Colts Release CB Vontae Davis ... Opts for season-ending surgery

bucsfan333

Ballard said the other day that Davis was cleared by doctors weeks ago. He was only left out of practice on Thursdays for rest and practiced fully everyday otherwise. Then he was benched for the Houston game and when asked, Pagano repeatedly responded ‘Coaches Decision’ 

Davis claims the groin is still bothering him and went for a second opinion. I’m not sure whether the team was aware of this before it happened or not.

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

He's also not the brightest guy.

As long as he can backpedal and get out of breaks with his groin/hip and knows the difference between man, cover 2/3/4 then I don't know too many people that will care.

Just now, MWil23 said:

As long as he can backpedal and get out of breaks with his groin/hip and knows the difference between man, cover 2/3/4 then I don't know too many people that will care.

If it was only that simple, I'd agree. There's a bit more to it than that.

Wonder if the Colts will kick the tires on Darrelle Revis - I guess they have a miniscule shot at the division (like the Texans - it would take a lot of breaks and good fortune to get there) but losing your #1 along with your top S is going to expose your secondary.

I'm sure Revis would take any offer right about now...

5 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Colts medical facility must be a disaster. Seems like a lot of misdiagnosis going on there, between Davis and Luck. The product of Irsay.

Luck’s injury was never misdiagnosed. They (meaning Luck, the doctors and the Colts) decided against surgery after 2015 and rest the shoulder. After 2016 they realized that didn’t work and had the surgery. He was cleared to start throwing and was throwing for 2 weeks before he started experiencing soreness. 

In Davis’ case I don’t think you can call it a misdiagnosis so much as the team cleared him of his injury and wanted to trade him but didn’t get any credible offers. He probably expected to be gone and had checked out so playing injured wasn’t an option so he sought out a doctor who would substantiate his claim.

what would have been interesting is if Davis was traded and failed the physical. 

Hope the Cowboys take a look. Lewis has a very bright future, but after that:

-Awuzie hasn't showed he can stay healthy at all this early in his career

-Scandrick is old

-Brown rapidly leaped into a legit starting corner his rookie season but this year he's taken about 2 or 3 steps back

Archived