Bucs sign S Keanu Neal

bucsfan333

7 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I think Neal is a good signing but i don't like pigeon holing ourselves into a DL pick. If Wyatt and Davis are gone I would rather trade back than draft Hall or Jones at 27

Agreed but I feel that there will be one of the top DLs to drop depending on how the draft plays out at the top with Qbs and O lineman.  

14 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I think Neal is a good signing but i don't like pigeon holing ourselves into a DL pick. If Wyatt and Davis are gone I would rather trade back than draft Hall or Jones at 27

We won't. That's not the way Licht operates. If we stay at #27, we're taking the BPA on our board, or trading out of the pick. 

If we're hell bent on getting a 1st round DT, I doubt we stay at #27. Probably look to move up like we did for Wirfs. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Schrager has Travis Jones going 29. I don't mind reaching a bit for a need though. As long as they're not a 4th round grade or something. 

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

We won't. That's not the way Licht operates. If we stay at #27, we're taking the BPA on our board, or trading out of the pick. 

If we're hell bent on getting a 1st round DT, I doubt we stay at #27. Probably look to move up like we did for Wirfs. 

and im on board with that. A fourth rounder probably not making the team anyway. Who knows

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Wirfs was tackle 4 in that draft with a gap to the next prospect.  They did have a glaring need because Dotson was not re-signed.  Wirfs had questions whether he would be better at guard.  Kinlaw was viewed just as good as prospect at the time.   So Licht kind of drafted for need in that instance.  By current roster construction, DT or TE look woefully undermanned at the moment.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Wirfs was tackle 4 in that draft with a gap to the next prospect.  They did have a glaring need because Dotson was not re-signed.  Wirfs had questions whether he would be better at guard.  Kinlaw was viewed just as good as prospect at the time.   So Licht kind of drafted for need in that instance.  By current roster construction, DT or TE look woefully undermanned at the moment.

He was drafted as the OT number 4, but pre-draft rankings had him anywhere from 2-4 in terms of the 'big 4' from that class. There was no consensus. 

Agree, though we drafted for need in that instance, but I think Wirfs was still one of, if not the BPA on our board at that point given some of the post-draft comments from Licht. 

Like I said in one of the other threads, I fully expect us to take our BPA within a position of need if we stay at #27 (whether that's WR, DL, OL, CB or TE). I don't see us taking a guy at #27 that we may have valued as a mid 2nd rounder just because of need. If the need is that dire, I think we're moving up or back. 

• Like 1