen on other boards so kudos to you guys for running this site. The point of my post was let's keep everything we say on here about sports. Nothing more. I understand one guy used language that upset another poster, but everyone knew it was in a football context and not about anything sexual. The wording of one team "raping" another can be equated to one team getting "killed" by another and yet no one gets upset over the ladder. Some people get offended (more so lately than ever before), but that's on them. I beg of you to just keep this site about sports and if the wording used when talking about sports upsets someone, let them go somewhere where it's less offensive. Please do not try to censor posters because what's offensive to one person is not offensive to someone else and we always side with the victim. Your response (if at all) is certainly going to suggest that I leave the site if I don't like your forum rules, but that will just further my point of siding with the offended. I come here for sports talk and not a lesson on what I should and shouldn't say when discussing sports. Sad times

Edited by BStanRamFan

On 11/7/2018 at 5:48 AM, BStanRamFan said:

Welcome to America in 2018....where everyone is literally offended by everyone and everything

Edited by RamPackFan

19 hours ago, The LBC said:

OMEGALUL!!! xD Is this guy for real?!? Bruh, calm down/relax....it's just a sports talk forum

53 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Welcome to America in 2018....where everyone is literally offended by everyone and everything

I’m not American. B|

There seems to be differing opinions on the topic so let’s just put it behind us and get back to football 

11 minutes ago, RamRod said:

There seems to be differing opinions on the topic so let’s just put it behind us and get back to football 

Thank you. Completely agree.

Do we know if Oko is playing this week at OLB? I believe it is his first week back. Him and Fowler could be the pass rush we need from the edge during the 2nd half of the season. Him, Fowler, and Ebukam are a solid rotation if Oko is legit.