GM Mock Draft - NYG

ny92mike

12 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Texans are interested in James Bradberry, this is their initial offer.

4-108 for 5-146 + Bradberry

6-205 + conditional 2023 5th for Bradberry

or conditional 2023 4th for Bradberry

Thoughts?

For one, I think we need to be at least at a net 0 in terms of assets if we move Bradberry (for example, if we trade Bradberry (1 asset), we get at least 1 pick back (1 asset). No trades where we give away Bradberry and a pick (2 assets) for a higher pick (1 asset)). That eliminates 1 of those trades. The other 2 don't blow me away. I think other teams are going to be interested in him. Let it be for now and see if that price can be driven higher. A third this year isn't too much of an ask and should be able to be gotten. In this kind of GM mock, I'd rather restructure and extend him anyway than trade him away for less than he's worth.

Latest from the Texans on Bradberry.

Texans are back... ;) 

We are offering 6-189 + conditional 2023 pick for Bradberry

- Bradberry plays 80% of snaps & Texans in playoffs: pick is a 3rd 

- Bradberry plays 79 - 60% of snaps: pick is a 4th (most likely result - Houston's pick)

- Bradberry plays less than 59% of snaps: pick is a 5th (injury protection or pouting insurance)

Bradberry has never played less than 90% of defensive plays, but he does hit 30 this year and that's when CBs start to decline / breakdown.

So in essence, that's a high 6th this year plus probably a high 4th next year = low 3rd round value.

Being a single season mock I typically stay away from future picks, but in this case I could see the Giants doing something like this to free up salary cap. 

I'll let you guys make the call on this.

Also, I'm putting together a trade block for the team below, let me know if I need to add or remove any names.

• Saquon Barkley
  • James Bradberry

On 4/5/2022 at 9:27 AM, Acgott said:

I agree with MM.

That #7 pick should be on the block for a first next year.

Hey Mike,

I am the Co-GM of the Los Angeles Chargers and I am inquiring what it would take to get to pick #7 from pick #17?

Are you guys interested in Linebacker(s) Kenneth Murray or Drue Tranquill? We are trying to have a deal in place in case the one player we target falls.

Greetings.

Patriots GM here.

We have interest in Aaron Robinson, which brought me here to see how your forum feels about moving him.

but seeing your offer for Bradberry…

I think I want in on that front.

EDIT- can NOT afford that cap hit lol

Let me know what you guys are thinking on Robinson… thanks

I would offer pick 6.210

Edited by DaPatsKid98
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Greetings.

Patriots GM here.

We have interest in Aaron Robinson, which brought me here to see how your forum feels about moving him.

I would offer pick 6.210

Bradberry's cap hit could easily be mitigated this year if you have plans on extending him (which you should, if you want him for more than this year). His cap hit would be significantly lowered this year with a new deal.

Why would we trade a promising, young, scheme-fit CB who we just spent the 71st overall pick on last year for pick 210?

59 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Hey Mike,

I am the Co-GM of the Los Angeles Chargers and I am inquiring what it would take to get to pick #7 from pick #17?

Are you guys interested in Linebacker(s) Kenneth Murray or Drue Tranquill? We are trying to have a deal in place in case the one player we target falls.

Any trade for 5 or 7 ideally involves 2023 draft capital, and ideally that includes a first.

1 hour ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Greetings.

Patriots GM here.

I would offer pick 6.210

I would much rather deal Bradberry to the Patriots than to the Texans (poor guy did nothing to deserve that 😆). What's your offer?

Aaron Robinson is only in his 2nd year. I agree with MM that it's too soon to let him go. Let's see what Wink can do with him first.

Patriots can free up $14mill off of 3 restructures alone, but I’m not sure if I wanna dump all that freed up cash on one guy in Bradberry.

We are hard pressed for a corner, though.

Understandable on Robinson. I liked him coming out of college, he should get a lot of run this upcoming season. I was just trying to buy low 😆

With that said… it’s feasible to get him(JB) on my roster but it’ll strap me down and limit the rest of the moves I could make outside of draft picks.

I would ask for a late pick back, but you guys are already gonna be eating $9M in dead money… I think that’s more than fair

I would be willing to go 5.170 for Bradberry.

Edited by DaPatsKid98
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Sorry guys not going to be available today to make picks can one of you guys fill in?

45 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The team is OTC right now too. Neal, Hutch, Hamilton, Thibs off the board. 

I mean, it should be obvious to everyone here who we want right? Since @Acgott is the only other person really participating here, unless I hear otherwise from him, I'm going to submit the pick for Ickey soon.

• Like 1