RamRod

General Season Talk

58 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Good, so we shouldn't have any issue re signing Littleton. 

We could re-sign him, but we shouldn't.

35 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I completely agree. I'd rather see the money spent on Fowler, simply because edge guys are harder to find. It really comes down to who our DC is and what they prioritize.

Fowler is a beneficiary of Donald hard work, finding a replacement for him won't be hard. We have player like Okoronkwo who can replace him and it's time to see him play full time.

Littleton is a harder player to replace, the guy can do it all and he's one of the best ILB in the NFL but he's not a flashy player like Kuechly or Wagner. 

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

Fowler is a beneficiary of Donald hard work, finding a replacement for him won't be hard. We have player like Okoronkwo who can replace him and it's time to see him play full time.

Littleton is a harder player to replace, the guy can do it all and he's one of the best ILB in the NFL but he's not a flashy player like Kuechly or Wagner. 

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty shook that I fully agree with one of your posts. 

He's a beneficiary yes, but he has the talent beyond Obo. Littleton in my mind is more easily replaceable. I could be mistaken, but it's just what I feel. Ideally we'd be able to keep both, but between the two I'd edge (see what I did there) with Fowler.

4 minutes ago, LARams91 said:

He's a beneficiary yes, but he has the talent beyond Obo. Littleton in my mind is more easily replaceable. I could be mistaken, but it's just what I feel. Ideally we'd be able to keep both, but between the two I'd edge (see what I did there) with Fowler.

Honestly I think both are gone. The team saw how ignoring the OL can tank the team. We never had the same running threat and it led to a lot of Goffs inconsistencies. OL has to be focus with the cap space we have. If Whitworth wants to come back he should be a high priority. 

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

Honestly I think both are gone. The team saw how ignoring the OL can tank the team. We never had the same running threat and it led to a lot of Goffs inconsistencies. OL has to be focus with the cap space we have. If Whitworth wants to come back he should be a high priority. 

I don't think cap space is necessarily the answer. If Whitworth returns, we don't need another high-cost player imo. And I don't see us wanting to sacrifice a comp pick.

4 hours ago, Flounch said:

If Littleton were in Kuechly or Wagner's league, I'd pay him. It's not about flash. It's about him being a good player at a replaceable position who is going to cost $13 million to $16 million per year. In terms of coverage, he's on par with those two. But he's not the force against the run that they are.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't think cap space is necessarily the answer. If Whitworth returns, we don't need another high-cost player imo. And I don't see us wanting to sacrifice a comp pick.

I don't want to either. I'd use the rest for draft picks, vets that won't count against the formula and a few re-sign/extensions. Whit is going to probably cost $8mish of what we have. He's the most important re-sign for me. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

If Littleton were in Kuechly or Wagner's league, I'd pay him. It's not about flash. It's about him being a good player at a replaceable position who is going to cost $13 million to $16 million per year. In terms of coverage, he's on par with those two. But he's not the force against the run that they are.

OK then just give a list of player who are as good as Littleton, cheaper and that are avalaible in FA. 

Edited by Flounch

5 minutes ago, Flounch said:

OK then just give a list of player who are as good as Littleton, cheaper and that are avalaible in FA. 

That's not how it works, Flounch. When you start paying guys, you are forced to make decisions on who is worth keeping at a high price. All good/great teams have to do it. The smart teams look for players at positions that are either not as impactful or more easily replaceable. Littleton is going to get big money and plays a replaceable position. We will draft his replacement or go after a guy who is a bargain but not quite as good. That's life in the NFL. You can't keep everybody. The Ravens let C.J. Mosley sign with the Jets this past off-season. How are they doing?

What’s crazy to me is that Cory had a better season last year and was tendered for low money. This year apparently was his break out year but idk. I like what I saw from Howard in limited snaps. He looks like Cory when he was first thrown in there. 

8 hours ago, Flounch said:

I can’t believe I agree with you 

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He’s better than Kuechly and Wagner in coverage 

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

If he gives us a discount at 11/year we should be all over him. 

He’s a great coverage LB, who causes turnovers 

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

He’s better than Kuechly and Wagner in coverage 

Disagree.

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

If he gives us a discount at 11/year we should be all over him. 

He’s a great coverage LB, who causes turnovers 

He's not going to give us a discount.