World Cup Draw ‘22

Fresh Prince

19 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Oh Id rival the Hampton Roads area for potential against anywhere in the world. (Norfolk, Hampton, Virginia Beach, Suffock, Newport News, Chesapeake) Their basically all Boroughs to be looked at collectively. Though count as separate cities. Sheer athlete wise, trounces any region in Brazil. And its all thrown to the wind.

Only way I see anything even beginning to materialize here. Is giving 2 more CONCACAF spots to Mexico, 1 more to Canada and 2 to the USL. But not even that little would happen due to the MLS intentionally destroying and keeping its bootheel on soccers throat. Which is why LigaMX CRUSHES MLS in ratings here.

Few other things. How do you not rock that East Turrock Grim Reaper as an avatar? What the heck is that on Basildons crest? Theyre called The Bees or something, yet it looks like a silhouette of a stripper laying over a table lol. And how many jobs do you think East Turrock helped put in that area?

Yeah it actually is a woman with an anvil coming from her breast. Haha!

here's some more for you

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/17-funniest-club-badges-non-league

• 2 weeks later...

TBH I think England is going to have a fight on their hands with USA. For me, the only thing standing in the way of USA being on that same level is goaltending. Either Steffen or Turner need to get a loan out of City/Arsenal to get playing time and get into good form prior to Qatar.  Iran and whoever the other team is don't stand a chance, unless USA/UK draw and also blow another game.

Also... Canada. They are scary good. The Eurosnobs are in for a rude awakening of they underestimate Canada.

11 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

TBH I think England is going to have a fight on their hands with USA. For me, the only thing standing in the way of USA being on that same level is goaltending. Either Steffen or Turner need to get a loan out of City/Arsenal to get playing time and get into good form prior to Qatar.  Iran and whoever the other team is don't stand a chance, unless USA/UK draw and also blow another game.

Also... Canada. They are scary good. The Eurosnobs are in for a rude awakening of they underestimate Canada.

North America is rolling in strong. My concern with Mexico is defensively they can stand with the best. But lack up front in both passing and firing power.

All 3 have it in them to get wins. Its living up to it on the field thats an issue. Cause just as easy as I could see a couple bowing out early. I could see a couple in the 8. Theyre just weird like that.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 3:05 AM, TedLavie said:

Group A: I am not sure Netherlands are that big of a favorite to win the group. Sénégal is really good - they have top players on every line and they just dominate teams in Africa. What they lack is a creative midfielder to create more good chances in those games where they dominate the time of possession (which might be an issue against say Ecuador) but I think them vs Netherlands is 50-50. And you can nevery underestimate a South American team nor the host.

Group B: I think Iran might surprise some people - I have them battling it out with the US for the 2nd spot in the group. They have good players, were really good in qualifying and in the last WC as well. I think the European team that qualifies, assuming it won't be Ukraine, finishes 4th.

Group C Argentina seems better that last WC I expect them to advance. It will be Mexico vs Poland for 2nd and Mexico just has a better track record at this level.

Group D : Denmark is better than people think. They dominated their quali group (a weak one to be honest), they tied England in their Nation league group and went to the semis in the Euro. I think they qualify easily though I do expect us (France) to win the group. Peru doesn't scare me to be honest and Tunisia is limited.

Group E : This is the hardest group. I agree with you, Spain and Germany should come out but as you said, both Japan and Costa Rica will be competitive. They both had trouble early in the qualifying phase but both had strong showings at the end of it and they both have experience in the WC.

Group F : I agree with you, Canada could surprise Croatia or Belgium here. But Croatia is no pushover and they still have most of the team that went on the finals last WC. Morocco is a talented side but they currrently have some internal turmoil. We'll see where they are at in November.

Group G : The group looks easy for Brazil but Switzerland and Serbia shouldn't be underestimated as they both advanced over Italy and Portugal in the qualifying phase. Anything can happen in this group I believe, even Cameroon (which has a solid defense and will be hard to beat) advancing. 

Group H: I think this is a much weaker group than people realise. Portugal is a super talented side but they just haven't really shown anything in the last years and barely qualified. Uruguay had a lot of issues in quali as well. Ghana just isn't good. They qualified over South Africa (which also isn't good) because of a gross referee mistake and then beat Nigeria which played terribly (Osimhen completed one single pass in the 1st leg). I think they might be the weaker side of the WC. I believe South korea has a good shot to advance here.

A1 - Netherlands

A2 - Senegal

B1 - England

B2 - Iran

C1 - Argentina

C2 - Mexico

D1 - France

D2 - Denmark

E1 - Germany

E2 - Spain

F1 - Croatia

F2 - Canada

G1 - Brazil

G2 - Serbia

H1 - Portugal

H2 - South Korea

thank you for giving my home country of Iran some love. it's laughable that these Americans actually think the USMNT is better than Team Melli. they're in for a rude awakening 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2022 at 10:01 AM, persiandud said:

thank you for giving my home country of Iran some love. it's laughable that these Americans actually think the USMNT is better than Team Melli. they're in for a rude awakening 

You drew with Portugal in the last World Cup right?

seemed a tough team to break down