2022 FF GM mock draft + War Room

5 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Best blocking TE? 😎

i think that would be Jaylen Wydermayer at this point

imo i prefer Likely if we go TE but i voted for the DB lol i'll wait til i get some more votes before i make the pick since we got some time

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

Nice! The more I think about it the more I really hope we get Marcus in the draft. I really think he's going to be an above average starter at NCB right away, and being the best KR/PR to come out in years is just an added bonus. Hell, he even had 100 yards receiving and a TD last year.. maybe we'll get some offensive production out of him. 

41 minutes ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

Nice! The more I think about it the more I really hope we get Marcus in the draft. I really think he's going to be an above average starter at NCB right away, and being the best KR/PR to come out in years is just an added bonus. Hell, he even had 100 yards receiving and a TD last year.. maybe we'll get some offensive production out of him. 

Yea after you mentioned him and I watched some of him I was very impressed. Super athlete. I like getting input from you guys because there's plenty of prospects I still don't know about. The value that Jones would bring in the return game would be immense (Darden is a terrible returner) but IRL Jones doesn't profile as a Licht CB but i like to have some fun with these GM moves and see how things turn out later 

• Like 1

Love the Marcus Jones pick! If this guy was 5'11 and not 5'8, he's be a 1st round pick IMO. Like you guys have already said, he possess elite ball skills for a CB and is a weapon in the return game. The thing that I love is although he's small in stature, he's not afraid to hit and is visible in the run support game. He also played all over the field in college, so he's not just limited to NCB. He may excel there, but he could play other spots as he's had experience and excelled. 

He's in the Cortland Finnegan or Jason Verrett mold, which I love!

My only concern with him is how long he'll be able to hold up in the NFL based on his stature and how physically he plays. He's also got to work on not getting so grabby with WR's. 

My favorite quote from a scout:

• Physical run supporter in the Antoine Winfield mold with short-area explosiveness to leave his mark on ballcarriers
  • Like 1

We're about 7 picks out. Looks like we might want to target our TE here if we want one, since we don't pick again till 7th. Isaiah Likely and Charlie Kolar just went off the board.

Best remaining TE's IMO: 

Jaylen Wydermyer, Grant Calcetarra, Cole Turner and Jake Ferguson and Daniel Bellinger.

Some other guys still out there I like:

DE Matt Butler, DE Zach Carter, RB Pierre Strong, RB Tyler Allgeier, WR Kyle Phillips, WR Khalil Shakir

OLB Darrian Beavers is still available too somehow. I'm intrigued by him as a conversion guy to an edge rusher. 

4 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

We're about 7 picks out. Looks like we might want to target our TE here if we want one, since we don't pick again till 7th. Isaiah Likely and Charlie Kolar just went off the board.

Best remaining TE's IMO: 

Jaylen Wydermyer, Grant Calcetarra, Cole Turner and Jake Ferguson and Daniel Bellinger.

Some other guys still out there I like:

DE Matt Butler, DE Zach Carter, RB Pierre Strong, RB Tyler Allgeier, WR Kyle Phillips, WR Khalil Shakir

OLB Darrian Beavers is still available too somehow. I'm intrigued by him as a conversion guy to an edge rusher. 

I was hoping likely would fall a little bit more lol if we had more picks i would hv moved up

I also like wydermayer & calceterra here

15 minutes ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

How do yall feel about Tyler Badie? Could be good in the James White role.. one of the better receiving backs in the draft and really good ball security. 

Ironically, I'm an avid Mizzou fan, so I know Badie well. I love him. He's tough as nails. Has some wiggle in the open field. He has some of the best hands of any RB like you said. I'd love taking a 4th-5th round gamble on him.

His downside is that his frame won't allow him to be a 3 down back and he really struggles in pass-protection because of this. He's got to get better about his decisiveness in hitting holes too; he was too hesitant at times in college and took negative plays (that won't fly in NFL). He also has a ton of miles already on his body, as Mizzou rode him hard the last 2 years.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

His highlights look really good

I think at this point I'd rather go another route than RB with our 4th though,  depending on who's left that is

But definitely an option he manages to last til one of our 7ths 

Agreed 100%. I think Pierre Strong has more upside of the two.