2022 NFL Draft thread: Visits, rumours, trades

Trentwannabe

3 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

I think its more because teams thoughts on Gordon rather than a big issue with McDuffie. Both Gordon and Elam seem to be a hot name this morning as someome who can be drafted earlier than expected.

I am curious on how this is playing out are these rumors just to dominate the sports talk also is it brought up more and more because of the states legally allowed to bet on drafts now. Just seems like a lot of buzz every hour about something new and making you guess in hopes of putting a bet on someone.

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I am curious on how this is playing out are these rumors just to dominate the sports talk also is it brought up more and more because of the states legally allowed to bet on drafts now. Just seems like a lot of buzz every hour about something new and making you guess in hopes of putting a bet on someone.

I think noise just starts up and gets louder right before the draft. All offseason you are looking at bigboards from draft "experts" but right before the draft you start to get noise from the actual teams views on players. Like Payton Turner last year. Most considered him a 2nd round pick all of last year but right before the draft rumors came out that teams see him as a late first. And sure enough Saints picked him at 28th overall.

Since when are teams able to add a tag on UFA guys? I saw that the Chiefs put one on Ingram and I believe the ravens did too? How do they figure out the cost of it also. Seems like a new rule to me and I honestly wouldnt hate the idea of putting it on Hughes if its not to late.