Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Would you start Hogan over Kizer?

Six of one and a half dozen of the other. Hogan gives the offense more spark but you are probably wasting time because he likely will never be a starter. Kizer has highs and lows and he likely will never be a starter either but his unlikely is like a 10% chance to become a long term starter where Hogan is at probably 3%. Either way, you are just waiting for someone to come along that looks the part and plays the part.

If I were coaching I'd start Kessler, It doesn't make sense for Hue to do it though. He was critical of him when he played well and he is complimentary of Kizer when he is terrible so he obviously looks at zip on a ball as being much more important than ball placement. Kessler will likely be in the league longer than Hogan or Kizer. He may never be more than a Brian Hoyer/Josh McCown type but 10 years from now he will probably be starting for some crappy team or backing up for some great QB.

30 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Six of one and a half dozen of the other. Hogan gives the offense more spark but you are probably wasting time because he likely will never be a starter. Kizer has highs and lows and he likely will never be a starter either but his unlikely is like a 10% chance to become a long term starter where Hogan is at probably 3%. Either way, you are just waiting for someone to come along that looks the part and plays the part.

If I were coaching I'd start Kessler, It doesn't make sense for Hue to do it though. He was critical of him when he played well and he is complimentary of Kizer when he is terrible so he obviously looks at zip on a ball as being much more important than ball placement. Kessler will likely be in the league longer than Hogan or Kizer. He may never be more than a Brian Hoyer/Josh McCown type but 10 years from now he will probably be starting for some crappy team or backing up for some great QB.

Man you crazy

Kessler trash

Kizers game against Detroit was better than anything Kessler has ever done 

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Man you crazy

Kessler trash

Kizer’s one average game this year is what you are hinging your hopes on. You need to come to grips with reality on this one. There are a lot of 21 year olds currently in college that we could put in a Browns uniform, to have one average game and a lot of rough ones. Sometimes you just have to admit when it looks like you may be wrong about someone. We’ve all been there with someone. Typically, when you come off of it people respect you for it. When you don’t, you just come off as stubborn and uninformed. 

I’ve suggested similar to MWil’s plan. Veteran. QB at 1, Kizer as your 3. Let him sit there and learn for a couple years, and maybe, way down the road, he adds to his arm talent and turns into an NFL caliber QB.

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

So 21-37 (56.7%) for 232 yards (6.2 ypa) with 1 TD and 1 INT (73.3 rating) to go along with 57 rushing yards and a TD is better than 26-41 (63.4%) 336 yards (8.2 ypa) 2 TD and 0 INT (105.3 rating)?

Kessler's worst game is closer to being better than Kizer's best game than Kizer's best game being better than Kessler's best game. Heck, if you give Kizer a TD for every INT and an INT for every TD (giving him a 14-5 TD/INT ratio) his rating is still 15 points lower than Kessler's was last season (92.3 to 77.9). He has been terrible. Like competing for all time worst season for a QB bad. Even if you put all of the lipstick in the world on him, poor supporting cast, bad coaching, he is 21, etc... he still comes out looking like a pig. He can get better, but right now he is terribad and can't even be compared to the season that Kessler had last year. Kizer does have 175 more passing yards than Kessler had although it is on 87 more attempts (that is 2 yards per extra attempt, not good).

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Man you crazy

Kessler trash

Someday I hope to love my wife the way you love Kizer.

That ish is one of the all time great love stories.  Romeo and Juliet have nothing on DeShone and Brownie.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Kizer’s one average game this year is what you are hinging your hopes on. You need to come to grips with reality on this one. There are a lot of 21 year olds currently in college that we could put in a Browns uniform, to have one average game and a lot of rough ones. Sometimes you just have to admit when it looks like you may be wrong about someone. We’ve all been there with someone. Typically, when you come off of it people respect you for it. When you don’t, you just come off as stubborn and uninformed. 

I’ve suggested similar to MWil’s plan. Veteran. QB at 1, Kizer as your 3. Let him sit there and learn for a couple years, and maybe, way down the road, he adds to his arm talent and turns into an NFL caliber QB.

Don't you dare encourage him to be unbiased and reasonable, his incomprehensible love for Kizer is one this forum bright spots since draft day.

Pay him no mind @brownie man.  Hell, now's the time to double down on his greatness iyam.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Don't you dare encourage him to be unbiased and reasonable, his incomprehensible love for Kizer is one this forum bright spots since draft day.

Pay him no mind @brownie man.  Hell, now's the time to double down on his greatness iyam.

There are a few like minded individuals. A crazy cult if you will that seems to think Kizer is the man. If you tell them otherwise they go ape-##%$ crazy on you. They seem to retreat for a moment when you ask them what has he shown you that makes you think he is any good? 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

On 11/19/2017 at 9:10 PM, brownie man said:

Y’all saw Peterman get Toasted by San Diego

its not cause they’re defense is great 

he’s trash

and he’s 23 

yall realize Kizer is 21

21!!!!!

you got a 21 year old playing with Kenny Britt Spencer Durango and Isaiah Crowell 

and y’all expecting him to beat the defense that just forced 5 interceptions on Big Ben 

yall crazy 

What I expect is to have competent QB play that does not continue to make horrible mistakes.  If you look at it reasonably, Kizer's poor play has cost us four games. That's the truth (Jets, Jags, Titans, Colts, at least).  I think with average QB play, we're at 4-6 today.  Kizer is not the long-term answer.  I don't care if he is 21 or 41.  His inaccuracy guarantees he will not succeed, and it will not get better. We need a QB.

20 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

So 21-37 (56.7%) for 232 yards (6.2 ypa) with 1 TD and 1 INT (73.3 rating) to go along with 57 rushing yards and a TD is better than 26-41 (63.4%) 336 yards (8.2 ypa) 2 TD and 0 INT (105.3 rating)?

Kessler's worst game is closer to being better than Kizer's best game than Kizer's best game being better than Kessler's best game. Heck, if you give Kizer a TD for every INT and an INT for every TD (giving him a 14-5 TD/INT ratio) his rating is still 15 points lower than Kessler's was last season (92.3 to 77.9). He has been terrible. Like competing for all time worst season for a QB bad. Even if you put all of the lipstick in the world on him, poor supporting cast, bad coaching, he is 21, etc... he still comes out looking like a pig. He can get better, but right now he is terribad and can't even be compared to the season that Kessler had last year. Kizer does have 175 more passing yards than Kessler had although it is on 87 more attempts (that is 2 yards per extra attempt, not good).

It's the most damning indictment of Hue. If Kessler started this season he would've had a better season then Kizer. Who knows how many wins that equates to but it's probably more than 0.

22 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Sounds like what was being said about Goff last year. I'm not writing 21 year old Kizer off. He has been mismanaged this year and likely doesn't have a future in Cleveland but I still think he carves out a career as a starter somewhere. He's so darn young and has the physical tools. He just needs to learn the pro game. 

5 hours ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

What I expect is to have competent QB play that does not continue to make horrible mistakes.  If you look at it reasonably, Kizer's poor play has cost us four games. That's the truth (Jets, Jags, Titans, Colts, at least).  I think with average QB play, we're at 4-6 today.  Kizer is not the long-term answer.  I don't care if he is 21 or 41.  His inaccuracy guarantees he will not succeed, and it will not get better. We need a QB.

Why won't it get better? Is he the first ever rookie QB to have accuracy issues? Would he be the first ever QB to improve his accuracy with experience?

On 11/10/2017 at 7:50 PM, buno67 said:

Manning (Peyton and Eli) didnt make everyone else better their first year and you could say the same for Stafford, Goff, and etc. There have been plenty of rookie QBs who have struggled and than improved. Last year Goff struggles with accuracy, anticipation, reads and progressions. Now after a year he is better at it. More experience, getting comfortable and being properly adjusted to the speed makes a huge difference.

These guys were all extremely high picks with ceilings that were clearly predicted, that's why they went so high in the draft. Kizer is a second round pick, that 31 other teams, with far better talent appraisers than we possess, found him totally wanting, as a potential franchise QB. People, who think Kizer will eventually develop, simply are being naive. This guy at his best, is a career backup and far more likely to be out of the league by year 3, if not sooner.

The NFL GM's know the odds on late round 1 QB's is around 6% and QB's drafted later, have a far less chance at success. Kizer already entered the league with less than a 6% chance he would succeed and his stats are right there with almost every QB who has flopped in the NFL. Putting you money on this guy to develop, is simply crazy. He is a wasted 2nd round pick and nothing more!

I am not even worried that Cleveland will attempt to develop this guy as our starter, they are going to draft a QB with the 1st overall pick, no matter who is in charge of the selection. It would be career insanity, to pass on a QB for any other position.

Archived