Frank Gore to officially retire

adamq

Frank will retire as 3rd in all time rushing yards at exactly 16,000, behind only Walter Payton and Emmitt Smith. 

4th all time in yards from scrimmage, behind Jerry Rice, Smith, and Payton.

Gore joined the 49ers just as the rollin' with Nolan era began.. from the deepest depths he was one of the few to lead the team to 3 straight NFCCG and a SB appearance.. and we all know that would have been a SB win if they had given Frank a chance.

10 years total on SF, Gore suited up 148 times (just two less than Steve Young) and rushed for 11,073 yards.

Edited by adamq
  • Like 7

On 4/3/2022 at 10:56 AM, adamq said:

Frank will retire as 3rd in all time rushing yards at exactly 16,000, behind only Walter Payton and Emmitt Smith. 

4th all time in yards from scrimmage, behind Jerry Rice, Smith, and Payton.

Gore joined the 49ers just as the rollin' with Nolan era began.. from the deepest depths he was one of the few to lead the team to 3 straight NFCCG and a SB appearance.. and we all know that would have been a SB win if they had given Frank a chance.

10 years total on SF, Gore suited up 148 times (just two less than Steve Young) and rushed for 11,073 yards.

Yes Sir! Gore coming home where he belongs, number 21 will be immortalized.

Edited by 9erFreak77
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Saw another article mentioning how long until he’s hired into our front office (in some capacity). Start him off as a area scout possibly? I don’t know where exactly he would like to start, but I know Jed asked for his opinion on Lance. It’ll be interesting, that’s for sure. 

2 hours ago, StevenK said:

Saw another article mentioning how long until he’s hired into our front office (in some capacity). Start him off as a area scout possibly? I don’t know where exactly he would like to start, but I know Jed asked for his opinion on Lance. It’ll be interesting, that’s for sure. 

I would absolutely love for him to be part of our organization in some capacity….let’s make it happen 9ers!.

• Like 1

I think my favorite run all time of his is from 2006 against the Lions. Unremarkable matchup between two cellar-dweller squads, but in that game not long after the first quarter Gore ran for a 60 yard TD. That was back when he had decent speed. Just unfortunate he had to spend so many years playing for a 49ers organization that was doo doo. Would have loved to have seen him in utilized by Walsh or Mike Shanahan with surrounding talent. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I think my favorite run all time of his is from 2006 against the Lions. Unremarkable matchup between two cellar-dweller squads, but in that game not long after the first quarter Gore ran for a 60 yard TD. That was back when he had decent speed. Just unfortunate he had to spend so many years playing for a 49ers organization that was doo doo. Would have loved to have seen him in utilized by Walsh or Mike Shanahan with surrounding talent. 

I think my favorite was the one against the Seahawks where his helmet got ripped off and he kept going and then tried to take on the entire defense by himself after the play.

• Like 1

One of my all time favorite athletes, not just football players. Frankie G gave us so many great memories, just wish we could have won a SB during the Harbaugh era to cap off a great career with the franchise. 

Enjoy retirement and will be looking forward to you joining the team in any capacity! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The people who say Frank was never the top back in the league, I'd like to remind them how bad the teams he played for were. Who's to say he wouldn't have run for 2000 yards in his prime on a half-way decent offense... so while he was never the top back statistically, he was always a top 5, whereas the other 4 would come and go, and he was probably the most complete back out of all of them. He just never had the opportunities to shine the others had, and still performed at a high level. Honestly, to the people who complain he was a compiler, getting the 16k yards, I'd like to say he should be a hall of famer on his first ten years alone. The rest is just him being a lover of the game of football, an ultra motivated athlete and a phenomenon. I don't know why it's reporters who vote for the hall of fame. His teammates, coaches and opponents will all vouch for him.

• Like 4