RamRod

General Season Talk

2 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Heard you guys may be looking for LB help. Since you new DC was instrumental in drafting him, what would your interest be in LB Justin Hollins from DEN ?. He's big 6'5" , 248lbs and ran a 4.5 40. was learning both ILB/OLB play last year. Still needs a little learning but has to be somewhat familiar in Brandon Staley's schemes.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/players-roster/justin-hollins/

Sure. I'll give ya a 6th next year since you probably have no interest in ANOTHER wide receiver and the only person I see as expendable is Josh Reynolds. Maybe Gerald Everett.

5 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Sure. I'll give ya a 6th next year since you probably have no interest in ANOTHER wide receiver and the only person I see as expendable is Josh Reynolds. Maybe Gerald Everett.

Don't need either a TE or a WR, but I would do Hollins  + 7th for your 5th.....

7 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Don't need either a TE or a WR, but I would do Hollins  + 7th for your 5th.....

Sold to the man idolizing Tomi Lauren's new BF...lol jk

It will be interesting to see if the Rams go into the market for a player like Hollins as you mentioned (drafted by Staley, knows the defensive scheme, untapped potential).

What's the reasoning behind wanting to let him go? My spidey senses are telling me he's about to get cut and you're fishing for something out of nothing.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Sold to the man idolizing Tomi Lauren's new BF...lol jk

It will be interesting to see if the Rams go into the market for a player like Hollins as you mentioned (drafted by Staley, knows the defensive scheme, untapped potential).

What's the reasoning behind wanting to let him go? My spidey senses are telling me he's about to get cut and you're fishing for something out of nothing.

Love that you two are out here talking like youre about to call it into the league office 😂

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Love that you two are out here talking like youre about to call it into the league office 😂

Snead hearing about this trade being sent to the league office "Wait I didn't authorize this" 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I've been trapped in my apartment for 7 months, I work from home every day, I've been deprived of all normalcy...I'm now in the delusional GM stage of quarantine. Next on my agenda is getting the yellow pants thrown into this years line up, followed by recruiting LeBron James to play TE after he wins his 4th ring. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I've been trapped in my apartment for 7 months, I work from home every day, I've been deprived of all normalcy...I'm now in the delusional GM stage of quarantine. Next on my agenda is getting the yellow pants thrown into this years line up, followed by recruiting LeBron James to play TE after he wins his 4th ring. 

I hear ya... the last few days I’ve been watching YouTube clips of Denver and Chicago’s defenses trying to get an idea of what the Rams may or may not do on defense.

• Like 2

Keeping Sloman.... which is... weird... Thought he was the most inconsistent

Edit:Tweet

Edited by btfd16
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Keeping Sloman.... which is... weird... Thought he was the most inconsistent

Edit:Tweet

Totally agree. I thought he looked the worst of the three. I really thought Hajrullahu was the best but wouldn’t have thrown an argument if someone said MacGinnis. But Sloman? I’m a little disappointed to hear that 

• Like 1

We’ll probably keep one of the others on the practice squad

McVay going with the kid from his alma mater

• Like 1

Man Sloman was by far the most inconsistent

I wonder if they feel they have some obligation to him because they drafted him. If so that’s silly it was like one of the last five picks of the draft.

26 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Totally agree. I thought he looked the worst of the three. I really thought Hajrullahu was the best but wouldn’t have thrown an argument if someone said MacGinnis. But Sloman? I’m a little disappointed to hear that 

It’s a head scratcher of a move. He seem the least consistent out of the 3. Hopefully this doesn’t bite us in the a**  and cost us close games.

14 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Man Sloman was by far the most inconsistent

I wonder if they feel they have some obligation to him because they drafted him. If so that’s silly it was like one of the last five picks of the draft.

Someone on Reddit (seems like family member or friend) said Sloman went 11/11 in practice last week. Man I hope he balls out but I am so confused.

49/62 in college doesn't exactly scream confidence. **** man I really hope this doesn't cost us a game.

15 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

49/62 in college doesn't exactly scream confidence. **** man I really hope this doesn't cost us a game.

He improved every year, was 26/30 as a Senior, and has the most upside because he's the youngest guy with the least experience. If it's a close call, you keep Sloman. He has more room for growth. If he struggles, you can always make a chance. As for him costing us a game, odds are that he will. Even Greg cost us a game from time to time. Every kicker does.

• Like 1