32 Team Mock Draft (Selected Perrion Winfrey at 49)

KingOfNewYork

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Never have said small QBs aren’t good. So please don’t put words in my mouth that aren’t true. I’ve said big school players are more NFL ready… if that’s what you’re eluding to.

I’m a JD fan but let’s be real. Mims hasn’t lived up to his draft spot. And the sample size from Moore bc of injury is too small to judge. So 2nd round is still suspect for us

You misunderstand. Last year I mentioned something about OSU and Bama not producing any good NFL QB’s. This was, among other reasons, why I liked Wilson vs Fields. You said the school does not have anything to do with whether a QB will be good or not. I bring this up only as an argument against why we should keep our 2 SRP’s.

I’m still baffled over Mims.  I really just wish the Jets would let us know why he can’t see the field instead of the all the coach speak. 

24 minutes ago, xrade said:

You misunderstand. Last year I mentioned something about OSU and Bama not producing any good NFL QB’s. This was, among other reasons, why I liked Wilson vs Fields. You said the school does not have anything to do with whether a QB will be good or not. I bring this up only as an argument against why we should keep our 2 SRP’s.

I’m still baffled over Mims.  I really just wish the Jets would let us know why he can’t see the field instead of the all the coach speak. 

I still stand by that Fields was/is more NFL ready than Wilson is/was. Doesn’t mean that he will be better though. Just means his college career prepared him more for the NFL.

In real life let’s say you have an engineering degree from Stanford and I have an engineering degree from Syracuse. You’re more prepared as a engineer than I am. But that doesn’t mean you’ll be the better engineer. You were just set up with a better situation than me.

Point being where a guy went to school doesn’t Decide how good they will actual be. But some schools prepare players for the nfl more than other schools. Prepare doesn’t equal success. But the risk factor is less with a player that’s played close to nfl talent than a guy that’s barely played any. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

With the 49th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft

The New York Jets select

DT Perrin Winfrey 0391

6'4 310

Winfrey.jpg

We continue to build up our trenches with our next selection. We had a first hand look at just how explosive and relentless Winfrey is at the Senior Bowl and pairing him with Quinnen Williams, John Franklin-Myers, Solomon Thomas and Sheldon Rankins in the middle of our defense was too good to pass up. The rotation these 5 men along with Nathan Shephard and Jonathan Marshall will create is going to be hell for opposing offensive lines to deal with. The fastest way to the QB is up the middle and we have the horses to do it every single snap. Welcome to New York. 

All Gas, No Brake

• Like 1

Top 3 on my board for a while was McBride, Dean and Travis Jones.  they went 36, 45 and 46 respectively. 

Thought about Pitre and Muma but didn't like the hole at DT and knowing we had Winfrey at the Senior Bowl and he won MVP in our scheme I just thought him and QWill with Lawson and KT off the EDGE and the depth behind them has this D-Line set up so well for the future. 

Got 2 4s and 2 5s left

What positions do you guys think I should look into?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Top 3 on my board for a while was McBride, Dean and Travis Jones.  they went 36, 45 and 46 respectively. 

Thought about Pitre and Muma but didn't like the hole at DT and knowing we had Winfrey at the Senior Bowl and he won MVP in our scheme I just thought him and QWill with Lawson and KT off the EDGE and the depth behind them has this D-Line set up so well for the future. 

Got 2 4s and 2 5s left

LB

S

RB

OT

• Like 2

On 4/11/2022 at 5:04 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

Got 2 4s and 2 5s left

LB, S, OL

JoJo Domann - Converted Safety to Linebacker, literally made to play in our defense. Does not wow you with his athleticism or size but he makes plays on the field. 

Zamir White - Tough physical power runner. @dcat pounded the table for him. 

Markquese Bell - Great size and athleticism, can play around the LOS or on the backend. 

Max Borghi - Shifty runner, could be the Berrios of running backs for us. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Final Results

1.4 Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE

1.10 Jameson Williams WR

1.19 Tyler Linderbaum C

2.49 Perrion Winfrey DT

4.111 JoJo Domann LB

4.117 Zamir White RB

5.146 Markquese Bell S

5.163 Max Borghi RB

If this is our draft, I would be a VERY happy Jets fan.  The only difference is that I would have brought in a OT in 4 or 5.  

Edited by dcat