Trey Lance's realistic 2022 season stat prediction thread

49erurtaza

25 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Check his total yards in the two games he started and then take into consideration the natural progression made from year one to year two. I think some of these predictions are a bit more pessimistic if anything. 

I think Trey might make a few more mistakes than people expect, just because he only threw one interception in college. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if he threw 15 INTs and lost 5 fumbles. This is just not a level of competition he ever faced. But I also think Kyle will try to minimize the opportunities to make those mistakes. If things go well, he'll take the ball out of his hands as much as possible. Well, kinda like he did with Jimmy. So, the bulk stats might be similar, because that's generally the bare minimum a QB has to do to be relatively successful. But Trey will get those stats in different ways than Jimmy did. If we averaged 10 possessions a game in the last few years, I'm sure the goal is to average a similar number of possesssions again this year. And there are only so many yards you can get from that amount of possessions. But if the goal is to be explosive, have shorter possessions, and average 14 possessions a game, then the bulk stats will blow up. But in year 1 of Trey, I don't expect that. Slow down the game, run the ball, control the clock. Which also has the advantage of reducing the amount of possessions the other team has, which helps the defense. So I figure that's going to be the plan, in order to get to the playoffs with Trey.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I think Trey might make a few more mistakes than people expect, just because he only threw one interception in college. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if he threw 15 INTs and lost 5 fumbles. This is just not a level of competition he ever faced. But I also think Kyle will try to minimize the opportunities to make those mistakes. If things go well, he'll take the ball out of his hands as much as possible. Well, kinda like he did with Jimmy. So, the bulk stats might be similar, because that's generally the bare minimum a QB has to do to be relatively successful. But Trey will get those stats in different ways than Jimmy did. If we averaged 10 possessions a game in the last few years, I'm sure the goal is to average a similar number of possesssions again this year. And there are only so many yards you can get from that amount of possessions. But if the goal is to be explosive, have shorter possessions, and average 14 possessions a game, then the bulk stats will blow up. But in year 1 of Trey, I don't expect that. Slow down the game, run the ball, control the clock. Which also has the advantage of reducing the amount of possessions the other team has, which helps the defense. So I figure that's going to be the plan, in order to get to the playoffs with Trey.

Haha your kind of echoing my prediction…..i also took in consideration of that 17th game and my passing yards average is just over 240 a game which is not out of the realm of possibility.

11 hours ago, straighthate said:

Joking. No way Jimmy’s back and starting. Right?

Like 2% imo. 

There are certainly worlds where Trey gets hurt.  Just based on his play last year, I don't think there's a real shot that Trey goes in and bombs OTAs and camp and Kyle decides not to move on from Jimmy. I'll leave it open as a very, very remote possibility, I suppose...but I don't think it's real. 

I expect JImmy to be cut around or after training camp. Wouldn't be shocked if they kept him through all of pre-season and cut him before week 1.