RamRod

General Season Talk

As teams try to copycat the success we've had with McVay, I thought this was a very poignant tweet:

Is there a chance Lafleur could hire some guys away from us like Taylor or Waldron?

2 hours ago, RamRod said:

Is there a chance Lafleur could hire some guys away from us like Taylor or Waldron?

Would it matter? The only offensive coach I feel we must keep (beyond McVay, obviously) is Aaron Kromer.

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Would it matter? The only offensive coach I feel we must keep (beyond McVay, obviously) is Aaron Kromer.

I mean, I doubt we're going to allow lateral hires within the conference, but you never know.  He's just as liable to hire guys off of Shanahan's staff in San Fran, and I wouldn't be shocked by cherrypicking a couples guys from Gruden's staff in Washington - for instance, if they're dumb enough to let Bill Callahan go over "drama," he'd be an ideal pickup for LaFleur as he's a strong OL coach AND he's also a former HC.  Callahan would also give him some connections to guys outside of the initial Shanahan tree.

20 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Agreed. Just wondered if it might be a possibility.

Not super bummed other than the possible distraction. QB coach for one year and Assistant WR coach last year. Assistant... Kinda baffling.

I don’t think I’m going to bed till 8 am. I’m so jacked on emotion. 

On 1/10/2019 at 5:46 PM, btfd16 said:

Not super bummed other than the possible distraction. QB coach for one year and Assistant WR coach last year. Assistant... Kinda baffling.

Same. I'm not worried. I'm guessing McVay will promote Liam Coen to QB Coach. He's in Zac Taylor's old spot and was a QB Coach and OC at the college level before joining the Rams. He reportedly turned down the Boston College OC job recently, so I'm betting McVay has made some promises to him. My guess is that we hire another young up and comer at Asst. WR Coach like we have for the past two years. As long as we have McVay and Kromer, I'm not sweating it.

Edited by jrry32

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Same. I'm not worried. I'm guessing McVay will promote Liam Coen to QB Coach. He's in Zac Taylor's old spot and was a QB Coach and OC at the college level before joining the Rams. He reportedly turned down the Boston College OC job recently, so I'm betting McVay has made some promises to him. My guess is that we hire another young up and comer at WR Coach like we have for the past two years. As long as we have McVay and Kromer, I'm not sweating it.

and apparently Jedd Fisch interviewed for Temple's head coach job

Sorry if this is not allowed but you guys didn't have an off topic thread. 

For superbowl parties, I normally try to make a dish from both cities. (EG New England gets clam cowder. New Orleans gets Gumbo, Red Beans n Rice, Jambalaya, etc. KC obviously BBQ....)  For LA, I'm drawing a blank. I've only been to LA once and it was to the beach. I didn't stay long either so I couldn't really experience the city or the local eats. So my question is, if I was going to try and make something LAish for a potential superbowl party, what dish would I try to make? 

Thx for the help,

Mastercheddaar

I REALLY like CJ Anderson, guys.  Can we keep him? lol

Great character and a hell of a back.....I'm liking him more and more each day