2022 NFL Draft thread: Visits, rumours, trades

Trentwannabe

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think Poyer is gone after this year regardless. He can still cash out in free agency with another all pro year beside Hyde. I think McDermott will want to get his potential replacement in the locker room sooner than later. Could be Johnson or Hamlin. 

I dont know how you can say he is gone after this year. I mean he is a top 5 safety in the league regardless of age he is still playing at a high level. If you can get him at a reasonable price I say do it to keep him and hyde together if they both are succeeding they way they have since coming here. Its not like he is seeking top end money but the interesting thing is he signed with drew rosenhaus today so clearly a new deal is going to be looked at whether it is with or without the bills. 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

I dont know how you can say he is gone after this year. I mean he is a top 5 safety in the league regardless of age he is still playing at a high level. If you can get him at a reasonable price I say do it to keep him and hyde together if they both are succeeding they way they have since coming here. Its not like he is seeking top end money but the interesting thing is he signed with drew rosenhaus today so clearly a new deal is going to be looked at whether it is with or without the bills. 

Yea I wouldnt assume any of core guys will chose to leave. Poyer got paid already, if hes chasing a ring, not gonna find a better spot then here 

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Yea I wouldnt assume any of core guys will chose to leave. Poyer got paid already, if hes chasing a ring, not gonna find a better spot then here 

I dont know if you can consider Poyer getting paid as he has only received 27 mil over 5 years with the bills. Yes its a lot but its not "got paid" money as he has definitely out performed his pay check in my opinion, one of the few players that actually do. I also think he is just seeking a long term deal not seeking top money. Hopefully he can be locked in for a year or 2 at a reasonable price tag as I dont see him losing a step yet.

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Can’t keep everybody. Bills are going to have to make some tough decisions.

Dawson Knox
Tremaine Edmunds 
Jordan Poyer 

All free agents next year. Not to mention Rodger Saffold could be one and done potentially creating a hole at Guard. The Bills will likely look to fill those holes this year in the draft and let the veteran move on if their price tag is too high. 

Out of that list id personally let Edmunds walk but Beane may not be inclined to play a S turning 32 that year. 

34 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Dawson Knox
Tremaine Edmunds 
Jordan Poyer 

All free agents next year. Not to mention Rodger Saffold could be one and done potentially creating a hole at Guard. The Bills will likely look to fill those holes this year in the draft and let the veteran move on if their price tag is too high. 

Out of that list id personally let Edmunds walk but Beane may not be inclined to play a S turning 32 that year. 

I think itll depend on what Edmunds wants. I dont see anyway we can pay him Darius Leonard type LB money.

I've been mocking us a LB in round 1 or 2 for a while now

9 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I think itll depend on what Edmunds wants. I dont see anyway we can pay him Darius Leonard type LB money.

I've been mocking us a LB in round 1 or 2 for a while now

Bills have been doing some work on LB. Certainly wouldn’t hate it on day 2.

13 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Dawson Knox
Tremaine Edmunds 
Jordan Poyer 

When it comes down to it we will always have holes that need filling that is the problem of having a good team. While Edmunds is younger Poyer has proven to be a top 5 safety in the league. Realistically though Jordan wont cost what edmunds is likely seeking. You also have to look at their value of being moved if we arent looking to pay these guys we need to start thinking what we can get out of them. A young MLB in Edmunds is a more attractive trade bait then a 32 year old safety. One team that could be of interest is Detroit they are a young team and will need help with multiple positions trading edmunds for that 34th pick wouldnt be a bad option. Not sure who else would be of interest. To me poyer/hyde have been been the catalyst of the defense and as important as it was paying diggs you have to look at extending him at least 1 more year and having him and hyde walk off together after 2023 season.

Dawson Knox proves 1 year isnt a fluke I can also see Beane paying him but his cost isnt going to be top tier TE money I think he is on the level of Darren Waller type 4 years 30 mil 

30 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Derek Stingley pro day was bonkers..

4.37 40 

38.5 Vertical 

10.2' Broad 

🤨

Yea he isnt making it out of top 10 even with the injury it proves he is healthy. He may go ahead of sauce but I expect both to be gone in top 5 latest top 8. I like both guys dont see beane pulling the trigger in moving up but if he did these guys would be the answer.

What is amazing are the media mocks, I feel ever since Beane stepped in no one can peg what he is going to do. Every mock I have seen recently has not only a different player but at a different position. It seems like no one has an idea of where beane is going to go at 25.