RamRod

General Season Talk

Sloman needs to go—like yesterday. We’ve come away with four wins so far despite him missing either a FG or XP four times so far this year. We’ve had an easier schedule so far for sure but it definitely gets tougher down the stretch and those misses could be crucial. I’m not sure what more they need to see, but Sam Sloman ain’t it. He’s just not an NFL kicker in my eyes. We should be diligently looking for his replacement and it’s a little disappointing to see that they’re not. 

• Like 3

I don’t mind our kicker. Dudes a rookie.. But man once it’s a 45+ Yarder I have no faith. 

dude kicks the ball so freaking low! I’m not sure he has the juice... Oh well. Only time will tell.. His motion is just terrifying.. But it was time to move on from Greg.. Dude was starting to breakdown. 

21 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I don’t mind our kicker. Dudes a rookie.. But man once it’s a 45+ Yarder I have no faith. 

dude kicks the ball so freaking low! I’m not sure he has the juice... Oh well. Only time will tell.. His motion is just terrifying.. But it was time to move on from Greg.. Dude was starting to breakdown. 

You don't mind our kicker but get scared on a 45 yarder? That should be a routine kick.

If he can't hit that we need to bring in someone who can. Moving on from GZ was the right move, but we had better kickers in camp than Sloman.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JonStark said:

You don't mind our kicker but get scared on a 45 yarder? That should be a routine kick.

If he can't hit that we need to bring in someone who can. Moving on from GZ was the right move, but we had better kickers in camp than Sloman.

I know brother. But we’re 4-1 and I’m at the point of don’t make hasty rational decisions. We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. But many are not even wanting to see the bridge. Understandable! But it is what it is. I trust the coaching staff. I trust Mcvay. And he holds everyone accountable... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Amazing how easy it is to forget how bad GZ was for several years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

I know brother. But we’re 4-1 and I’m at the point of don’t make hasty rational decisions. We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. But many are not even wanting to see the bridge. Understandable! But it is what it is. I trust the coaching staff. I trust Mcvay. And he holds everyone accountable... 

I’d rather be proactive and get it taken care of BEFORE it costs us a game. 

Moving on from GZ was the right move—no argument here and I had actually advocated it before we officially did. But Sloman is not who we should settle for as the replacement. I have zero faith in him for ANY kick—XP’s included. I haven’t felt so bad about our kicking situation since Sam Ficken has filled in briefly and hell, even he’s doing better than Sloman these days. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

I’d rather be proactive and get it taken care of BEFORE it costs us a game. 

Moving on from GZ was the right move—no argument here and I had actually advocated it before we officially did. But Sloman is not who we should settle for as the replacement. I have zero faith in him for ANY kick—XP’s included. I haven’t felt so bad about our kicking situation since Sam Ficken has filled in briefly and hell, even he’s doing better than Sloman these days. 

I dont feel comfortable either when he's out there. I feel like he's the same as Ficken from PSU who filled in when GZ got hurt. Pretty sure Sloman was picked over the other 2 guys in camp because he was the best with PATs/Short Fgs. He is very young, so I dont mind them giving him a chance, but he's going to cost us a game if he doesn't do better. I miss having great special teams. Sometimes, its the difference in tight games against good teams. 

34 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I dont feel comfortable either when he's out there. I feel like he's the same as Ficken from PSU who filled in when GZ got hurt. Pretty sure Sloman was picked over the other 2 guys in camp because he was the best with PATs/Short Fgs. He is very young, so I dont mind them giving him a chance, but he's going to cost us a game if he doesn't do better. I miss having great special teams. Sometimes, its the difference in tight games against good teams. 

But if the D stays this good! I would gladly trade our ST for the D lolz 

Had a feeling that pick would be a kicker. Just wish it was Rodrigo Blankenship.

• Like 3

With Obo missing time this could make sense for a 6th or 7th

1 hour ago, RamRod said:

With Obo missing time this could make sense for a 6th or 7th

He's only signed thru this year, not sure he really even gets that much trade value. I'd wager he was more of a 2022 pick. 

Edit and he's already on to Jacksonville.

Edited by NVRamsFan

If both the Rams and the Chargers have a good 2021 season, their first meeting at SoFi needs to be on Sunday Night Football. Quite frankly, it should have been the first SNF game of 2018.

For future Chargers-Rams games, both teams should be allowed to wear colored jerseys. UCLA-USC football games have that same tradition.

Rams have signed kicker Kai Forbath

Pretty understandable signing. Hopefully he can come in and be a bit more consistent. 

Edited by MDY10
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Rams have signed kicker Kai Forbath

Pretty understandable signing. Hopefully he can come in and be a bit more consistent. 

Still think it's Sloman's job at least for another week or two. Hopefully this can motivate him. If things don't get better then I think we'll see Forbath.

The Bears just signed Manti Te'o to their PS to fill the spot Forbath left.