General Season Talk

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

At a minimum, Farmer is a GM candidate and we have a few defensive coaches thought to be dc candidates for new coaches.

Nah, I mean that we have a 3rd round comp pick from FA and from the Holmes hiring. Farmer would net us another, I believe. That would be even more fantastic.

6 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

At a minimum, Farmer is a GM candidate and we have a few defensive coaches thought to be dc candidates for new coaches.

I'm pretty sure the picks are only for GM and HCs. I don't think OC or DC count. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

As I understand it, it's only HC and GM hires

Edit: Oops. Already been addressed. 

Edited by btfd16
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

As I understand it, it's only HC and GM hires

Edit: Oops. Already been addressed. 

Yeah I was thinking to when they started these discussions OC and dc were in. It didn’t make it to the final deal.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

So I’m not misunderstanding this? We just got two more 3rd round comp picks?? I couldn’t have misunderstood 5 different sources right? Lmao 

lol yep we got two 3rd round comp picks for the Lions hiring Holmes as their GM. We get one 3rd round pick in the 2021 draft and one 3rd round pick in the 2022 draft. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

The idiot you're quoting says that and many other things that are just mind boggling. 

Really is the ultimate pessimist and just says the craziest stuff. Glad I muted him 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Car_Ramrod said:

Really is the ultimate pessimist and just says the craziest stuff. Glad I muted him 

Yeah unfortunately every once in a while I view a post to see if the lights came on only to be disappointed. 

• Like 1

I saw on twitter that someone said Stephen A said on ESPN First Take that the Rams are working on a trade package that would send Goff plus picks to Houston for Watson. Did anyone hear this? I didn’t because I haven’t truly zoned in fully on First Take since the rumors of Watson wanting out of Houston. Also I can’t believe this is true while the Rams are in the middle of a Superbowl run right now. It would make more since if the Rams was eliminated already to hear this but I find it hard to believe. Also I don’t think Stephen A is the most reliable football source. If it was the NBA I’d be more inclined to believe him the NFL nope.

11 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I saw on twitter that someone said Stephen A said on ESPN First Take that the Rams are working on a trade package that would send Goff plus picks to Houston for Watson. Did anyone hear this? I didn’t because I haven’t truly zoned in fully on First Take since the rumors of Watson wanting out of Houston. Also I can’t believe this is true while the Rams are in the middle of a Superbowl run right now. It would make more since if the Rams was eliminated already to hear this but I find it hard to believe. Also I don’t think Stephen A is the most reliable football source. If it was the NBA I’d be more inclined to believe him the NFL nope.

It was brought up in one of these threads. And while it sounds nice, it’s also completely unrealistic.

Not only is it hard to believe that Houston will be moving DeShaun, but he also has a full no trade, so he can pick where he goes, and on top of that, we probably don’t have even close to a competitive package to offer compared to who else would be in the running (mainly Miami)

3 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Wonder if Holmes will have any pull on who the Lions hire for coach. I assume he’d be very interested in Staley no? 

Yea. This hit me like a tidal wave this morning reading the Saleh news. 

suddenly I’m worried

Edited by StLunatic88
2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Wonder if Holmes will have any pull on who the Lions hire for coach. I assume he’d be very interested in Staley no? 

The 1 benefit is the Lions just went through getting a GM and DC from the same team and it was a disaster. Maybe they'd be scared of the optics? 

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea. This hit me like a tidal wave this morning reading the Saleh news. 

suddenly I’m worried

Same here man... as soon as I heard the Saleh news last night it was my first thought. Now that coaches are actually starting to be hired there’s less and less names to choose from. Staley could easily be on the Lions radar. 

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

The 1 benefit is the Lions just went through getting a GM and DC from the same team and it was a disaster. Maybe they'd be scared of the optics? 

Hopefully! But I doubt it. It just makes sense that they’d lean towards Staley now that coaches are being hired. I could see Pederson in Detroit as well to work with Stafford but I have a weird feeling about Staley being a popular name right now.