The 2022 Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

16 hours ago, G said:

Graham is the most exciting thing about our defense. A 'hot' coach that might only be here 1 season if he does work some magic. Hopefully he's as good as expected but gets passed over for HC jobs as teams prefer Offensive HC's and forget Defenses win championships.

I doubt he'll be a head coach next year. We most likely wont' be a top 10 defense. I feel like you need a top 5-10 defense on your resume to get a HC job as a defensive guy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I doubt he'll be a head coach next year. We most likely wont' be a top 10 defense. I feel like you need a top 5-10 defense on your resume to get a HC job as a defensive guy.

Vrabel got a head coaching job after one year as a defensive coordinator where his unit was 32nd in points allowed. 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 7:49 PM, Jeremy408 said:

They had him in the 4.4s and as low as 4.39 at his pro day

I think USC being a relative disappointment under Helton really hurt the perception of some of their players over the last couple of years. 

Hufanga, Tuipolotu, Tufele,  I thought all 3 of them were under-drafted. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think USC being a relative disappointment under Helton really hurt the perception of some of their players over the last couple of years. 

Hufanga, Tuipolotu, Tufele,  I thought all 3 of them were under-drafted. 

Hufanga ran really slow for a safety and tufele opted out. I see what you mean about tuipolotu though. I wanted him

Some notes that I've heard:

• Josh McDaniels organization, leadership style, and the way he runs practice are night and day in comparison to what we've had recently.

• The staff plans to move Nate Hobbs around at outside CB, slot CB, and safety. 

• Dylan Parham has gotten looks at OC and the offensive line coach likes him there.

• Duron Harmon has emerged as an early leader that understands what Graham wants to do. 

• Leatherwood has worked almost exclusively at RT. 

• Josh Jacobs is there but not practicing. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

• Josh McDaniels organization, leadership style, and the way he runs practice are night and day in comparison to what we've had recently.

• Dylan Parham has gotten looks at OC and the offensive line coach likes him there.

• Duron Harmon has emerged as an early leader that understands what Graham wants to do. 

• Josh Jacobs is there but not practicing. 

I heard the two safest spots on the OL is Miller and James

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Josh Jacobs is there but not practicing. 

Consider me wholly unsurprised

28 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I heard the two safest spots on the OL is Miller and James

It also looks like Parham may have a chance to unseat Andre James at center.

"Parham is listed as a guard on the roster, but he's still been cross-training at center. It's too early to make sweeping evaluations, but he's impressed the Raiders' best offensive lineman," The Athletic's Tashan Reed wrote.

"He's doing a great job as a rookie, for sure," left tackle Kolton Miller said of Parham, per Reed.