Bills and Diggs agree to 4 year extension

Tommy_C

Finally, been saying it needed to get done then all this nonsense of is he happy or not. He has the money and he has the team he wants to be with no drama. Less than hill and Adams which is low key solid move by Beane as I thought it would be like 80-90 mil in guarantees. Now lets get that corner

• Like 2

Diggs and Allen will be the soul of this team. No questions about that.

Two more years of a cheap Davis next to him but he could be seeking $18-20mil a year next off season if he breaks out like most expect.

Im still on the draft a WR early campaign. Watson in round 2 would be great. 

14 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Two more years of a cheap Davis next to him but he could be seeking $18-20mil a year next off season if he breaks out like most expect.

Yeah if Davis explodes i think we have no choice but to trade him

14 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I just dont see davis having leverage as bills can have him technically for 3 seasons at a reasonable price with the franchise tag. If he balls out it could also mean a future 1st rd pick to be traded. I like davis but he is more expendable then diggs is. Diggs is the guy who got Allen over the hump and if you look at Allen's completion %, yards etc it took a huge step from 2019 to 2020 and diggs was a big part of it. If davis breaks out this year it is because diggs is being doubled, and I am good with that. Wr is definitely something I want to see happen in the draft no matter what as we still only have 4 wr on the roster, while kumerow and stevenson are more of ST players they arent a lock for this offense and we can definitely use some depth as I do not really want to count on them having to start if diggs or davis go down with injury.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I just dont see davis having leverage as bills can have him technically for 3 seasons at a reasonable price with the franchise tag. If he balls out it could also mean a future 1st rd pick to be traded. I like davis but he is more expendable then diggs is. Diggs is the guy who got Allen over the hump and if you look at Allen's completion %, yards etc it took a huge step from 2019 to 2020 and diggs was a big part of it. If davis breaks out this year it is because diggs is being doubled, and I am good with that. Wr is definitely something I want to see happen in the draft no matter what as we still only have 4 wr on the roster, while kumerow and stevenson are more of ST players they arent a lock for this offense and we can definitely use some depth as I do not really want to count on them having to start if diggs or davis go down with injury.

I agree with all of this. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with Davis. I think he sees 100 targets this season. No doubt his record playoff game was a direct factor of the coverage Diggs saw. 

I want to stay flush at the position and the value of productive WR on rookie deal may be the best value in the league outside of QB and DE.

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I agree with all of this. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with Davis. I think he sees 100 targets this season. No doubt his record playoff game was a direct factor of the coverage Diggs saw. 

I want to stay flush at the position and the value of productive WR on rookie deal may be the best value in the league outside of QB and DE.

Watson Mechie and Austin are my top 3 choices from round 2 and later. I also am intrigued by Jalen Tolbert coming from a small school with good size and speed he could be something to develop by the time davis moves on. 

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Watson picking up alot of steam. I'd love him in round 2.

What did we save this year with the extension?

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Watson picking up alot of steam. I'd love him in round 2.

What did we save this year with the extension?

Haven’t seen the official numbers yet but it was probably a big chunk off this years cap number. 

If we sign Gilmore or Hayden the would literally go into the draft with no starting position needed. At least on paper. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Haven’t seen the official numbers yet but it was probably a big chunk off this years cap number. 

If we sign Gilmore or Hayden the would literally go into the draft with no starting position needed. At least on paper. 

Gilmore's wife apparently said no to Buffalo. 

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

Gilmore's wife apparently said no to Buffalo. 

She also walked back on that not too long ago. I do doubt it happens though.

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

Patrick Peterson would make sense 

Bills were in on him but he re-signed with the Vikings.