RamRod

General Season Talk

7 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I think some are underestimating Reynolds. I don’t see us moving on from him just yet. I like what Jefferson has displayed, it’s not much but I’m intrigued with him, however i don’t see him usurping Reynolds so quickly as some are predicting..

Reynolds is going to want to be a number 1 or 2 receiver somewhere. We just signed Kupp and Woods to big deals. I can’t see us spending (or think we can spend)  that much on a guy who won’t be our top 2. I think Van Jefferson was brought it to be cheap and be a reliable replacement to Reynolds until he steps in eventually for woods or Kupp. I think Reynolds will be good.. especially somewhere like Green Bay where he will be the clear cut 2. 

26 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Reynolds is going to want to be a number 1 or 2 receiver somewhere. We just signed Kupp and Woods to big deals. I can’t see us spending (or think we can spend)  that much on a guy who won’t be our top 2. I think Van Jefferson was brought it to be cheap and be a reliable replacement to Reynolds until he steps in eventually for woods or Kupp. I think Reynolds will be good.. especially somewhere like Green Bay where he will be the clear cut 2. 

Green Bay would make sense. There's a Lafleur connection there.

• Like 2

Just now, RamRod said:

Green Bay would make sense. There's a Lafleur connection there.

My exact thought. If GB doesn’t make a move now for him now, I can still see them being aggressive to get him in FA. Not only the connection with LaFleur but he’d be a great fit alongside Adams.  

Jets would consider trading Quinnen Williams for a 2.. I know we need rushers/backers but I wouldn't be upset about it. 

26 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Jets would consider trading Quinnen Williams for a 2.. I know we need rushers/backers but I wouldn't be upset about it. 

Where do I sign up for him? Williams next to Donald is scary. Clearly the Jets dont want to win because they drafted him to play next to Leonard Williams they already had to be a dominant force then they traded Leonard Williams to the Giants and now they would consider moving Quinnen Williams as well? Like I feel so bad for Darnold. I see why Lawrence said he would stay another year at Clemson if the Jets pick 1st overall. I wouldnt want to enter the draft either. Then again the Jets are so bad they could have the 1st overall pick again in 2022 when Lawrence have to come out but he might force his way not to go to the Jets like Eli did because he didnt want to play for the Chargers. 

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Pass. If we weren’t already depleted of draft picks, I might say otherwise but that is not a position of need and Williams has been largely a disappointment so far. Yes, he’s on the god awful Jets and yes, he has not been properly utilized so far, but real talent finds a way to shine one way or the other. 

On a side note, man the Jets are just a total dumpster fire. 

10 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Pass. If we weren’t already depleted of draft picks, I might say otherwise but that is not a position of need and Williams has been largely a disappointment so far. Yes, he’s on the god awful Jets and yes, he has not been properly utilized so far, but real talent finds a way to shine one way or the other. 

I agree, but if they really want to get rid of him and we somehow could get him for a 3.. id be ecstatic. Apparently they aren't getting any decent offers. 

Seriously though lol The fact that Gase has a job still is mind blowing to me

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I agree, but if they really want to get rid of him and we somehow could get him for a 3.. id be ecstatic. Apparently they aren't getting any decent offers. 

Seriously though lol The fact that Gase has a job still is mind blowing to me

Yeah while I wouldn’t offer a 2 as the Rams, I’m surprised there’s no other takers. 

And I honestly believe that the Jets are so far in tank mode that they want to make sure Gase stays for the season rather than fire him, potentially rally the team under an interim coach and play their way to a few wins and out of contention for the #1 pick. Also kinda a situation like “well you got us here—YOU need to be the one to deal with it”... kinda like how in baseball if a pitcher is getting rocked early in the game and a manager leaves them in there because the game is already a lost cause and they can’t afford to use up their bullpen 

6 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Yeah while I wouldn’t offer a 2 as the Rams, I’m surprised there’s no other takers. 

And I honestly believe that the Jets are so far in tank mode that they want to make sure Gase stays for the season rather than fire him, potentially rally the team under an interim coach and play their way to a few wins and out of contention for the #1 pick. Also kinda a situation like “well you got us here—YOU need to be the one to deal with it”... kinda like how in baseball if a pitcher is getting rocked early in the game and a manager leaves them in there because the game is already a lost cause and they can’t afford to use up their bullpen 

Yeah I guess at this point you might as well lol Im not a fan of the whole tanking idea myself, but I get it. I also think Darnold is way better than people think. I dont think any QB could have done much on that team. I feel for him lol But at the end of the day its Trevor Lawrence. Even If they wanted to trade away that first pick they would get some SERIOUS compensation considering theres probably many teams that would be interested. Could really set them up for the future if they play their cards right. IF.. lol 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

If we had a need, I'd go get Quinnen. He's not being utilized correctly at all. Across from Donald, he could be an absolute monster. But we're already short on picks and have a great DL rotation with A'Shawn returning.

Everson Griffen is on the block. We should kick the tires on him to secure a deep playoff run 

27 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Everson Griffen is on the block. We should kick the tires on him to secure a deep playoff run 

Cowboys fans say he's washed. I wonder if they'd trade Aldon Smith.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Cowboys fans say he's washed. I wonder if they'd trade Aldon Smith.

That’d be great. But they got him on a bargain and he’s one of the few players doing anything for them. 

Griffin doesnt have to be spectacular, he just needs to win his one on ones next to AD99

• Like 1