Stranger Thing Season 4

The Gnat

1 hour ago, D82 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well...I did not see One being the villain, though I kinda had a sense he was bad in some way, I figured he pushed Eleven into killing the rest of the children. 

There were some moments where this season seemed to lag...but all in all I enjoyed it. Can't wait to see how they wrap this up.

Spoiler

I had him as the Venca pretty early. But that is likely more just because that is how shows go. There is only so much reinventing the wheel that can be done especially in a series that dedicated to paying homage to movies of the past. I didn't see him being Creel's son coming. That was surprising.

27 minutes ago, mse326 said:
  Hide contents

I had him as the Venca pretty early. But that is likely more just because that is how shows go. There is only so much reinventing the wheel that can be done especially in a series that dedicated to paying homage to movies of the past. I didn't see him being Creel's son coming. That was surprising.

Spoiler

Yeah, that was surprising. Also...am I the only one sensing they're strongly pushing/hinting at Will being gay? 

I love Stranger Things, but this season (4) has felt more like an homage than anything original.

I’ve lost count of how many times what they’ve done has been closer to theft than homage.

Like… I get it, the season was inspired by Nightmare on Elm Street, but throw some originality in the direction at least with the stuff that doesn’t involve Vecna Krueger.

Edit: I’m alright. I’m just sick of seeing that same exact Silence of the Lambs walk through the prison reference. It’s been referenced so many times that the reference is like… Shut up already.

I also made that rant literally 30 seconds before the Robert Englund reveal.

Edited by Outpost31

On 5/29/2022 at 12:46 PM, D82 said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, that was surprising. Also...am I the only one sensing they're strongly pushing/hinting at Will being gay? 

Spoiler

They have almost since the beginning, I feel like they are unfortunately building up to him telling Mike he has feelings for him…which I’m not sure goes well.

On 5/29/2022 at 12:18 PM, mse326 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I am in the same boat. Had that piece early because they made him so humanoid I immediately starting looking for the new character they introduced that it would be. When he showed up in that first Nina sequence I was like 70% sure it was him. Then he started talking about 1 and how he used his powers and I immediately locked in on it. However, like you said, Creel's son was the surprise for me. However, it makes me hard question the whole music piece. 1 literally said he planned on his dad taking the fall so if that is the case then why did his music tip work for Max?

On 5/29/2022 at 12:18 PM, mse326 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Yeah it being all connected was a bit surprising, when they dropped the One question it kinda confirmed the thought that Vechna was from our reality. But the fact that he was Creel’s son and the friendly orderly (who at some points I wasn’t sure if he was real or some sort of manifestation) got me. Really just cause each was done well  on their own.

Well done by them

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:
  Hide contents

I am in the same boat. Had that piece early because they made him so humanoid I immediately starting looking for the new character they introduced that it would be. When he showed up in that first Nina sequence I was like 70% sure it was him. Then he started talking about 1 and how he used his powers and I immediately locked in on it. However, like you said, Creel's son was the surprise for me. However, it makes me hard question the whole music piece. 1 literally said he planned on his dad taking the fall so if that is the case then why did his music tip work for Max?

Spoiler

I think any level of fighting back helps stave off the kill, and exhaust his hold on a person.

but the flashback of the 1 vs 11 fight showed us that positive memories and love are a stronger foundation that can drop Vechna/One’s hate based powers. So I think it’s it’s just a way to focus even untrained minds maybe?

I just… Like, say what you will about Stranger Things and it might be right, but what everybody has to give them credit for is giving so many characters such distinct character.

Every year they’re able to add two or three characters that you just come to love (or hate), and none of them are really copies of the last.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just… Like, say what you will about Stranger Things and it might be right, but what everybody has to give them credit for is giving so many characters such distinct character.

Every year they’re able to add two or three characters that you just come to love (or hate), and none of them are really copies of the last.

Agreed but I think they added to many characters 

9 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Agreed but I think they added to many characters 

Well… I haven’t finished yet, but I feel like if they had balls, they’d kill off a bunch of the ones they have in the final season. Like… Kill Eleven in the first episode of the final season. Kill Dustin. Kill Will. If they want it to hit and be an iconic, lasting, timeless series, they’re gonna have to kill some off.

The more characters they have, the more this series will endure if they do it right.

Also, I couldn’t take it anymore. I Googled Eddie Munson Robert Downey Jr.

I had to know I wasn’t the only one who knew whoever played Eddie would be the perfect choice to play RDJ if there was ever a movie about RDJ.

Every frickin season a new character to love. Eddie was a great addition.

I love this series and I will love it forever.

• Like 2