Random Titans Football Related Things

KingTitan

I remember I was so excited when we picked Sankey. He was my favorite RB in that class, had great film, and then he could just never get rolling. It was very perplexing at the time and still kind of perplexing. I guess his undoing was the fact that he didn't really have any elite traits that would separate him. He was a good all around back coming out and then just got completely swallowed by the league. I feel like Whisenhunt wasn't the best coach for him either, combine that with a terrible offense all around, and it was a recipe for disaster. I still always thought he'd at worst be able to hang in the league as a backup, but it just didn't happen. 

Man, those Whisenhunt years were straight misery on every level.

• Like 1

My cousin is married to a guy that's a big fantasy football fan, but clueless about the league itself.

I remember when we cut Sankey and the Pats signed him.

He legit looks at me and goes "Sankey is A LOT like LeGarrett Blount, who was awesome with the Pats."

I was like what effing planet do you live on you effing psychopath.

Great thanksgiving.

Edited by deeluxx3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

My cousin is married to a guy that's a big fantasy football fan, but clueless about the league itself.

I remember when we cut Sankey and the Pats signed him.

He legit looks at me and goes "Sankey is A LOT like LeGarrett Blount, who was awesome with the Pats."

I was like what effing planet do you live on you effing psychopath.

Great thanksgiving.

Maybe I’m misremembering, but I don’t remember them being very similar players at all.

It’s one thing to whiff on a RB. It’s another to do it when you have your choice among all RBs that year.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Maybe I’m misremembering, but I don’t remember them being very similar players at all.

It’s one thing to whiff on a RB. It’s another to do it when you have your choice among all RBs that year.

They’re not. This guy had no clue what he was talking about 

Had a lot of high hopes for him but that whole regime was just an absolute disaster. Apparently he’s a QC at Rice now. Anybody remember CMac? He actually did a Miami podcast recently and took a shot at Whisenhunt….

The link is in the tweet for the why. At the 1:12:23 mark. I still think he was well on his way to becoming one of the better LBs if his body wasn’t made of glass.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Had a lot of high hopes for him but that whole regime was just an absolute disaster. Apparently he’s a QC at Rice now. Anybody remember CMac? He actually did a Miami podcast recently and took a shot at Whisenhunt….

The link is in the tweet for the why. At the 1:12:23 mark. I still think he was well on his way to becoming one of the better LBs if his body wasn’t made of glass.

high ankle sprain did him in

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Ahh man. The days of thinking Akeem Ayers/Colin McCarthy/Zach Brown were the LB core of the future. Good times

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Good stuff. I wish more players would talk about this stuff openly. Would help to keep the idiots out of the league. 

Horton claims that, in 2016, he received a “sham interview” with the Titans. The team hired Mike Mularkey instead, and he later said during a podcast interview that the Titans told him he would be the coach, “before they went through the Rooney Rule.”

“And so I sat there knowing I was the head coach in 2016, as they went through this fake hiring process knowing . . . a lot of the coaches that they were interviewing, knowing how much they prepared to go through those interviews, knowing that everything they could do and they had no chance to go that job,” Mularkey said, via the amended complaint. “And actually, the GM Jon Robinson, he was in an interview with me. He had no idea why he is interviewing me, that I have a job already. I regret it. . . . and I regretted it since then. I am sorry I did that, but it was not the way to do that. Should have been interviewed like everybody else and got hired ’cause of the interview not early on.”