• Mavs in 5
    • Mavs in 6
    • Mavs in 7
    • Jazz in 4
    • Jazz in 5
    • Jazz in 6
    • Jazz in 7

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Donovan Mitchell is simultaneously a Playoff God who single-handedly wins series, but single-handedly loses in the playoffs because Rudy Gobert and Mike Conley are bums.

Mitchell was trash this series

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Mitchell was trash this series

Mitchell was hot arse this series, our whole team was though. Quinn Snyder is probably the worst coach at making in game/in series adjustments in the league though. Dude let Rudy get switched onto Luka like 12 straight times down the stretch of the game, lol.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Mitchell was hot arse this series, our whole team was though. Quinn Snyder is probably the worst coach at making in game/in series adjustments in the league though. Dude let Rudy get switched onto Luka like 12 straight times down the stretch of the game, lol.

I kinda feel bad for Rudy because if you guys had any decent perimeter defenders you could maybe make things work. But then again Rudy's limitations and lack of playoff resiliency on O are a huge reason why teams can get away with playing 5 out against Utah to neutralize him.

9 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I kinda feel bad for Rudy because if you guys had any decent perimeter defenders you could maybe make things work. But then again Rudy's limitations and lack of playoff resiliency on O are a huge reason why teams can get away with playing 5 out against Utah to neutralize him.

Quinn just refused to adjust though, he hardly played Hermangomez, House, or Paschall and didn't play Rudy Gay a single minute the entire series. We've been plagued by the same issues since the Conley/Bojan trades, the Don/Conley backcourt is just too small and so is a forward duo of Royce/Bojan because none of them rebound or have any switch ability defensively. 

Regardless though there's no reason to continuously let Luka just feast on Rudy in the clutch, he should've had some cajones and went small. 

The only reason that I'm optimistic though is that Danny Ainge is now in control of the roster and he has shown that he isn't afraid to make aggressive moves or to shake up a roster. We need to get more versatile/athletic, I think Don is the only player that's safe. Would like to see us move on from Conley/Bojan, possibly Rudy as well but we'll see what happens. Apparently we don't have plans to do a complete rebuild but we need to retool the roster in major ways.

Also I hope we get rid of Royce O'Neale who may be the literal worst player in the NBA.

Quinn just refused to adjust though, he hardly played Hermangomez, House, or Paschall and didn't play Rudy Gay a single minute the entire series. We've been plagued by the same issues since the Conley/Bojan trades, the Don/Conley backcourt is just too small and so is a forward duo of Royce/Bojan because none of them rebound or have any switch ability defensively. 

Regardless though there's no reason to continuously let Luka just feast on Rudy in the clutch, he should've had some cajones and went small. 

The only reason that I'm optimistic though is that Danny Ainge is now in control of the roster and he has shown that he isn't afraid to make aggressive moves or to shake up a roster. We need to get more versatile/athletic, I think Don is the only player that's safe. Would like to see us move on from Conley/Bojan, possibly Rudy as well but we'll see what happens. Apparently we don't have plans to do a complete rebuild but we need to retool the roster in major ways.

Also I hope we get rid of Royce O'Neale who may be the literal worst player in the NBA.

You can take Bertans, Dinwiddie and filler so Dallas can take Rudy from you 😉 He's a perfect fit there.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

You can take Bertans, Dinwiddie and filler so Dallas can take Rudy from you 😉 He's a perfect fit there.

I'd entertain a lot of offers for Rudy but we need to get a versatile, athletic wing in return. Sign Mitchell Robinson to replace Rudy. Hopefully Danny Ainge can work his magic, should be one of the most interesting off-seasons we've had in a while.

I'd entertain a lot of offers for Rudy but we need to get a versatile, athletic wing in return. Sign Mitchell Robinson to replace Rudy. Hopefully Danny Ainge can work his magic, should be one of the most interesting off-seasons we've had in a while.

I wonder what his value is or if they deal Mitchell because they could get more for him. 

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I wonder what his value is or if they deal Mitchell because they could get more for him. 

Our main beat reporter said the plan is to build around Don and that he's basically the only one that's safe. 

I think my ideal (but probably unrealistic moves) would be: 

• Trade Mike Conley / Royce to the Clippers for Mann, Boston, and Morris 

• Trade Rudy to the Bulls for Ball, Caruso, and Williams

Sign Mitchell Robinson in free agency