Johnny's 7 rounder

Johnny Nix

First off, nice effort on all of this.

Secondly, in regards to the Steelers draft...

gag throw up GIF

Desmond Ridder has absolutely no business going that high.   Literally none.   He is so laughably overrated and has bust written all over him, but will go because this is a weak QB class and his athleticism will get him extremely overdrafted.      I could see the Steelers doing though, because they have overdrafted lesser prospects for their athleticism before (Artie Burns, Terrell Edmunds), but it wont make it any better of a pick.    

There isnt much reason for us to go OLine outside of maybe getting an elite prospect.    We have enough developmental players.    We kept Chuks to be our starter (which I hated, but it is what it is), and they like Dan Moore, so I seriously doubt they are going to bring in an OT that early THIS year unless somehow Evan Neal or maybe Charles Cross fell to 20.

Jahan Dotson and Quay Walker would be much better picks in round 1 and 2. 

The rest I can live with.

Edited by 43M

3 hours ago, 43M said:

First off, nice effort on all of this.

Secondly, in regards to the Steelers draft...

gag throw up GIF

Desmond Ridder has absolutely no business going that high.   Literally none.   He is so laughably overrated and has bust written all over him, but will go because this is a weak QB class and his athleticism will get him extremely overdrafted.      I could see the Steelers doing though, because they have overdrafted lesser prospects for their athleticism before (Artie Burns, Terrell Edmunds), but it wont make it any better of a pick.    

There isnt much reason for us to go OLine outside of maybe getting an elite prospect.    We have enough developmental players.    We kept Chuks to be our starter (which I hated, but it is what it is), and they like Dan Moore, so I seriously doubt they are going to bring in an OT that early THIS year unless somehow Evan Neal or maybe Charles Cross fell to 20.

Jahan Dotson and Quay Walker would be much better picks in round 1 and 2. 

The rest I can live with.

Yeah I agree on Ridder but the Steelers have been all over him in the pre draft process from what I’ve read

On 4/13/2022 at 10:15 AM, BillsGuy82 said:

Best mock draft to date for us @Johnny Nix

Trent McDuffie and Breece Hall are both A+ picks. 

I'd grade it a A for us.. Throw us a P either Matt Araiza or Ryan Stonehouse with our last pick I'd give you a A+.. Good work 

No sir you don't get Matt it has been spoken and is now law that the Falcons get to replace one Matt with another Matt.   Araiza gets to pick him somewhere int he 5th to 7th round and no one else can touch him.  Plus we REALLLLY need a punter right now we lost ours and don't have one XD

29 CHIEFS JAHAN DOTSON WR PENN STATE
30 CHIEFS KAIIR ELAM CB FLORIDA
50 CHIEFS LOGAN HALL DL HOUSTON
62 CHIEFS QUAY WALKER LB GEORGIA
94 CHIEFS NICHOLAS PETIT-FRERE OT OHIO STATE
103 CHIEFS MYJAI SANDERS EDGE CINCINNATI
121 CHIEFS JT WOODS S BAYLOR
135 CHIEFS TARIQ CASTRO-FIELDS CB PENN STATE

Taking a CB in the 1st round is pushing it. Woods and Castro-Fields would have been sufficient. Another Edge would work. Ebikitie and Mafe are both available.

Either Chenal or Muma over Walker. Consider Drake Jackson at #50. He cam play Sam in the base and DE in a 4-2-5. Then Leal at #62.

Ridgeway at #94. They need a NT as well as DE. 

Sanders is fine where you take him but consider Troy Anderson, especially if you take Jackson.  

55 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I Love You Reaction GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Love the Bucs first 2 picks

Booth and dulcich are my 2 draft crushes this year bravo 👏 

I think the 3rd round pick would be Cole Strange instead though 

Also Badie in rd 7 is 👌

Finding where to put these running backs is one of the hardest parts of doing a 7 round mock. You always end up with crazy value late. 

10 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

No sir you don't get Matt it has been spoken and is now law that the Falcons get to replace one Matt with another Matt.   Araiza gets to pick him somewhere int he 5th to 7th round and no one else can touch him.  Plus we REALLLLY need a punter right now we lost ours and don't have one XD

Ryan Stonehouse would be a nice consolation. Matt Haack is the worst punter in the league lol

14 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Ryan Stonehouse would be a nice consolation. Matt Haack is the worst punter in the league lol

I accept your terms my friend you may have Stonehouse.  It completes the prophecy of the names.  We get Matt and you get Ryan   The Matt Ryan trade punter ritual is now complete and both teams are better for it.