Cooper Kupp V DeVante Adams

mdonnelly21

Cooper Kupp V DeVante Adams   

57 members have voted

1. 1. Cooper Kupp V DeVante Adams

• Cooper Kupp
    • DeVante Adams

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah if you box score scout. Tae is the best receiver in the game. Kupp isn't getting covered like this outside of the redzone:

FHDsXbYWYAIwtEB.jpg:large

You think Cooper Kupp didn't get double covered outside of the red-zone?

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's double teams, and then there's covering the guy like a punt gunner. I've never seen a coverage like that in my 25 years of watching the game.

So Davante Adams is the best WR in the NFL because a team double teamed him in a novel way (which isn't exactly true)? This is a silly argument.

Edited by jrry32

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

So Davante Adams is the best WR in the NFL because a team double teamed him in a novel way (which isn't exactly true)? This is a silly argument.

This happens in some way, shape or form every game. Yet he still puts up record numbers. He didn't have Robert Woods or OBJ to help the defensive focus, it was always on him. Completely uncoverable in single coverage. There's no one with a better release and stem in the game. I just don't know how you look over the last 4 years and say anyone out there is doing it like him. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

It’s pretty simple to me:

If you think Stafford is a better QB than Cousins, going to be really tough to argue Kupp is better than Jefferson.

Feel free to make a Jefferson vs Kupp thread and then throw that in there. Could have some merit.

Edited by FrantikRam

32 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Feel free to make a Jefferson vs Kupp thread and then throw that in there. Could have some merit.

Nah, it’s a bad, cherry-picking argument that’ll stay bad in virtually every thread is gets brought up in. 

When has QB play (especially in the margins between 21’ Stafford and 21’ Rodgers) ever been a severe hindrance to receiver play? Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitz, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Jefferson, Brandon Marshall - all put up good numbers with largely mediocre QB play. If QB play is a major factor, then Stafford knocks Kupp significantly. 

Does it play into their numbers at all? Sure. Is it nearly the open-and-shut factor you pretend? Hell no. 

I'm excited to see year two of Stafford & Kupp. Equally, I'm excited to see what Adams can do with Carr in the NFL. 

Kupp in his first season with Stafford put up one of the best seasons (probably the best) any WR has ever had in the NFL. The consistency was unheard of, with only one game out of the 21 going for fewer than 90 yards. Out of all the triple crown winners, no one even remotely came close to the numbers he put up either and he followed it up with a historic post-season. 

Adams has been highly consistent for a few seasons now at the top end range, however working with arguably the most talented thrower (unquestionably the most intelligent) QB in the NFL would've helped - especially when he was so far ahead of the rest of the receivers in his company. Adams never had a Bobby Trees, OBJ or Brandin Cooks to compete with for targets. He's also never had a QB like Jared Goff to work with before which what makes it such a hard decision. 

I'll say this season will show for sure.

6 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

It’s pretty simple to me:

If you think Stafford is a better QB than Cousins, going to be really tough to argue Kupp is better than Jefferson.

Apples to oranges. Adams puts up worse numbers than Kupp with a Better QB. Jefferson puts up worse numbers with a worse QB. If Jefferson was closer on the stats you'd have a decent argument.

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Nah, it’s a bad, cherry-picking argument that’ll stay bad in virtually every thread is gets brought up in. 

When has QB play (especially in the margins between 21’ Stafford and 21’ Rodgers) ever been a severe hindrance to receiver play? Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitz, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Jefferson, Brandon Marshall - all put up good numbers with largely mediocre QB play. If QB play is a major factor, then Stafford knocks Kupp significantly. 

Does it play into their numbers at all? Sure. Is it nearly the open-and-shut factor you pretend? Hell no. 

It's a factor that I think is applicable in this case, because the two are pretty close overall.

I suppose I could have said that's why its simple for me

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This happens in some way, shape or form every game. Yet he still puts up record numbers. He didn't have Robert Woods or OBJ to help the defensive focus, it was always on him. Completely uncoverable in single coverage. There's no one with a better release and stem in the game. I just don't know how you look over the last 4 years and say anyone out there is doing it like him. 

Scroll up a bit. You quoted my post before I edited it. The WR who led the NFL in double team rate was . . . Cooper Kupp. I don't know how you look at the WR coming off arguably the greatest WR season of all time and try to stick another WR above him who hasn't had any transcendent seasons.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:46 PM, Packerraymond said:

There's double teams, and then there's covering the guy like a punt gunner. I've never seen a coverage like that in my 25 years of watching the game.

I legit think they messed up that coverage pre-snap. I don't think that was intentional lol.