The 2022 Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Him not scoring early in the Bengals game screwed us. Honestly if Leavitt or Teamer are playing significant snaps at safety for us this season then that means ish hit the fan with our other guys. Both are good special teams players though. 

One of my hot takes: Harmon beats out Abram for the other starting safety job and we use Abram in a hybrid role as a third safety.

That’s a given. My hot take: if Palo-mao makes the team, he’ll start somehow lol

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think it's a given but it's likely. 

A super hot take: that Utah UDFA starts and plays well at RT.

duron Harmon is the floor. 

I can actually see that happening(The Utah RT) but it won’t be unless someone goes down. He won’t win the job outright

Edited by Jeremy408

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

duron Harmon is the floor. 

I can actually see that happening(The Utah RT) but it won’t be unless someone goes down. He won’t win the job outright

I think Abram will get the first crack because he shares similarities to Peppers. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Abram will get the first crack because he shares similarities to Peppers. 

Peppers played a specialized position but he was more of the 3rd safety that only plays like 5 percent of the snaps. And peppers is better in coverage 

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Peppers played a specialized position but he was more of the 3rd safety that only plays like 5 percent of the snaps. And peppers is better in coverage 

Peppers was hurt last season but in the games he played 88% of their snaps the year before when they had a top 10 defense.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens

From a coverage standpoint I don’t see how he didn’t get drafted. As a USC fan I thought he would get drafted in like the 3rd/4th round by somebody. The guy can cover

Edited by Jeremy408

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He had a 57.2 coverage grade (via PFF) and allowed 45 receptions, 492 yards in 2020

Abram had a 54.2 coverage grade and allowed 57 receptions, 483 yards last season

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/.amp/big-blue-plus/safety-jabrill-peppers-the-good-the-great-and-the-ugly

not a PFF guy but here are some examples of him in coverage. It appears that the Giants folks thought he could cover

On 5/27/2022 at 10:03 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

but we’ll see what Graham does.

Graham is the most exciting thing about our defense. A 'hot' coach that might only be here 1 season if he does work some magic. Hopefully he's as good as expected but gets passed over for HC jobs as teams prefer Offensive HC's and forget Defenses win championships.