2022 National Championship Game: MW1 Kansas vs E8 North Carolina

beekay414

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

UNC fans can celebrate that win from Saturday but had to see Love/Manek both ish the bed in the one game that actually mattered, I love Kansas.

Ish the bed when one was pretty clearly concussed and the other's ankle was a problem. 

I don't see how a Duke fan can possibly have anything left to say lol. This team beat you during Coach K's last home game, and in the final four in his last career game. Both as underdogs. 

Sad to see how far Duke fans have fallen! 

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Great game, congrats KU. Not even remotely disappointed. We ran a heater and made America happy by keeping that second rate program out of this game. 

Proud of these kids. 

They truly gutted it out towards the end of this tournament, I wanted it so bad for them. 

Extend Hubert Davis immediately. 

6 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Has anyone ever met a Kansas fan in the wild? For as successful of a program they have been, I have never in my life met a KU fan. You’d think they would have a massive following. 

Pretty much anyone that is a massive KU fan,   ends up moving to Lawrence or the Johnson County area.

10 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Has anyone ever met a Kansas fan in the wild? For as successful of a program they have been, I have never in my life met a KU fan. You’d think they would have a massive following. 

Ehh

It’s like trying to find a UCONN or Indiana Hoosier fan.

Fantastic programs historically, but not Duke / UNC / Kentucky / UCLA level. Especially in terms of brand.

14 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Congrats to Kansas. It warms my heart to see North Carolina blow a 15pt lead and lose in the title game. So all the North Carolina fans can feel great about beating Duke only to choke in the title game lol. 

When Manek's grand kids ask him about his basketball career:

"Did you win an ACC regular season title?" No kids

"Did you win an ACC tournament?" No kids

"Did you win a national championship?" No kids I actually was break dancing on the final play and lost us the game

"Did you make it to the NBA?" Of course not, couldn't even sniff the G-League

"Well what did you do grandpa?" I beat Duke in Coach K's final game that ultimately meant nothing cause we choked the next game.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Ish the bed when one was pretty clearly concussed and the other's ankle was a problem. 

I don't see how a Duke fan can possibly have anything left to say lol. This team beat you during Coach K's last home game, and in the final four in his last career game. Both as underdogs. 

Sad to see how far Duke fans have fallen! 

And when it mattered the most Bacot was sitting on the bench, Manek was literally break dancing away from the play, and Caleb Love was air balling shots.

Crazy what happens for Love when his teammates aren't allowed to bear hug his defender to free him up for a wide open 3 in clutch time. 

I watched the last 5 minutes of this game three times already. Freaking awesome game, and that's all you can ask for as a fan of the sport. 

Kansas is like an NBA team, huge talent, kinda surprised the Tar Heels were able to keep the game so close. 

• Like 1