Patriots trade for DeVante Parker

DaPatsKid98

Who’s that white slot WR everyone thinks we will draft? (But we probably won’t)

I do agree slots are incredibly useful, if you added a Welker or Edelman for Mac then we are more than set. The issue I have is that Bourne and Meyers themselves are slot guys. Ideally, adding an X receiver with tons of speed to go opposite Parker, who is a fighter, and having Bourne in slot - that’s now looking potent. 

our first pick though, I’m with you Haynes. We gotta go defense really haven’t we? Or OL

Edited by Hunter2_1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Who’s that white slot WR everyone thinks we will draft? (But we probably won’t)

Slade Bolden, he has a high end 10 yard split which they make like but not much other than that. He also didn't run the 3 cone surprisingly. I still think there is a chance they go after him.. but it will be as a UDFA.

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I do agree slots are incredibly useful, if you added a Welker or Edelman for Mac then we are more than set. The issue I have is that Bourne and Meyers themselves are slot guys. Ideally, adding an X receiver with tons of speed to go opposite Parker, who is a fighter, and having Bourne in slot - that’s now looking potent. 

our first pick though, I’m with you Haynes. We gotta go defense really haven’t we? Or OL

I agree with you on the idea of adding speed to this current group, but I don't think it necessarily needs to be on the outside. 

X: Parker was a 4.4 guy.. even at 29/30 maybe he is 4.5 but he isn't Jarvis Landry slow. He's basically the ceiling of N'Keal Harry, so it's obvious they have wanted this type of X receiver. 

Z: Bourne has shown the ability to play inside and outside .. i think they like that flexibility. If they throw the ball a little more this season I could easily see Bourne with over 1,000 yards receiving. I could also see them using him running the ball more too, he did a great job with end arounds last year. 

Slot: This is where I think they will want the change. Having elite speed to go up the middle of the field and against slower safeties could be deadly. I could see them actually using Agholor in that role this year a bit more.. with him splitting time with Meyers in the slot. This is also why I could see them trying to find a really fast receiver and having him ease into the slot role to be ready for next year when guys leave.. someone like Bo Melton or Tyquan Thornton. Someone who watched Mac more in college could likely speak on it but from what I am aware he was used to having a vertical slot in college so getting someone used to that kind of route tree could fit in well if they feel throwing deep down the middle is a better use of Mac's arm strength to stretch the field instead of throwing deep on the outside. This is also the reason why Bourne being able to slide inside is important.. because even if you don't keep Meyers on a cheap deal you can have a vertical slot who has a limited route tree on first and second down.. then move in Bourne for the quicker routes on 3rd down. Ideally I'd keep Meyers as a #4 guy to be a chain mover on 3rd down. 

• Like 1

Best of luck to Parker (except when it impacts Miami)

I'm glad the organization did right by him, and traded him where he reportedly wanted to go. 

When he is healthy the guy is a problem for opposing teams, a definite upgrade if he can stay on the field. 

• Like 1

Love seeing Mac set these up, him being comfortable taking a full on leadership role is huge. Last year you got the sense that he felt he couldn't really take over because he was a rookie but now he should be making it his own.

Notable that Taylor is there too.. imagine if he finally started being an impact pass catcher? Not having to worry about finding the future James White would be big. 

Parker jumping right in and trying to build a relationship with these guys is big.. my only wish is that the TE's were there too but I can understand if it was a WR meet up. 

Also N'Keal Harry either wasn't invited because Mac knows he's gone.. or he didn't accept the invite because he knows he's gone

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Love seeing Mac set these up, him being comfortable taking a full on leadership role is huge. Last year you got the sense that he felt he couldn't really take over because he was a rookie but now he should be making it his own.

Notable that Taylor is there too.. imagine if he finally started being an impact pass catcher? Not having to worry about finding the future James White would be big. 

Parker jumping right in and trying to build a relationship with these guys is big.. my only wish is that the TE's were there too but I can understand if it was a WR meet up. 

Also N'Keal Harry either wasn't invited because Mac knows he's gone.. or he didn't accept the invite because he knows he's gone

Or he was to slow and missed the plane!!!!!!!!!!!

42 minutes ago, biggie. said:

The fact that teams are allegedly interesting in trading for Harry is laughable.

All the physical potential to interest teams and young. Change of scenery would do him well. Really disappointing it has gone this poorly with the Patriots thus far for Harry.

40 minutes ago, biggie. said:

The fact that teams are allegedly interesting in trading for Harry is laughable.

it wouldn't surprise me if they were.. the cost to get him for a 1yr rental will be like a conditional 7th. Would I rather take a receiver in the 7th or give N'keal a shot assuming that the Patriots are horrendous at developing WR's? 

I think any team that was interested in him in the 2nd round of the 2019 draft will consider trading a late round pick for him. They could do a conditional 2023 7th which has the potential of becoming a 6th or 5th if he played 75% of snaps or something. Another situation could be a pick swap.. something like Patriots trading 127 and Harry to move up 10-20 picks. 

If you look at Davante Parker today... he is who N'Keal Harry was supposed to be.. if a team still believes that they will 100% take him for a day 3 pick. I would if i were another team, the Patriots have messed up his development from year 1 when they sent him back out in a preseason game to get injured