RamRod

General Season Talk

By the way, it seems like we have Talib on the block and potentially other veterans too. 

Maybe Brockers or Cooks?

40 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I think with the weapons we have we can move on from him because of his contract

Trading him will hurt our cap not help it. If we move him next year he'll cost us $5 million more than if he was on the roster. There really aren't any cap saving trading him for a couple more years. He's a Ram get used to it. 

28 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

By the way, it seems like we have Talib on the block and potentially other veterans too. 

Maybe Brockers or Cooks?

Talib is on IR. He can't be on the block.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Talib is on IR. He can't be on the block.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rams-reportedly-open-to-dealing-aqib-talib-other-veterans-to-free-up-money-to-pay-jalen-ramsey/amp/

he might not be on the block but looks like they are ready to move on from him too. Maybe to free up some cap space for another trade? 

6 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rams-reportedly-open-to-dealing-aqib-talib-other-veterans-to-free-up-money-to-pay-jalen-ramsey/amp/

he might not be on the block but looks like they are ready to move on from him too. Maybe to free up some cap space for another trade? 

Talib is gone next year anyways. Doesn't really make sense.

1 minute ago, LARams91 said:

Talib is gone next year anyways. Doesn't really make sense.

Cap wise it doesn't make sense, but it does make sense to get something for him if we do not plan to re-sign him next season. 

Talib makes sense.

Higbee would make sense.

Malcom Brown could make sense.

With the way Oko is playing, Clay Matthews might make sense considering his age and 2 year deal.

Possibly Brockers, but he's playing well. And possibly Cooks, but I don't think we can get out from his contract.

What do we need?

ILB opposite Littleton.

C

RG

DL depth.

8 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

He's on IR. It's a silly article. How are they going to trade him?

21 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's on IR. It's a silly article. How are they going to trade him?

You could trade a injured player if the other team agrees to terms. But I agree it’s silly and not gonna happen. Besides making so many trades can harm a locker room. That no ones safe strat can back fire. 

4 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

You could trade a injured player if the other team agrees to terms. But I agree it’s silly and not gonna happen. Besides making so many trades can harm a locker room. That no ones safe strat can back fire. 

Nobody is going to trade for a player who can't return from IR until the last few weeks of the season.

50 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nobody is going to trade for a player who can't return from IR until the last few weeks of the season.

I wouldn't say never. I think the bigger barrier to the trade is Talib's play has dropped off. A team in the AFC (Chiefs seem like the no-brainer) that isn't in a huge playoff hunt would definitely give up a 6th/7th for the playoffs if they knew they were getting last year's version of Talib. 

8 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Lmao 

In his defense, it was the 5th round pick they traded for, which they traded cap room for. They most certainly did not trade for Talib. 

Just now, JonStark said:

In his defense, it was the 5th round pick they traded for, which they traded cap room for. They most certainly did not trade for Talib. 

Nah Breh I’m kicking him while he’s down. 

Just now, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Nah Breh I’m kicking him while he’s down. 

Fair enough, but not sure why he'd be down. It was a good trade for us and he wasn't wrong.