2022 NFL Draft thread: Visits, rumours, trades

Trentwannabe

I'm torn on Buffalo drafting a RB in the 1st. I mean if someone like Jameson Williams or Tre Burks is there and we take Hall or Spiller I think I would be a little upset. That being said. I would love us to go RB in round 3-4 I think James Cook is someone to keep an eye on, I read he's the best pass catching back in the league and with us going for McKissic, I can see Buffalo wanting to grab a 3rd down type RB like Cook. Or even Kyren Williams, early reports said that he is the best pass blocking RB in the draft which I think holds a lot of value in this NFL. 

27 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

I'm torn on Buffalo drafting a RB in the 1st. I mean if someone like Jameson Williams or Tre Burks is there and we take Hall or Spiller I think I would be a little upset. That being said. I would love us to go RB in round 3-4 I think James Cook is someone to keep an eye on, I read he's the best pass catching back in the league and with us going for McKissic, I can see Buffalo wanting to grab a 3rd down type RB like Cook. Or even Kyren Williams, early reports said that he is the best pass blocking RB in the draft which I think holds a lot of value in this NFL. 

Their not a RB in the class with a 1st round grade. I oppose going RB at 25. 

Breece Hall may not make it to our 2nd round pick but guys like Isaiah Spiller and James Cook will without a doubt.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

The expectations are 5 WR will be gone by pick 20 along with the 4 CBs. While it is not ideal to go Rb Hall has been a game changer in the receiving game and is fast along with being 6 ft 220 lbs. If the bills are stuck in the situation in which those 9 players are off the board I am all for seeing if a team like cincy or detroit are looking to move up to move down, pick up a 3rd rd pick and take hall at the spot. I do not see spiller close to being a 1st rd pick and think he would be an option in rd 2-3. I have Cook as my #2 and all for going after him day 2 if hall is off the board. With the talks of beane liking Etienne last year this is a move that to me is similar with Hall. If in fact it were true I wouldnt be surprised beane goes hall. It is not only a compliment to Singletary this year but also the long term answer at RB since Singletary will be a FA next year. It gives Allen a playmaker for this year and fills a hole long term on the cheap. Its not the top choice but it is definitely not a bad move if it comes down to it. I would rather take the best RB in the draft then reach for the 6th wr or the 5th cb. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Zack Moss seems like he could be traded on draft weekend.

I think it has to be done, he hasnt brought anything to the table to separate himself from Singletary. Having 2 guys with similar style isnt always the best thing, got to move him for whatever they can get, I assume it will be during camp and it will be a 2023 draft pick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommy_C said:

Spiller is a round 2/3 target.

Hall I think is an option at 25 but I think they go defense, unless a WR they love falls. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

I’m still holding out hope that Booth Jr falls to 25 because of his injury. 

With Sauce and stingley likely gone in the top 12, that leaves Booth and Mcduffie. With the Texans (even just adding nelson), Ravens, Eagles, Patriots, Packers, Cardinals, are all teams that have CB as one of their top needs. Its going to be close and tough to see Booth fall to 25. 

16 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

With Sauce and stingley likely gone in the top 12, that leaves Booth and Mcduffie. With the Texans (even just adding nelson), Ravens, Eagles, Patriots, Packers, Cardinals, are all teams that have CB as one of their top needs. Its going to be close and tough to see Booth fall to 25. 

The nice thing about those teams is they also need WRs and most of them need DL too. 

Im just waiting for the big shocker of the night to throw everything for a loop lol

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

The expectations are 5 WR will be gone by pick 20 along with the 4 CBs. While it is not ideal to go Rb Hall has been a game changer in the receiving game and is fast along with being 6 ft 220 lbs. If the bills are stuck in the situation in which those 9 players are off the board I am all for seeing if a team like cincy or detroit are looking to move up to move down, pick up a 3rd rd pick and take hall at the spot. I do not see spiller close to being a 1st rd pick and think he would be an option in rd 2-3. I have Cook as my #2 and all for going after him day 2 if hall is off the board. With the talks of beane liking Etienne last year this is a move that to me is similar with Hall. If in fact it were true I wouldnt be surprised beane goes hall. It is not only a compliment to Singletary this year but also the long term answer at RB since Singletary will be a FA next year. It gives Allen a playmaker for this year and fills a hole long term on the cheap. Its not the top choice but it is definitely not a bad move if it comes down to it. I would rather take the best RB in the draft then reach for the 6th wr or the 5th cb. 

I dont understand why you keep saying 5 WR or 4 CB will be gone? Their are 7 WR with 1st round grades. 

Are you saying Skyy Moore and Jahan Dotson are reaches at 25 ? They both have late 1st/early 2nd grades. Some mocks have Dotson going in the teens lol.

Do you think Roger McCreary, Kyler Gordon, Kair Elam are also reaches? Elam and Gordon have been mocked in the 1st quite often from what I'm reading. 

I'm not being a prick, I'm trying to understand either where your getting the info or the reasoning behind that statement. I think were in trouble if we dont take a CB in rounds 1 or 2. Tre White may not be ready and we lost Levi Wallace. Now we might sign a guy but I wouldnt want to wait and miss on the top 7 or 8 if we need some early season starts 

I think Jahan Dotson is is great fit as a WR3 going into the season. He projects as a guy who can start in the slot ala Cole Beasley 

I take Dotson over Chris Olave every day of the week and twice on Sundays tbh

Edited by BillsGuy82

49 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I dont understand why you keep saying 5 WR or 4 CB will be gone? Their are 7 WR with 1st round grades. 

Are you saying Skyy Moore and Jahan Dotson are reaches at 25 ? They both have late 1st/early 2nd grades. Some mocks have Dotson going in the teens lol.

Do you think Roger McCreary, Kyler Gordon, Kair Elam are also reaches? Elam and Gordon have been mocked in the 1st quite often from what I'm reading. 

I'm not being a prick, I'm trying to understand either where your getting the info or the reasoning behind that statement. I think were in trouble if we dont take a CB in rounds 1 or 2. Tre White may not be ready and we lost Levi Wallace. Now we might sign a guy but I wouldnt want to wait and miss on the top 7 or 8 if we need some early season starts 

Yes I do not see Skyy moore and Jahan Dotson the same tier as the top 5, not to mention the need at wr right now is no longer as high as it once was with the signings of Howard, Crowder, and Mckenzie returning. The only scenario I see of taking a wr if one of the top 5 falls and I do not see it happening, things can be different come draft night but in no way do I see moore and dotson on the same level as Williams or London. See them more on the 2nd tier of wr which has 5-6 other WR at that level who could be available at 57 if they choose to take a wr early on.

As for the CBs yes there is a drop off and its about tier 2-3 Stingley, Sauce and booth are someone who I can view as a #1 corner on a lot of teams, the good thing is if the bills landed one that would be great as they would have 2 top tier corners on the team with parring next to White. My biggest knock on Mccreary is size having him across from tre both under 6 feet and short wingspan can get worked by taller wr. I like Elam a lot but he is 50/50 with his over pursuing the ball or wr leading to either getting beat or causing a penalty. 

Its not that I would hate bringing in one of the outside top 4 corners at 25 its just that they have a chance of landing one in the 2nd rd that is on the same level as these guys while landing someone at a different position at pick 25. The issue is where we are picking and the top need is also top needs for several other teams that are ahead of them. If Beane is wanting one he should either trade up and give up draft capital to get the guy or he stays put takes BPA at 25, or he trades down collects picks and goes for a CB outside of the top 4.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yes I do not see Skyy moore and Jahan Dotson the same tier as the top 5, not to mention the need at wr right now is no longer as high as it once was with the signings of Howard, Crowder, and Mckenzie returning. The only scenario I see of taking a wr if one of the top 5 falls and I do not see it happening, things can be different come draft night but in no way do I see moore and dotson on the same level as Williams or London. See them more on the 2nd tier of wr which has 5-6 other WR at that level who could be available at 57 if they choose to take a wr early on.

As for the CBs yes there is a drop off and its about tier 2-3 Stingley, Sauce and booth are someone who I can view as a #1 corner on a lot of teams, the good thing is if the bills landed one that would be great as they would have 2 top tier corners on the team with parring next to White. My biggest knock on Mccreary is size having him across from tre both under 6 feet and short wingspan can get worked by taller wr. I like Elam a lot but he is 50/50 with his over pursuing the ball or wr leading to either getting beat or causing a penalty. 

Its not that I would hate bringing in one of the outside top 4 corners at 25 its just that they have a chance of landing one in the 2nd rd that is on the same level as these guys while landing someone at a different position at pick 25. The issue is where we are picking and the top need is also top needs for several other teams that are ahead of them. If Beane is wanting one he should either trade up and give up draft capital to get the guy or he stays put takes BPA at 25, or he trades down collects picks and goes for a CB outside of the top 4.

I am a fan of McCreary. The guy is a beast. I am not a huge fan of Elam because he is a poor tackler. If we draft a WR or CB in the first round they would be in the 40-50's at that position in average salary where if we took a RB in the first round he would likely be in the top 15-20 in average annual salary for his position. I really like the depth of this CB class and I think we can find a starting CB from rounds 2-4. With the way McDermott can coach up CB's I think we can wait until rounds 2-4 to find our guy. And with the way Beane has drafted early in the draft over his tenure we will likely pick an OL or DL at 25 and be a little disappointed that they didn't address more glaring needs in our eyes.

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

If we sit pat in the 2nd, we'll likely miss the second tier of CB. 

As for Dotson, I dont think hes a tier  below, in fact Chris Olave is not in the same tier as Jameson, Burks and Garrett Wilson. Too each there own, I guess.