The 2022 Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jacobs earned my respect when I heard him say that he told the coaches at half time of the Broncos game to put it on his shoulders and he carried us to the win. Run blocking was horrific and he still managed to hit 4.0 ypc. He was excellent in the Bengals game too, probably our best player. Carr faded as the season went on while Jacobs got better. 

He wasn't much of a receiver coming into the NFL and last year he was 5th amongst RB in receptions despite missing 2 games. 

And I'd phrase that as "Carr lost weapons as the season went on and Jacobs got healthier".

Not much changed for Jacobs through the year except for himself.  He finally showed up when we needed it. Unfortunately, I wonder why he wasn't doing it all year or the last couple years for that matter. We can blame the oline last year all we want, but he clearly was better at the end of the season with the same oline.

Drake and even Barber seemed way more explosive with the same oline throughout the season.  He has to put it all together this year or he's gone.  He might be gone regardless.  The Patriot way is to not pay running backs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, true2form said:

And I'd phrase that as "Carr lost weapons as the season went on and Jacobs got healthier".

Not much changed for Jacobs through the year except for himself.  He finally showed up when we needed it. Unfortunately, I wonder why he wasn't doing it all year or the last couple years for that matter. We can blame the oline last year all we want, but he clearly was better at the end of the season with the same oline.

Drake and even Barber seemed way more explosive with the same oline throughout the season.  He has to put it all together this year or he's gone.  He might be gone regardless.  The Patriot way is to not pay running backs. 

Over the first 7 weeks Carr had 5 games with 300+ passing yards and 6 games with 2+ passing TD. Over the last 10 he had 1 game with 300+ passing yards and 2 games with 2+ passing Td.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

No clue who that is tbh. But the Jacobs hate/slander on here is sad, y'all forgot about the days of Doug Martin, lol.

Doug Martin in 9 games was arguably more effective than Jacobs has ever been, while being used significantly less. 

Anyways, van Eeghen is the other guy who topped 1k rushing yards for the Raiders 3 times (Allen being the other)

Edited by ronjon1990

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Doug Martin in 9 games was arguably more effective than Jacobs has ever been, while being used significantly less. 

Anyways, van Eeghan is the other guy who topped 1k rushing yards for the Raiders 3 times (Allen being the other)

Doug Martin slow, old arse did nothing on a 4 win team. Josh Jacobs told Rich put the team on my back and carried us to the playoffs, lol.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Doug Martin slow, old arse did nothing on a 4 win team. Josh Jacobs told Rich put the team on my back and carried us to the playoffs, lol.

Uhmm....

9 starts, 172 rushes for 723 yards and 4 TDs with a 4.2 ypc is "nothing"? 

Weird flex to pin 2018 on....Doug Martin replacing an injured Lynch well into the dud season that it was, but ok. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Uhmm....

9 starts, 172 rushes for 723 yards and 4 TDs with a 4.2 ypc is "nothing"? 

Weird flex to pin 2018 on....Doug Martin replacing an injured Lynch well into the dud season that it was, but ok. 

Dude did nothing until the last couple of weeks when our season was over, lol. Whatever Jacobs did too you, let it go bro.

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Dude did nothing until the last couple of weeks when our season was over, lol. Whatever Jacobs did too you, let it go bro.

1. Notice, I never brought up Jacobs. 

2. Oh, you mean doing nothing until the last couple of weeks...like Jacobs? 

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Over the first 7 weeks Carr had 5 games with 300+ passing yards and 6 games with 2+ passing TD. Over the last 10 he had 1 game with 300+ passing yards and 2 games with 2+ passing Td.

My point exactly.

Who did he have the first 7 and not the last 10.  Carr didn't fade, his weapons disappeared. 

Skulls are super thick around here, might as well debate with the wall.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, true2form said:

My point exactly.

Who did he have the first 7 and not the last 10.  Carr didn't fade, his weapons disappeared. 

Skulls are super thick around here, might as well debate with the wall.

How do people really fault a guy who's best outside WR was Zay Jones? Waller was hurt most of the time and you can't throw to Renfrow every damn play lol. Factor in that w/ a average, at best, OL and why would anyone think he'd succeed?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

How do people really fault a guy who's best outside WR was Zay Jones? Waller was hurt most of the time and you can't throw to Renfrow every damn play lol. Factor in that w/ a average, at best, OL and why would anyone think he'd succeed?

They'll just say that Carr needs to elevate them like the "elite" guys do.  What they don't seem to follow through with is the fact that he already does elevate them.  Coop was the only receiving threat who left and they could hang their hat on. That will become less of something to point to starting this season.  Every other guy that has left hasn't been able to match what they did with Carr no matter where they went.  I like Zay, but he will be wasted money for the Jags just like Nelly was for the Pats last year. 

It's easy to look at the point in time where we are and say Carr is lucky to have Renfro and Waller because they're so good.  I would argue that both of them should be thankful to Carr for the rest of their days because they might not even be in the league if it wasn't for him.  Not because they weren't talented enough, but because they may not have gotten a chance to develop and showcase what they could do with a different team or worse QB.  It's easy to look at them as Pro Bowlers now, but they were low ranked scrubs, lucky to be on a roster when we got them. Definition of elevating.

• Like 3