How to make the Lakers Great Again

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

That's certainly possible. At least in that case you'd still have decent building blocks. Without LeBron you'd have more flexibility to make moves in either direction. I really hope LeBron doesn't go back to Cleveland only to trade away their whole future.

Based on his recent comments it sounds like he may want to play for the Warriors. In which case he may be able to do them a solid and get them some good young pieces back in a S&T. Not sure I'd consider Hayward/Rozier building blocks and AD looks like he's about crippled at this point. Lakers gonna have to tank it up.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Based on his recent comments it sounds like he may want to play for the Warriors. In which case he may be able to do them a solid and get them some good young pieces back in a S&T. Not sure I'd consider Hayward/Rozier building blocks and AD looks like he's about crippled at this point. Lakers gonna have to tank it up.

Steph basically shut that down. They aren't blowing that team up to get LeBron. Davis/Hayward/Rozier if healthy (and that is a big if) is probably a 7-9 seed in the West. You have a lot of flexibility from there. Add pieces, blow it up, whatever. I do agree that I wouldn't bet on Davis going forward though. He's cooked.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Steph basically shut that down. They aren't blowing that team up to get LeBron. Davis/Hayward/Rozier if healthy (and that is a big if) is probably a 7-9 seed in the West. You have a lot of flexibility from there. Add pieces, blow it up, whatever. I do agree that I wouldn't bet on Davis going forward though. He's cooked.

Steph and company were the same group of men that called to beg Durant after they came up short in the finals. Their veterans were also publicly stating that they wanted the organization to move their young talent/draft assets for a proven star to make another potential title run last summer, lol. They couldn't make it work with a S&T of Wiggins if they included Kuminga/Wiseman? I'm sure they could if they included Draymond? 

Having like $100M tied up into a 34 year old Hayward, 31 year old AD, and 30 year old Rozier doesn't seem to give them a ton of flexibility. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Steph and company were the same group of men that called to beg Durant after they came up short in the finals. Their veterans were also publicly stating that they wanted the organization to move their young talent/draft assets for a proven star to make another potential title run last summer, lol. They couldn't make it work with a S&T of Wiggins if they included Kuminga/Wiseman? I'm sure they could if they included Draymond? 

Having like $100M tied up into a 34 year old Hayward, 31 year old AD, and 30 year old Rozier doesn't seem to give them a ton of flexibility. 

LeBron won't be a Warrior, and he certainly won't get traded there. You can rule it out now.

Rozier is a moveable contract. Davis is a moveable contract. Hayward will be an expiring going into next offseason. They'll have plenty of flexibility.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

LeBron won't be a Warrior, and he certainly won't get traded there. You can rule it out now.

Rozier is a moveable contract. Davis is a moveable contract. Hayward will be an expiring going into next offseason. They'll have plenty of flexibility.

I don't think there's really any chance that he's a Laker after next season either. I'd bet that he goes back to Cleveland to run with Garland/Mobley. 

Yeah I guess that wouldn't be terrible actually, give LeBron some help that can potentially be moved when he bolts. But dear god this man is doing his best to leave the Lakers in absolute shambles, lol.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think there's really any chance that he's a Laker after next season either. I'd bet that he goes back to Cleveland to run with Garland/Mobley. 

Yeah I guess that wouldn't be terrible actually, give LeBron some help that can potentially be moved when he bolts. But dear god this man is doing his best to leave the Lakers in absolute shambles, lol.

As much as I admire him as a player LeBron leaves every situation in shambles lol

9 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

As much as I admire him as a player LeBron leaves every situation in shambles lol

Cleveland has been able to rebuild fairly quickly twice surprisingly and the Heat were as well. Hopefully the Lakers remain in shambles for a while.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Cleveland has been able to rebuild fairly quickly twice surprisingly and the Heat were as well. Hopefully the Lakers remain in shambles for a while.

3 #1 picks in 4 years + LeBron coming back definitely helped. This is the first winning year they've had without him since like the 90's. Miami is a great organization so they turned it around.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

3 #1 picks in 4 years + LeBron coming back definitely helped. This is the first winning year they've had without him since like the 90's. Miami is a great organization so they turned it around.

Adam Silver set LeBron up to make one last push with Garland/Mobley, lol. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

The rumor of the Hornets wanting to deal Hayward/Rozier for Westbrook/1st would be ideal for LA. You get two good players that fit the team. At full health that looks like a 4-5 seed again. The contracts may be bad but if you're all in on contending that's your best bet. For the Hornets, you get a massive expiring and get to build around LaMelo fresh.

That would be a great deal for LA. Charlotte doesn't get great value, but it clears their books for contracts for Bridges and Ball. You know MJ loves Westbrook as well.

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

And the Indiana Pacers are a potential landing spot for Russell Westbrook as they could be looking to move on from their financial commitments to Brogdon and Buddy. 

Lakers receive: Malcolm Brogdon, Buddy Hield 

Pacers receive: Russell Westbrook, THT, 2025 1st round pick

This would also be a great deal for LA. I guess Indiana would just be clearing their books for future years. This would make LA the most injury prone team of all-time though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

This would also be a great deal for LA. I guess Indiana would just be clearing their books for future years. This would make LA the most injury prone team of all-time though.

I don't think there's any deal out there where the Lakers are able to move Westbrook without receiving injury prone players on big deals in return. The fact that his contract is expiring makes it seem very moveable this off-season though, especially to small market teams that have big extensions on the horizon and need to clear space. 

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think there's any deal out there where the Lakers are able to move Westbrook without receiving injury prone players on big deals in return. The fact that his contract is expiring makes it seem very moveable this off-season though, especially to small market teams that have big extensions on the horizon and need to clear space. 

Oh, agreed. If they can get two rotation players (no matter how injury prone, like Brogdon and Hayward) and only give up 1 future pick, then they need to jump on it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Oh, agreed. If they can get two rotation players (no matter how injury prone, like Brogdon and Hayward) and only give up 1 future pick, then they need to jump on it.

It will be interesting to see how the Lakers maneuver this offseason, gotta try to do what you can to make one last push with LeBron but also have to be realistic about your preparations for life after he leaves. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It will be interesting to see how the Lakers maneuver this offseason, gotta try to do what you can to make one last push with LeBron but also have to be realistic about your preparations for life after he leaves. 

I'd tell him we won't trade a future 1st without an extension.