The 2022 Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol come on He got hurt last year after the scrimmage with the rams before the season even started 

Yet he still put the team on his back down the stretch when Carr folded, carried us to the playoffs, and had his third straight season with 1,000+ yards from scrimmage. 

On 4/11/2022 at 10:51 PM, NYRaider said:

Gotta put the work in to be great. Awesome to see DC/Waller both show up without new deals.

Can't be overstated. 

After Mack, COVID, just missing the playoffs a few times, and the monstrosity that was 2021 for the Raiders....a high profile hold-out or public drama over a contract would be a giant albatross. 

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yet he still put the team on his back down the stretch when Carr folded, carried us to the playoffs, and had his third straight season with 1,000+ yards from scrimmage. 

I give him that. 

1k from scrimmage is not imo a stat to brag about tho 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, true2form said:

Ain't that the truth.  

We will see what he can do this year in a big prove you can produce and stay healthy season for him.  

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I give him that. 

1k from scrimmage is not imo a stat to brag about tho 

Dude has been top 10/11 in yards from scrimmage for RB every year he has been in the NFL, lol.

Jacobs and Marcus Allen are the only two RB's we've ever had with multiple 1,000+ yard seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's the same thing as Carr. He will look a lot better with blocking.

Jacobs earned my respect when I heard him say that he told the coaches at half time of the Broncos game to put it on his shoulders and he carried us to the win. Run blocking was horrific and he still managed to hit 4.0 ypc. He was excellent in the Bengals game too, probably our best player. Carr faded as the season went on while Jacobs got better. 

He wasn't much of a receiver coming into the NFL and last year he was 5th amongst RB in receptions despite missing 2 games. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Jacobs earned my respect when I heard him say that he told the coaches at half time of the Broncos game to put it on his shoulders and he carried us to the win. Run blocking was horrific and he still managed to hit 4.0 ypc. He was excellent in the Bengals game too, probably our best player. Carr faded as the season went on while Jacobs got better. 

He wasn't much of a receiver coming into the NFL and last year he was 5th amongst RB in receptions despite missing 2 games. 

He was a pretty good pass catcher in college. He upped his game when it counted last year. He's a gamer who gets way too much hate for the OL whiffing blocks and not moving anyone.

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

He was a pretty good pass catcher in college. He upped his game when it counted last year. He's a gamer who gets way too much hate for the OL whiffing blocks and not moving anyone.

We didn't really use him as a receiver early in his career. 

29 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yep I’m hoping McDaniels gets more out of him than gruden.

He was 5th in catches last year among RB but a lot of that was just check downs when pass protection broke down. I had Damien Harris in fantasy last year so I actually watched them play a lot. One thing about McDaniels is that he definitely prefers a RB that can catch out of the backfield which is why Stevenson started to play more as the year went on. Having Jacobs/Drake who are both good pass catchers should be fun.

• Like 1