Ugh, Roquan wants extension, holdout possible

malagabears

27 minutes ago, malagabears said:

Although a FA topic, this deserves it's own thread. To be fair I love Roquan but if he can net us an FRP in the 15-20 range I would listen.

I would hope a decision can be made before April 31st since that date doesn't exist but I digress. 

1 minute ago, Bigbear72 said:

I would hope a decision can be made before April 31st since that date doesn't exist but I digress. 

Well it's not an April Fools joke so the only other gaffe is the deadline date. But I have seen him quoted in other news & WCG isn't terrible so take it FWIW.

9 minutes ago, malagabears said:

Well it's not an April Fools joke so the only other gaffe is the deadline date. But I have seen him quoted in other news & WCG isn't terrible so take it FWIW.

Fair enough. Well let's hope that it is just a rumor or we can get an extension done relatively quickly.

Thoughts:

1. Listen to offers but make it clear that people would have to pay big for him. If some team meets that price, then so be it, we can use the draft capital.

2. Unless  there's a ridiculous offer on the table in trade, start working out a deal. Roquan has been nothing but a fantastic player for us. If anyone on this team deserves to get paid right now, it's him.

3. His agent is still a *censored* , but he is good at his job.

4. And believe nothing that comes out on 4/1 until it's confirmed outside of 4/1

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Epyon said:

Thoughts:

1. Listen to offers but make it clear that people would have to pay big for him. If some team meets that price, then so be it, we can use the draft capital.

2. Unless  there's a ridiculous offer on the table in trade, start working out a deal. Roquan has been nothing but a fantastic player for us. If anyone on this team deserves to get paid right now, it's him.

3. His agent is still a *censored* , but he is good at his job.

4. And believe nothing that comes out on 4/1 until it's confirmed outside of 4/1

I heard on the radio this week that he is not currently represented by anyone.

12 hours ago, Epyon said:

If I were Poles, i wouldn't even consider trading Roquan. Because, the hope would then be--to get a Roquan type player in return, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

If he were to be moved though, I'd charge a higher price than the Jamaal Adams trade. It would have to be close to what we gave up for Mack.