Johnny's 7 rounder

Johnny Nix

3 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

With Neal Ive heard a lot of teams view him as a guard at the next level. I certainly could see him going higher obviously. With not doing trades it affects a lot of picks. 

Shoot that makes it even better for the Falcons thats the main thing we need lol.  We literally had the worst rated starting OG in the nfl at LG in Jaylen Mayfield last year.

16 starts | 989 total snaps at left guard | allowed 11 sacks, 21 quarterback hits and 25 quarterback hurries per PFF | overall offensive grade of 49.3 (ranked 79th out of 84 offensive guards league-wide) So not only was he the worst starting guard he was almost the worst guard in the entire nfl XD

Evan Neal would be a fricken god send at OG for us at this point and might actually help keep Mariotta from dying out there on the field behind Mayfield and Hennesey.

with a team worst offensive grade of 29.8 and a pass blocking grade of 14.6 this week i thought matt ryan might retire after that game after what mayfield allowed to happen to him LOL

Edited by FalconFan13

14 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

15 EAGLES DRAKE LONDON WR USC

18 EAGLES DEVIN LLOYD LB UTAH

51 EAGLES JAQUAN BRISKER S PENN STATE

83 EAGLES SAM WILLIAMS EDGE MISSISSIPPI

101 EAGLES JALYN ARMOUR-DAVIS CB ALABAMA

124 EAGLES CHARLIE KOLAR TE IOWA STATE

154 EAGLES KALIA DAVIS DL UCF

162 EAGLES JAYLEN WATSON CB WASHINGTON STATE

166 EAGLES JUSTIN SHAFFER IOL GEORGIA

237 EAGLES DUSTIN CRUM QB KENT STATE

Definitely ticks off a lot of apparent holes.

I doubt they’ll ever go LB in the first unless it’s a Luke Kuechly type, which was the last time they considered it (reportedly). Lloyd being an older guy doesn’t help his case. But certainly a good player.

Not sure how they view London, guy who makes mostly contested catches from USC…all he needs to do is be really good at returns in college and be awful at them in the NFL and he can be the megazord of our last 3 wideouts taken in the top 50 that didn’t work out that well. Helmet scouting is dumb but him not being able to separate and need to contest everything isn’t ideal. Would be very disappointed he’s the guy they went with for a proper #2 opposite DeVonta (even if on paper he’s a good compliment)

Getting secondary help vet end of day two is great. Like the players too. Don’t think we  would need to double dip at CB this year though. They have tons of guys they are developing as is. Adding JAD is the lowest I’d go.

6 hours ago, scar988 said:

Falcons need a guard...

Falcons need a lot of things. But I hear ya, I’ve laid the groundwork so when trades happen before the draft I can quickly move around. I specifically have my eye on the Panthers trading down which would change quite a few picks. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

Falcons need a lot of things. But I hear ya, I’ve laid the groundwork so when trades happen before the draft I can quickly move around. I specifically have my eye on the Panthers trading down which would change quite a few picks. 

The Falcons also aren't drafting by need. They're going BPA. And based on how this draft will fall, I'd be shocked if they took a WR in the first round considering EDGE and OL are also big needs and there's a good half dozen guys at those positions that would fit easily AND be worth the No. 8 overall pick.

4 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

How about you slide ya boys the good ole Falcons a nice trade down in there as well my friend :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I tend to think that the Vikings would take Kyle Hamilton to pair with Harrison Smith for a couple of years at pick 12. They have signed a number of solid OG options to at least fill in some time there. Rest of the draft I like quite well.

I thought about that a lot tbh

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

The Falcons also aren't drafting by need. They're going BPA. And based on how this draft will fall, I'd be shocked if they took a WR in the first round considering EDGE and OL are also big needs and there's a good half dozen guys at those positions that would fit easily AND be worth the No. 8 overall pick.

Again I understand your point, but also not everything happens the way fans want it to. As we get closer to the draft I’ll release my final for you to tear apart 😂

14 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Shoot that makes it even better for the Falcons thats the main thing we need lol.  We literally had the worst rated starting OG in the nfl at LG in Jaylen Mayfield last year.

16 starts | 989 total snaps at left guard | allowed 11 sacks, 21 quarterback hits and 25 quarterback hurries per PFF | overall offensive grade of 49.3 (ranked 79th out of 84 offensive guards league-wide) So not only was he the worst starting guard he was almost the worst guard in the entire nfl XD

Evan Neal would be a fricken god send at OG for us at this point and might actually help keep Mariotta from dying out there on the field behind Mayfield and Hennesey.

with a team worst offensive grade of 29.8 and a pass blocking grade of 14.6 this week i thought matt ryan might retire after that game after what mayfield allowed to happen to him LOL

Nah bro we need that WR at 8 so the QB can have someone to throw interceptions towards from their back.