RamRod

General Season Talk

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Pass.

Hard Pass.

Pass again.

Hard Pass again.

LoL we got 3 backs we like and invested early draft picks into two of them. They are around and under contract for the next 3 years atleast and we do not need to throw a disgruntled RB looking for his first payday into the mix. We have enough mouths to feed monetarily and if anyones response is "It would only be for a year", then I continue to hard pass. Takes away from Henderson and Akers development.

I definitely understand where you are coming from and if the Rams decided not to go that route Im ok with it. Im high on Akers and Henderson. Im just saying Fournette is one of the most gifted athletes in the NFL period. Heck he was NFL ready before he stepped foot at LSU. I live in Louisiana so I follow LSU very closely. The dude is a freakish athlete and unfortunately he played with the Jags. He also unfortunately played with an LSU team at the time that wasnt creative and was 3yds and a cloud of dust. So Id love to see what Fournette can do with a great offensive mind in McVay. Not to mention that yes the Rams have backs in Akers and Henderson which in the NFL these days its running back by committee. Like how many teams employ just one back majority of the time? Fournette and Akers could still get touches in the same way Ingram and Kamara did in New Orleans and that pair was GREAT together. The Saints backfield wasnt the same imo last year because Ingram went to Baltimore. So again Im fine with Akers and Henderson but I would sure love it if the Rams took a chance on Fournette who is a freakish athlete who can do it all in the running game as well as the receiving game. 

I really can't believe people actually wanted Fournette. So glad Sean came out and squashed that today. We have more than capable RBs. If you want to spend money, spend it on the line.

Edit: or LBs

Edited by btfd16
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, btfd16 said:

I really can't believe people actually wanted Fournette. So glad Sean came out and squashed that today. We have more than capable RBs. If you want to spend money, spend it on the line.

Edit: or LBs

I’d be down with a LBer or two, especially now that Travin Howard is out for the season. Apparently he was suppose to start alongside Kiser at ILB; I had no idea....what a shame, perhaps he will show us what he can do next year.

Is this the year the hawks finally crash and burn? And go what theyre talent really is 5-11! Or will Wilson be magical yet again? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I’d be down with a LBer or two, especially now that Travin Howard is out for the season. Apparently he was suppose to start alongside Kiser at ILB; I had no idea....what a shame, perhaps he will show us what he can do next year.

Let's keep in mind that teams will be cutting down to 53 soon. My guess, is Snead is waiting to see what we can pick from the garbage heap. Would be good to monitor the LB's cut from Denver and Chicago with ties to Staley.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Is this the year the hawks finally crash and burn? And go what theyre talent really is 5-11! Or will Wilson be magical yet again? 

No, they have Russ. They will always be atleast around .500 if not better until he is done

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

No, they have Russ. They will always be atleast around .500 if not better until he is done

This...I think it’s more likely the Niners crash and burn than the Seahawks. 

9 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

This...I think it’s more likely the Niners crash and burn than the Seahawks. 

Dont think "crash and burn" is in the cards for any of the Top 3 in the NFC West. But I do think that the Niners were overachieving last season, much like we did the season prior. 

Their Offense will still be good, but I think Jimmy is proving to be less than the messiah many touted him as coming from New England. Not to mention the Leagu will adjust to Shanahan just like they did McVay, the question will be, does he respond faster than Sean did? Its going to be hard to do that if they dont have any WRs to change up the Running Game plan.

I think its more likely that Arizona falls quite short of their lofty offseason expectations. I dont believe in Kyler as an NFL QB, not just down on his long term prospects, but I think he is going to struggle in big time games. Like when its a tight game, with good defenses really locking down, not just garbage time to rack up stats. And more so, I dont think Kliff is a real NFL caliber coach, and will be more of that teams downfall more than anything.

Still think the Rams, Niners and Hawks are all serious playoff contenders, likely all finishing between 11-9 wins. While AZ falls below expectations.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Getting word that Terrel Lewis may be hurt. Injury to his knee. May be serious, but no indications either way. Not a good start for a college player who was riddled with injuries.

Rams should be active during the roster trimming process for ILB and OLB.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/lists/rams-trade-targets-roster-cuts-training-camp-2020/

Praying that he won’t miss significant time. We have enough question marks with edge rushers as is, we can’t afford anymore

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Dont think "crash and burn" is in the cards for any of the Top 3 in the NFC West. But I do think that the Niners were overachieving last season, much like we did the season prior. 

Their Offense will still be good, but I think Jimmy is proving to be less than the messiah many touted him as coming from New England. Not to mention the Leagu will adjust to Shanahan just like they did McVay, the question will be, does he respond faster than Sean did? Its going to be hard to do that if they dont have any WRs to change up the Running Game plan.

I think its more likely that Arizona falls quite short of their lofty offseason expectations. I dont believe in Kyler as an NFL QB, not just down on his long term prospects, but I think he is going to struggle in big time games. Like when its a tight game, with good defenses really locking down, not just garbage time to rack up stats. And more so, I dont think Kliff is a real NFL caliber coach, and will be more of that teams downfall more than anything.

Still think the Rams, Niners and Hawks are all serious playoff contenders, likely all finishing between 11-9 wins. While AZ falls below expectations.

With the extra playoffs spot it’s possible Rams Niners Hawks can end up in the postseason. Wouldn’t it be nice to go through SF and Seattle back to the SB? Lol 

3 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

Praying that he won’t miss significant time. We have enough question marks with edge rushers as is, we can’t afford anymore

If not, Jachai Polite and Natrez Patrick are next man up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

If not, Jachai Polite and Natrez Patrick are next man up. 

True, at least we have some potential with those guys on the edge, the ILBs however....sigh...What does our defensive scheme truly ask of those guys?? From what I hear the majority of our ILBs can’t cover a patch of grass, but are good run stuffers...

Just a thought I had today...Van Jefferson has passed Reynolds on the depth chart.

What if we traded Reynolds for a Washington LB Ryan Anderson and sign Mohammed Sanu to a 1year deal?

Anderson isn't a scheme fit for Washinton now that they moved to 4-3.

Sanu would make a great WR4 and core special teams guy. He's super talented, but it just didn't work out in NE. 

Edited by BStanRamFan
  • Like 1

Heard you guys may be looking for LB help. Since you new DC was instrumental in drafting him, what would your interest be in LB Justin Hollins from DEN ?. He's big 6'5" , 248lbs and ran a 4.5 40. was learning both ILB/OLB play last year. Still needs a little learning but has to be somewhat familiar in Brandon Staley's schemes.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/players-roster/justin-hollins/

Edited by Cutler06