Former Washington QB Dwayne Haskins killed in accident

MikeT14

30 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Thanks guys. Just to let you know, my little man is okay. 

He was at my MIL's place and my mom and his sister were there too. My wife and I were enjoying a day to ourselves while the two grandmas watched them. He was jumping on the sofa and had been told to stop repeatedly and well, he's 3 (turns 4 on the 18th) so you guys with young boys know how that goes. He was between the two grandmas on the sofa and they told him to get down. So he jumped up to land on his butt on the sofa before going to get his sister to play. Instead of hitting the sofa he actually had launched himself a bit too much forward (It was so fast my mom barely got ahold of his ankle) and ended up hitting the coffee table edge with a loud whack. 

Right across his face. He has an abrasion/bruise that runs in a diagonal line from his cheek under his left eye, across the bridge of his nose and then above his right eye. It was so swollen that they couldn't tell if he broke any bones. Definitely a concussion but they weren't worried about a skull fracture because he never lost consciousness or was vomiting (two key indicators) and had been acting normally after (he barely cried according to my mom). So they ordered the CT and then I had to watch him just to be sure he was okay.

So now he also has two black eyes to go along with the long line on his face.

So scary. Sounds awful but I’m glad it wasn’t worse.

• Like 2

Interesting....

Apparently suicide has been mentioned as a possibility. Honestly, I never even considered that myself.

Don't know if the "ran out of gas" is true.

But apparently, his vehicle wasn't very visible, where he left it. (Rental)

I don't know. Just what I'm reading on other sites. 

We'll have to wait for the toxicology report, among other facts of the case.

10 hours ago, FosterTheSkins said:

Very sad to hear about Dwayne's passing.  RIP.

Hey Foster, are you a Bears fan now? Not criticizing, just wondering due to the avatar. And honestly, this was the time to get out if you were going to do it. Those of us that stuck around are gluttons for punishment. I applaud the fans that got out lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Hey Foster, are you a Bears fan now? Not criticizing, just wondering due to the avatar. And honestly, this was the time to get out if you were going to do it. Those of us that stuck around are gluttons for punishment. I applaud the fans that got out lol

Yeah, I love The Redskins.  That was my team and if they still exsisted I would still be cheering for them.  When we lost the name I was done.  I watched The Redskins growing up as a kid.  I went to Redskins game with my family and friends.  Whatever this new group calls themselves they're not my team that I've cheered for all my life.

Hopefully Snyder will be gone and Washington can have some sembelance of a real football team.

That being said all of my fellow Redskin fans, in here, made the last couple of years enjoyable and lessen the misery of watching our Burgundy and Gold lose all time.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Some of us were born in the darkness of this teamtom hardy film GIF

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Some of us were born in the darkness of this teamtom hardy film GIF

You don't have to me lol.  I became a fan during the Norv years right when Snyder took over.  I completely missed The Glory Years of Gibbs Mach 1.  I never saw Riggins, The Hogs, The Fun Bunch, The Posse, etc, etc.  I know about those things via theory and word of mouth. :)😂

Edited by FosterTheSkins
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, FosterTheSkins said:

You don't have to me lol.  I became a fan during the Norv years right when Snyder took over.  I completely missed The Glory Years of Gibbs Mach 1.  I never saw Riggins, The Hogs, The Fun Bunch, The Posse, etc, etc.  I know about those things via theory and word of mouth. :)😂

Same here buddy!!! My dad told me when I was born ever since I could think the team was ruined 🤣🤣🤣 judging by the games I’ve gone too I’d say he’s maybe right lol. But I’ve been too some of the few most amazing games as well. I stayed just because all that team ever was to me was crappy. So too me with the Snyder reports and everything I’ve always just prayed for the best thing for this team so I hope that even throughout all the letdaown in recent years that something great can come from it. I guess I’ve came this far I’m willing to ride my life out with whatever happens. True th fully I just enjoy watching our players that care and I scout college and that’s what I love so I stayed. I completely understand and respect your choice because I wanted too. But the only team I could choose is actually good now and too me that wasn’t right. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 9:29 AM, FosterTheSkins said:

Yeah, I love The Redskins.  That was my team and if they still exsisted I would still be cheering for them.  When we lost the name I was done.  I watched The Redskins growing up as a kid.  I went to Redskins game with my family and friends.  Whatever this new group calls themselves they're not my team that I've cheered for all my life.

Hopefully Snyder will be gone and Washington can have some sembelance of a real football team.

That being said all of my fellow Redskin fans, in here, made the last couple of years enjoyable and lessen the misery of watching our Burgundy and Gold lose all time.

Do you live in Chicago or something? Chicago seems like an odd choice bc they’ve been just as lousy as Washington since the 80s..

JW

On 4/12/2022 at 7:54 PM, turtle28 said:

Do you live in Chicago or something? Chicago seems like an odd choice bc they’ve been just as lousy as Washington since the 80s..

JW

Lol, I get asked that all the time.  I chose The Bears because I went to Star Wars Celebration in Chicago as a guest speaker for a podcast panel and had a blast.  Our panel was the most popular and considered the best out of all of them from the event.  Without a doubt it was the funniest vacation I ever had.  I've had a soft spot for the area ever since so when The Redskins cease to exist I needed a new team to root for so I went with them.  

The good thing about The Burgundy and Gold is they prepared me for losing and disappointment in sports, so my new group is just par for the course.  My oldest brother has joined them too in support of my decision and my second eldest bro left too.  He became a fan because me and another mate of ours were Redskins boosters and when both of us left he had no reason to stay (our friend is now a full on Raven and started to leave before the name change).  He is fully with The Colts because his wife is from Indiana and SHE got him into football, lol.

My second youngest brother is remaining faithful so I will still keep up with the football team that plays in Washington, for him, but from a distance. and I'm hoping Snyder will finally get ousted as the owner for turning the last year's of the team into dumpster fire.

However, the biggest thing that still takes some getting use to is having an actual General Manager and an owner who doesn't interfere with on fields matters all the time? It seems like bizzaro world. 😂

Edited by FosterTheSkins

2 hours ago, FosterTheSkins said:

Lol, I get asked that all the time.  I chose The Bears because I went to Star Wars Celebration in Chicago as a guest speaker for a podcast panel and had a blast.  Our panel was the most popular and considered the best out of all of them from the event.  Without a doubt it was the funniest vacation I ever had.  I've had a soft spot for the area ever since so when The Redskins cease to exist I needed a new team to root for so I went with them.  

The good thing about The Burgundy and Gold is they prepared me for losing and disappointment in sports, so my new group is just par for the course.  My oldest brother has joined them too in support of my decision and my second eldest bro left too.  He became a fan because me and another mate of ours were Redskins boosters and when both of us left he had no reason to stay (our friend is now a full on Raven and started to leave before the name change).  He is fully with The Colts because his wife is from Indiana and SHE got him into football, lol.

My second youngest brother is remaining faithful so I will still keep up with the football team that plays in Washington, for him, but from a distance. and I'm hoping Snyder will finally get ousted as the owner for turning the last year's of the team into dumpster fire.

However, the biggest thing that still takes some getting use to is having an actual General Manager and an owner who doesn't interfere with on fields matters all the time? It seems like bizzaro world. 😂

If I wasn’t a Commanders fan, the Steelers would be my #1. My parents are from a town 45 min from Pitt. They became Steelers fans in their 20s when the Steelers went to and won 4 Super Bowls. My dad said when I got off the bus after my first day of kindergarten I told him “dad I’m not a  Steelers fan anymore, I’m a dRedskins fan bc my friends at school are.”

I didn’t realize that would screw my whole life up at 5!

If I were you I’d seem much easier to just become a Ravens fan, but to each their own or Chiefs bc they still have the Native American theme. My dad was a chiefs fan when he was young.

https://www.outkick.com/new-detail-emerges-from-fatal-incident-involving-dwayne-haskins/

According to Fox Sports 640’s Andy Slater, “Dwayne Haskins was traveling in a car with a drunk woman before he walked onto the expressway, multiple sources tell me.”

Slater added that “[t]he woman was passed out in the disabled car” along Florida’s I-595 Highway.

Slater had no official confirmation as to whether the inebriated woman in the vehicle with Haskins that morning was his wife, Kalabrya Haskins.

Nothing is confirmed, however

24 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

https://www.outkick.com/new-detail-emerges-from-fatal-incident-involving-dwayne-haskins/

According to Fox Sports 640’s Andy Slater, “Dwayne Haskins was traveling in a car with a drunk woman before he walked onto the expressway, multiple sources tell me.”

Slater added that “[t]he woman was passed out in the disabled car” along Florida’s I-595 Highway.

Slater had no official confirmation as to whether the inebriated woman in the vehicle with Haskins that morning was his wife, Kalabrya Haskins.

Nothing is confirmed, however

Well- I just read his wife was on the phone with him from Pittsburgh as he walked on the interstate.  He said he was looking for gas and would call her back when he got the car going again . 

• Like 1

I have to say...This Haskins tragedy has turned into a true mystery.

His parents never met his wife? Wow!

Where is the gas can, if he was walking to get gas? Where is his car, that ran out of gas?

Who was the mystery girl in the car? Lots of unanswered questions.

And here is a quote, I'm gonna paste here from an ES member.

This story gets weirder by the minute...

They still haven't confirmed who the drunk chick was in Haskins' car.

They keep repeating what Haskins said ("I'm outta gas") because that's what he told his wife on the phone. Has a gas can been found?

For that matter, where is his car that supposedly ran out of gas?

Has anyone investigated whether there was even a gas station in the direction he was walking towards?

I'm starting to think he was up to hanky-panky with the passed-out chick and possibly ran out of gas...was probably inebriated, and panicked and decided to flee on foot before he got arrested for DWI and his wife found out about the other woman. That would explain his misjudgement of the speed of the traffic.

Still...bizarre that his parents never met her.

(Just realized I'm showing my age...I used the phrase 'hanky-panky.' ) 

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 1