Fantasy Sleepers this year?

BayRaider

Jerry Jeudy - He's going to have a big year with an actual good QB running that offense. 

Deep Sleeper - Isaiah McKenzie WR Bills - He and Josh Allen are buds, recently McKenzie has been working as the starting Slot WR for Buffalo. Buffalo has been saying all offseason they want to have better YAC. McKenzie's speed and agility can help that alot. 

Edited by Tommy_C
wanted to
  • Like 1

The Packers RB situation is interesting…. Aaron Jones is an excellent PPR back that most are projecting to finish in the Top 8-10 RB’s. But Dillion just has that strange potential to destroy the league.

Dillion’s size and athletic profile are nearly identical to Derrick Henry… and Dillion has some receiving skills. 

I need to draft some more Dillion because be could finish as RB1 in the NFL if Jones is out. 

Just Rounds 5, 6, and 7 is historically the RB deadzone. You usually want WR’s or an Elite QB/TE in these rounds. 

Not a sleeper, but a perennial disappointment that is a steal right now IMHO is Saquon. contract year, massively upgraded o-line and finally a legit playcaller means IF he doesn’t get hurt we’re in for fireworks. I’m aware that’s a huge risk, but why pay top 3 overall for McCaffrey when Barkley is in the 3rd?

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

why pay top 3 overall for McCaffrey when Barkley is in the 3rd?

Because McCaffrey has broken fantasy football in PPR leagues before… a healthy McCaffrey is the #1 most valuable player in PPR leagues and no one comes close. Barkley does not have the same ceiling. 

@NYRaider Pacheco is getting 1st team reps and already named starting kick returner, so basically a roster lock. Him being starting at RB in the second half of the year is not unimaginable. He’s also climbing up fantasy drafts and being regularly selected in the 18th round. I feel like I was the only person drafting him before TC. 

With that said, I’ve been using a 20th Round pick on him every 7-10 drafts. If he fails, no big deal. 

I have a decent amount of RoJo and McKinnon too, but RoJo is expensive. 

In 40+ drafts, I only have one, just ONE, CEH share. That dude is awful and not worth a 8th round pick. 

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

@NYRaider Pacheco is getting 1st team reps and already named starting kick returner, so basically a roster lock. Him being starting at RB in the second half of the year is not unimaginable. He’s also climbing up fantasy drafts and being regularly selected in the 18th round. I feel like I was the only person drafting him before TC. 

With that said, I’ve been using a 20th Round pick on him every 7-10 drafts. If he fails, no big deal. 

I have a decent amount of RoJo and McKinnon too, but RoJo is expensive. 

In 40+ drafts, I only have one, just ONE, CEH share. That dude is awful and not worth a 8th round pick. 

It has been like 4 practices, lol. Would AR use his starting RB on kick return?

On 8/4/2022 at 11:58 AM, NYRaider said:

It has been like 4 practices, lol. Would AR use his starting RB on kick return?

He’ll be over drafted. 7th rounder? He’s at best #4 on the RB depth chart. The beat reporters are pretty optimistic that’d he’ll make the team as of now but that is light years away from being a fantasy contributor. The Chiefs have every desire to see CEH succeed. This honestly reminds me a bit of Darwin Thompson, who people were drafting insanely high in spite of questionable tape and poor draft capital just because the Chiefs offense. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

He’ll be over drafted. 7th rounder? He’s at best #4 on the RB depth chart. The beat reporters are pretty optimistic that’d he’ll make the team as of now but that is light years away from being a fantasy contributor. The Chiefs have every desire to see CEH succeed. This honestly reminds me a bit of Darwin Thompson, who people were drafting insanely high in spite of questionable tape and poor draft capital just because the Chiefs offense. 

20th Round pick is high? 20th Round is a stash and hope he destroys the playoffs where the actual money is. 

• Like 1

Also, the Chiefs and Packers are two teams that could care less about draft capital. It’s all about the system. 7th Round Pick or UDFA on 90% of teams I wouldn’t touch. But the Chiefs have shown, if you have an athletic profile, regardless of draft capital, you could be seriously productive. Pacheco is way more athletic than CEH, and a way more well-rounded player than Ronald Jones. Pach can actually pass block super well which is rare for a 7th Rounder. He also has receiving skills. Plus 4.3 speed with some decent wiggle.