Patriots trade for DeVante Parker

DaPatsKid98

Just now, Vachon777 said:

Didn't this guy have some serious drops issues early on? I haven't followed his career much since, but seems like he couldn't catch a cold back then..

From what I have read, he is a little like Agholor in the sense that he is good for a few mental lapse drops a year. Lets just hope they don't come at awful times like when Agholors drop in OT cost them the Dallas game. 

9 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Parker is set to receive $5.65 million next season, and $5.7 million in 2023, per Mike Reiss.

Our wide receiver core heading into the draft now sits as…

Parker, Kendrick Bourne, Nelson Agholor, Jakobi Meyers, N’Keal Harry, Ty Montgomery, Kristian Wilkerson, and Malcolm Perry…

There's your reason why BB made the trade. He loves picking up players that give him problems.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 11:04 PM, Dalan162 said:

Parker - 6

Meyers - 4

Bourne - 8

Agholor - 3

Henry - 9

Smith - 4 (so far, should be a 9)

is plenty good enough for Mac Jones’ development. 

I don’t think we make the playoffs next year, but Jones’ development is huge for year 3

Added my ratings out of 10 for our corps (assuming Kupp and Adams are a 10). It's OK, I still think we are well below average in the league, but he definitely does have some pieces.

I'd like to have a corps centered on Henry, Bourne and Parker, with Smith hopefully improving. I really think the others just simply aren't good enough though. Despite Meyer's weird cult-like status on here. 

29 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Does this mean we can now get rid of one of the worst WRs, statistically, to have ever played for the Patriots, in Harry?

Yes, and even more yes if we don’t trade/cut Agholor, in which case I don’t see Harry do anything else but block

• Like 1

I don't want any of our top picks for a WR. We don't have a great need for one based on the WR unit now.  I'm not comfortable with the Mac Jones development comment. IMO that's up to coaching and his own personal development. Film, playbook and Tom House.

I will say a WR is definitely needed however it a slot guy in the later rounds. EX Hunter Reinfrow type.

I have only looked briefly at slot receivers. But mostly I go with guys recommended on this board.

I don't like Meyers in the slot. I just don't think he gives you enough. I still want him but not the main guy. There have been three guys mentioned frequently, Robinson, Bowden and Philips. On Bowden I will be disappointed if they waste a draft choice on him.  You can get him UDFA.

Any favorite slot guys that I should look up. Guys in the 4 to 7 Rds. Hidden Gems?

Edited by m haynes

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

I don't want any of our top picks for a WR. We don't have a great need for one based on the WR unit now.  I'm not comfortable with the Mac Jones development comment. IMO that's up to coaching and his own personal development. Film, playbook and Tom House.

I will say a WR is definitely needed however it a slot guy in the later rounds. EX Hunter Reinfrow type.

I have only looked briefly at slot receivers. But mostly I go with guys recommended on this board.

I don't like Meyers in the slot. I just don't think he gives you enough. I still want him but not the main guy. There have been three guys mentioned frequently, Robinson, Bowden and Philips. On Bowden I will be disappointed if they waste a draft choice on him.  You can get him UDFA.

Any favorite slot guys that I should look up. Guys in the 4 to 7 Rds. Hidden Gems?

D’eriq King, former Houston and Miami QB, is looking like a possibility to play in the slot if he wants to further his pro career possibilities. Not saying I’m down for that, but he did have Patriots personnel at his pro day.

Kyle Philips from UCLA

Velus Jones from Tennessee

Kalil Pimpleton from Central Michigan

1 hour ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

D’eriq King, former Houston and Miami QB, is looking like a possibility to play in the slot if he wants to further his pro career possibilities. Not saying I’m down for that, but he did have Patriots personnel at his pro day.

Kyle Philips from UCLA

Velus Jones from Tennessee

Kalil Pimpleton from Central Michigan

Thanks  That a great one, King. I love QBs in the late rounds that don't have the talent to play QB at the next level. . You know he understands the game and with him his legs are just as important as throwing the ball.  If he can catch the ball or be used as a 3rd down " running receiver " that would be a great find.

• Like 1