OTA/Training Camp Talk

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Is this OTA? I think that comes after the draft. I think this is whatever that voluntary strength and conditioning thing is that a bunch of players have clauses for?

I might be completely wrong. I used to know these things. 

You may be completely right. Not totally sure what this hole in the schedule is called haha.

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Is this OTA? I think that comes after the draft. I think this is whatever that voluntary strength and conditioning thing is that a bunch of players have clauses for?

I might be completely wrong. I used to know these things. 

Teams with new coaching staffs get to start OTAs earlier than everyone else.

• 1 month later...

Zach Wilson put on some muscle, he said he was at 208 last season. He is up to 221 now, plans to play at around 218.  Saleh has been doing OTAs a bit different, trying to go lighter to avoid injuries that plagued this team. We'll see if they can correct that problem. 

Sauce Gardner and Garrett Wilson look the part, but OTAs are just practice. I don't put much stock into what is going on, just hope for no drama, guys in there working and trying to get better and no injuries.

FTx-AdKX0AAKkZL?format=jpg&name=large

FTj8UANWAAAKcML?format=jpg&name=large

This is what an all around sloppy receiver looks like.

Poor cut. Trips over his own feet and almost falls down. Holds the ball with hand and then fumbles it when bringing it into his body.

And for the record, I like Wilson, but this looks awful.

• Like 2

Apparently, George Pickens is looking like a star in Steelers OTAs, and I gotta say....that really REALLY scares me....because rookie WRs who get heralded at Steelers OTAs tend to fall flat in the long run.   Doesnt help he is wearing Limas Sweed's old number...  😱