MOVING BACK FROM #2 (via PFF simulator)

Karnage84

Saints trade

#16, #19, #49, 2023 3rd, 2024 1st (2959 points) for #2 overall (2600) = 13% premium

I feel like the Saints made that trade with the Eagles in order to acquire the draft capital to move up and select their QBOTF in the top 5 ahead of Carolina. The smoke says that it should be Willis but it could also wind up being Pickett. 

#16 - Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama: Arguably WR1 until he hurt his ACL. He's the BPA here, fills a major need and the Lions can afford to let him sit and heal properly as we are still a team that is developing. He's a true deep threat and a playmaker. 

#19 - Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia: The Lions have a major hole at LB. Dean is a bit smaller but he fits the skillset of the modern LB and he's going to fill the role of a 3 down LB and leader in the front 7. 

#32 - Jalen Pitre, CB, Baylor: With most defenses playing in nickel and dime packages more than half of the time, Pitre comes in to start in the slot. He also has the flexibility to play outside and deep. 

#34 - Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State: With the re-signing of Walker, Brisker comes in as Will Harris' direct replacement. He can play single high and in split or down in the box. Combining his versatility with Pitre and Walker, it'll be much more difficult for teams to predict our alignments

#49 - Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State: His blend of size, speed, strength is very rare. He'll likely need some time to develop coming out of NDSU but he should be a dynamic weapon once he has figured things out at the NFL level. 

#66 - Brandon Smith, LB, Penn State: A big-bodied, toolsy LB that excels in coverage, Smith has a chance to develop into being a 3 down LB to pair with Dean. We severely need talent and depth at the LB position, especially in coverage

#97 - Luke Goedeke, OL, Central Michigan: Likely will slide inside and play guard in the NFL. Excellent run blocker with positional versatility (nearly 1800 snaps at RT). We have pieces on the OL but can afford to add depth and talent while getting younger in the position group

Trade pick 138 to Houston for 2023 5th, 2023 7th, 2024 7th

#177 - Eyioma Uwazurike, DL, Iowa State: A big dude at 6'6, 320 with a lot of positional versatility playing all over the Cyclones defense. Above average grades as a run defender and pass-rusher (78.4 and 74.1 respectively)

#181 - Markquese Bell, S, Florida A&M: A toolsy box safety that will be expected to play a strong role on special teams to start. There's flashes of small school guys like Jeremy Chinn and Kyle Dugger, who have been much better pros than college players. 

#183 - Connor Heyward, FB, Michigan State: The Lions seemed to love Heyward from what it appears at the SB. He's likely headed for the practice squad but has a chance to develop into the FB/H-Back of the future. Cabinda did re-sign on a 2 year deal but they could move on after 1 year if Heyward develops

#217 - EJ Perry, QB, Brown: Perry was the MVP of the East-West Shrine Bowl, throwing for 214 yards and 3 TD's. He offers prototypical size (6'2, 210) with a decent arm. It's safe to assume he's also intelligent coming from an Ivy League school. He'll be given a chance to compete for a back-up role against the likes of Boyle and Blough. 

#234 - Lucas Krull, TE, Pittsburgh: Krull has great size (6'6, 258 lbs) and athleticism (4.54), however his production is lacking. Could develop into a decent TE2. 

• Like 2

Future Draft Picks (After Trades), not including Comp Picks

2023 (12 Picks)

• Round 1 - Lions, Rams
  • Round 2 - Lions
  • Round 3 - Lions, Saints
  • Round 4 - Lions
  • Round 5 - Lions, Texans
  • Round 6 - Lions, Broncos
  • Round 7 - Packers (via Rams), Texans

2024 (10 Picks)

• Round 1 - Lions, Saints
  • Round 2 - Lions
  • Round 3 - Lions
  • Round 4 - Lions
  • Round 5 - Lions
  • Round 6 - Lions, Broncos
  • Round 7 - Lions, Saints

Love the trade and the players.  Uwazurike is one I have had my eye on for a while.  He has great pass rush skills for a big man and can play end in a 3-4 or DT in a 4-3.  He could even play end in a 4-3 if needed.  I would like an edge like Ebikete instead of Brisker or Pitre (both of them are pretty much S's, even though Pitre is listed as a CB) but not mad if it went this way.  

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Love the trade and the players.  Uwazurike is one I have had my eye on for a while.  He has great pass rush skills for a big man and can play end in a 3-4 or DT in a 4-3.  He could even play end in a 4-3 if needed.  I would like an edge like Ebikete instead of Brisker or Pitre (both of them are pretty much S's, even though Pitre is listed as a CB) but not mad if it went this way.  

I'm looking at it as Pitre being our core slot guy while Brisker can come in and play split with Tracy or come down in the box. Will Harris would be relegated to being a key backup with a lot of versatility. 

16 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm looking at it as Pitre being our core slot guy while Brisker can come in and play split with Tracy or come down in the box. Will Harris would be relegated to being a key backup with a lot of versatility. 

I like Bell a ton too who you grabbed later so I would be ok with one of the two and Bell while adding an edge body.  I am not trusting Okwara, either of them, and just want more talent with potential there.  Like I said I wouldn't be mad with your scenario, just would have done it a little different. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I like Bell a ton too who you grabbed later so I would be ok with one of the two and Bell while adding an edge body.  I am not trusting Okwara, either of them, and just want more talent with potential there.  Like I said I wouldn't be mad with your scenario, just would have done it a little different. 

I like Bell a ton too but give him time acclimate to the NFL game. Can move on from Harris in a year if Bell develops properly. 

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I like Bell a ton too but give him time acclimate to the NFL game. Can move on from Harris in a year if Bell develops properly. 

I think Bell goes in the first three rounds and probably starts right away.  If he was not at a HCBU he would be a top 2 round pick IMO.