General Season Talk

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Good news:

Stinger is an injury that’s so hard to tell what recovery time will be. Some guys can get back in the next week, others are sidelined for most of a season.

Im just worried that the pain was severe enough that they felt going to the hospital was necessary during the game. 

Maybe that was just being extra cautious because it was the neck, but I wouldn’t be counting on him this week if they were already being that careful with it. 

I would really like to start a topic about this I but don’t feel like making a new thread so here’s my question…

where does the 2020  Los Angeles Rams defense rank in the last 20 years? Some of the first teams that come to mind are Seattle’s 2013 Super Bowl defense, Denvers 2015 Super Bowl defense, and the ravens 2000 defense since we are going back 20 years

I was doing some stat checking against that Seattle defense in 2013 and the Rams allowed 300 more yards passing but allowed to hundred yards less rushing. The Seahawks also had 28 interceptions compared to the Rams 14. The Rams had more Sacks By 11 or 12 and both teams had about 35% third down percentage defensively. 

Edited by MDY10
12 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

yes. thats how it starts.
it's mike silver. he is close to both.

Oh man. Though I like the fact that Mcvay took a lot of time and had a lot of conversations with Jared.. I’m not a fan of the whole having a clash over the last few years. Maybe I shouldn’t read into it but I’ve had a feeling since the season started that Mcvay hasn’t trusted Goff. Then you see the screens and runs on 3rd down all day.. aren’t his yards per attempt crazy low too? Then Wolford gets the start and all that stops happening. It does feel like something is a bit off in that area. However.. I hope I’m insanely wrong and just reading too much into it. Goff is here no matter what for a minimum of 2-3 years.. if there’s bad blood over those years it’s going to destroy the team. 

1 minute ago, MDY10 said:

Oh man. Though I like the fact that Mcvay took a lot of time and had a lot of conversations with Jared.. I’m not a fan of the whole having a clash over the last few years. Maybe I shouldn’t read into it but I’ve had a feeling since the season started that Mcvay hasn’t trusted Goff. Then you see the screens and runs on 3rd down all day.. aren’t his yards per attempt crazy low too? Then Wolford gets the start and all that stops happening. It does feel like something is a bit off in that area. However.. I hope I’m insanely wrong and just reading too much into it. Goff is here no matter what for a minimum of 2-3 years.. if there’s bad blood over those years it’s going to destroy the team. 

It's the media drumming up BS. All that didn't stop when Wolford got the start. We had multiple runs on 3rd and longs against Arizona. McVay has a strong tendency to run or throw screens on 3rd and 10+. That didn't go away with Wolford. I think it's because he doesn't trust the protection to hold up.

7 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I don't think there's much to that Silver piece. Goff is mad he didn't start but we saw the game, McVay made the right choice. Goff wasn't in a position where he'd be able to win us the game with his thumb. Luckily he didn't have to win us the game since the defense and running game showed up. 

There was at least 2 times they ran in on 3rd down with Wolford. One was 3rd and 11 that Brown actually picked up. McVay has always been a bit conservative but I think he just trusts the defense this year to hold up so he plays it safe. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

It's the media drumming up BS. All that didn't stop when Wolford got the start. We had multiple runs on 3rd and longs against Arizona. McVay has a strong tendency to run or throw screens on 3rd and 10+. That didn't go away with Wolford. I think it's because he doesn't trust the protection to hold up.

Definitely hope so. And hmm I really didn’t see any stats on the screens/runs on 3rd to back up what I said but I’ll have to look. It really felt like we saw them way fewer times on 3rd down and a bit more on 2nd. Again, Maybe I’m wrong here I’ll have to check.. but it seemed we were more aggressive on anything 3rd and 7-12. 

3 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I don't think there's much to that Silver piece. Goff is mad he didn't start but we saw the game, McVay made the right choice. Goff wasn't in a position where he'd be able to win us the game with his thumb. Luckily he didn't have to win us the game since the defense and running game showed up. 

There was at least 2 times they ran in on 3rd down with Wolford. One was 3rd and 11 that Brown actually picked up. McVay has always been a bit conservative but I think he just trusts the defense this year to hold up so he plays it safe. 

I agree, I think the right decision was made as well. Honestly after seeing the ball slip out of his hand early on it made me think he could have hurt the team in a big way if he couldn’t hold up and said he could. Having 3 guys active should have been the move but anyway, Right decision was made lol hope he’s at least close to being 100 next week. That cold weather makes me nervous. I truly wish he lights it up and shuts everyone up lol 

7 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Yeah, 2018 our defense was average on their best day, which is why we needed 35 points a game from the offense. This year we only need 21-30 points at the most and the defense will handle the rest. This upcoming off season we need some Vets on the offensive line and a deep threat.