Final Mock and Position Rankings

DaWg_LB.

Hotep Good Brothers,

This is my last Mock baring some extreme circumstances (like we get a 1rst round pick in an unforeseen trade). But I have completed my Mock draft and my Top 5 for certain position groups. I don’t do work on ALL positions groups anymore…just the ones that the Browns are in need of. I liked the trade MUCH more for some reason, when we retained ALL our picks this outside of the first…..the additional 4th I still need to know how it got included after the fact…for seemingly free. As if a Phone call took place, after the fact and they asked “hey Andrew, we didn’t get enough picks to look good with the trade this year, can we have a 4th also please”

This is an interesting draft…after a few years of really weak DE/OLB classes, this one has prospects in SPADES, its another strong draft for WR’s and FS/SS seems to be VERY strong also…..this is a pretty weak draft for LB’s (off the Ball), TE’s and RB’s…..the QB class, DT and CB class are just so so, along with a “meh” class for Interior lineman and OT’s (there are 3 blue chippers and then a bunch of Question Marks). So without Further adieu…

Browns Draft 2022 according to DaWg_Lb.

2nd: Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 208. : We need to rebuild the WR Corps no MATTER WHO is at QB, and now we’ve gone all in on D. Watson, we grab C. Watson to come in and Battle DPJ for #2 across from Armari Cooper.

3rd Phidarian Mathis, DT, Alabama
Height: 6-3. Weight: 313. : We must address DT, and I may be a LOT higher on this kid than most scouts, we get my #3 DT in the entire draft in the 3rd round, this will be the type of pick that helps make up for the loss of draft capital in the Watson deal.

3rd Sam Williams, DE, Ole Miss
Height: 6-4. Weight: 261: Hopefully we also resign Clowney for a nice 2 year stint (I think his representation is waiting till post draft to sign), the addition of Williams would be a worth pick here, a JUCO star, and a solid DE with good size to be a decent run stopper and a 4.46 40yd, was 2nd in the SEC in sacks last year (behind that ANIMAL redshirt soph/Jr Will Anderson at Alabama…remember that name if you don’t know it.)

4th J.T. Woods, S, Baylor
Height: 6-2. Weight: 198 : Tall Rangey FS with the type of speed and explosiveness that is desired. We will play a base Big Nickle this year even more I feel, this pick gives us Him and LeCounte as TRUE FS’s (woods can drop in the slot like Delpit) and keep Johnson III as SS/calling the defense, Harrison backing him up and Delpit in the slot. I like our safety rotation.

6th Leo Chenal, LB, Wisc.
Height: 6-3. Weight: 250 : Old School, Throw back Middle LB, who was the leader on the Nations top defense. Has the explosive traits, that may give him some SAM/OLB flexibility. Really impressed vs Iowa, when I watched that game, he gave Linderbalm FITS all day. He can come in day one and give our defense flexible depth and a future at MLB.

7th Isiah Weston, WR, Northern Iowa.
Height: 6-4. Weight: 214. : A kid who I’ve had my eye on for the last couple of years, a small school (Kurt Warner’s alma mater) Height, Weight, Speed specimen with good hands. Will need to the learn the NFL game, but you cant teach 6-4 and explosive

7th: Adam Anderson, DPR/DE/OLB, Georgia
Height: 6-5. Weight: 230: I know folks will be controversial here and I get it, but getting a DPR who has 1rst round talent here, the research I have done, seems like something happened, but the kid is pretty clean. Now of course if something new comes out, or there is a conviction then this may change, but as of right now, we are already ripping the bandage off with getting Watson.

I have a host of UDFA I’d like to see, but yall have seen that list (the WR’s from Alabama A&M, Jerreth Sterns and the kid from Utah St, as well as Tanner Conner from Idaho St., they got NT Noah Ellis also at Idaho St., if he goes Undrafted that is.. …..the DT from Univ of Louisiana, the DE from Wester Mich, and the kickers from App St., Tusla and South Carolina)

Position Groups

QB: 1. Willis, 2. Howell, 3. Pickett, 4. Corral 5. Ridder

RB: Didn’t scout this year

Olineman: (I’m listing my top guys mixed together) 1. Evan Neal OT, 2. Ikem Ekwonu OT, 3. Linderbalm C 4. Charles Cross OT (most NFL ready pass blocking LT in the draft) 5. Kenyon Green OG Tx AM 6. Zion Johnson  OG Boston College

WR: 1. Wilson 2. Burkes, 3. London, 4. Olave, 5. Dotson, *6 Jameson Williams (ACL ??’s)

TE’s: Didn’t scout this year

DE: 1. Thibideux, 2. Hutchinson, 3. Walker, 4. Johnson, 5. Kalafitas (all these guys are top 15 picks IMO)

DT: 1. Jordan Davis UGA, 2. Travis Jones Ucon, 3. Phildarian Mathis Ala,  4. Devonte Wyatt UGA, 5. DeMarvin Leal Texas AM.

LB’s: Didn’t Scout this year

CB: Didn’t scout this year, but Sauce Gardner and Stingley Jr, are Blue Chip guys.

SA: 1. Hamiton ND, 2. Daxton Hill Mich., 3. Lewis Sine UGA. 4. JT Woods Baylor 5. Markees Bell Fla A&M  

Please share your thoughts, tear it appart or compliment it.

Also share your position rankings if you have them......Your Pain is Deep., Share it WITH ME!!!

a481349f-0393-4158-b505-b96656bf9826_tex

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yo I just started watching Sam Williams and I love the pick. We’re probably going to have to take him in the second. 12.5 sacks running a 4.46 forty at 261 I don’t think that can get to our pick in the third. 

I love Leo too. He’s gonna be a good NFL player. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 4:58 PM, brownie man said:

Yo I just started watching Sam Williams and I love the pick. We’re probably going to have to take him in the second. 12.5 sacks running a 4.46 forty at 261 I don’t think that can get to our pick in the third. 

I love Leo too. He’s gonna be a good NFL player. 

Yeah I actually had to adjust my mock a bit......Leo Chanel was going to be there in the 6th the weeks ago I posted him there...it seems like GM's are loving to come to this site and steal our ideas.....LOL

Chanel with the 4th round pick and Marqees Bell SAF Florida A&M.....swapping out Woods....

And I am not convinced that the Blessing of the Almighty will shine on us AGAIN this year......getting 1rst round talents in the last 3 drafts I can think of (Greedy, was the top Cover CB coming out that year, Delpit was the Thorpe Award Winner, and JOK was CLEARLY a top 15 talent) and it continues this year, with one of my top 2 WR's this year and that is Traylon Burks....falls to us in round 2 vs Christian Watson.

• Like 1

Burks is going to be one of the most interesting picks of the draft. He’s not DK but if he takes a DK type fall I could see us trading up for him. 

But honestly I’m on the Sam Williams train 100%. I think he’s going to be the 2nd best pure pass rusher out of this draft after Kayvon. People are so sleep on him. Or GMs just don’t want to get the word out. That dude is going to be a sack machine. 

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Burks is going to be one of the most interesting picks of the draft. He’s not DK but if he takes a DK type fall I could see us trading up for him. 

But honestly I’m on the Sam Williams train 100%. I think he’s going to be the 2nd best pure pass rusher out of this draft after Kayvon. People are so sleep on him. Or GMs just don’t want to get the word out. That dude is going to be a sack machine. 

At the risk of sounding like a hater who supports OSU--Jameson Williams scares the crap out of me as a prospect. For the past 5 years we have seen teams reach waaaay too high on WRs because of speed and trying to find the next Tyreke Hill. 

CIN drafting John Ross in the middle of the 1st when he was a 2nd round talent. PHI drafting Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson because speed. LV drafting Ruggs over Lamb because speed. KC taking Mecole Hardman over DK Metcalf. DEN taking KJ Hamler over Chase Claypool.

There is almost an example in every class recently that screams 'Do not keep making this mistake!! Quit overdrafting speed!!" If anything, teams should be chasing size and route running if the past few years have taught teams anything.

Becuase of this, combined with his incredibly small sample size of playing football, his ACL tear and his route running not being polished---I would not feel comfortable taking him if I was on the clock.

Edited by AkronsWitness

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Becuase of this, combined with his incredibly small sample size of playing football, his ACL tear and his route running not being polished---I would not feel comfortable taking him if I was on the clock.

I’d take him in the second for us for sure no doubt. But yeah you’re absolutely right on this hunt for Tyreek Hill that basically doesn’t exist. Waddle is the only legit one who can be in that conversation. 

I think Jameson could be a great number 2 and a limited number 1. I just don’t think he’ll be able to use that speed as consistently with NFL safeties playing over the top on him. I think he’ll be at his best with a team like the Chargers where Mike Williams and Keenan are going to get significant attention. 

Just now, brownie man said:

I’d take him in the second for us for sure no doubt. But yeah you’re absolutely right on this hunt for Tyreek Hill that basically doesn’t exist. Waddle is the only legit one who can be in that conversation. 

I think Jameson could be a great number 2 and a limited number 1. I just don’t think he’ll be able to use that speed as consistently with NFL safeties playing over the top on him. I think he’ll be at his best with a team like the Chargers where Mike Williams and Keenan are going to get significant attention. 

Right, which is why I for the life of me cant understand how 'anonymous GMs' can say he is the best WR in this class. Im glad to be proven wrong--I just cant for the life of me mentally get past the many examples of overvaluing speed at WR leading to draft mistakes.