Stranger Thing Season 4

The Gnat

I don’t know if I agree that they added too many characters because I like the additions but it definitely came at the expense of others. Mike, Will, and Jonathon played virtually no role at all this season. 

Edited by skywindO2

Spoiler

So why would "Papa" keep 001 alive assuming that he knew he was evil? I'm guessing that "tracking device" that El ripped out of him is what was causing his powers to be nullified. I missed the answer to my initial question but I'm sure it was addressed in the show.

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:
  Hide contents

So why would "Papa" keep 001 alive assuming that he knew he was evil? I'm guessing that "tracking device" that El ripped out of him is what was causing his powers to be nullified. I missed the answer to my initial question but I'm sure it was addressed in the show.

Spoiler

They didn't answer it. One fan theory I've seen that is intriguing but dark even for this show is that Brenner used Henry/Peter/001 as a sperm donor, not wilingly, to impregnate women giving birth to all these other children as a means to make sure they have the telekinetic abilities. So basically he can't create the powers, but can train someone with them to use them so he did that instead of searching for more. Given that 002 looks early to mid teens in the flash back and El was 8 and she was born in 1971 he was born around 1965. Henry was born in 1947 so he would be more than old enough, and it would make sense if Brenner started doing it after not being able to control Henry has he grew up. It also can fit with how Terry, El's mom, was in one of his experiments while "unkowingly" pregnant. It may not have been her boyfriend's child but implanted during her testing which was on mind altering drugs. And we know Brenner lied about her miscarrying, so it all makes a lot of sense.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mse326 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They didn't answer it. One fan theory I've seen that is intriguing but dark even for this show is that Brenner used Henry/Peter/001 as a sperm donor, not wilingly, to impregnate women giving birth to all these other children as a means to make sure they have the telekinetic abilities. So basically he can't create the powers, but can train someone with them to use them so he did that instead of searching for more. Given that 002 looks early to mid teens in the flash back and El was 8 and she was born in 1971 he was born around 1965. Henry was born in 1947 so he would be more than old enough, and it would make sense if Brenner started doing it after not being able to control Henry has he grew up. It also can fit with how Terry, El's mom, was in one of his experiments while "unkowingly" pregnant. It may not have been her boyfriend's child but implanted during her testing which was on mind altering drugs. And we know Brenner lied about her miscarrying, so it all makes a lot of sense.

It could be this graphic, or it could be as simple as he needed to continue to study him to recreate it in other subject with a certain predilection or marker. Let's not forget El was at least old enough to have a fleeting memory of her mom, she wasn't a newborn. 

12 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I don’t know if I agree that they added too many characters because I like the additions but it definitely came at the expense of others. Mike, Will, and Jonathon played virtually no role at all this season. 

Arguably the three worst characters.

What an incredible season (so far). Just finished last night. What else did I miss in here?

17 hours ago, mse326 said:
  Hide contents

Glad I didn't miss the explanation then lol. I miss some details when we binge watch shows but my wife still insists on it. This is one hell of a theory though!

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

This thread isn't as popular as i was expecting lol.

I haven't started yet. It's been a long time since Season 3. Is it recommended to go back and watch previous seasons again first, or no?

I wanted to but don't have time.  They gave a nice recap beforehand.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

This thread isn't as popular as i was expecting lol.

I haven't started yet. It's been a long time since Season 3. Is it recommended to go back and watch previous seasons again first, or no?

You’ll be ok jumping in. Maybe season 1 but you could just find a recap of everything too.

I rewatched the whole thing leading up, was happy I did to remember season 1 better, I totally forgot Max came in season 2. She gets more to do this time so that was nice to refresh.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 10:21 PM, swoosh said:

Arguably the three worst characters.

What an incredible season (so far). Just finished last night. What else did I miss in here?

Agreed. Out of all the story lines I always find myself waiting to get “done” with Mike/Will’s to get to one of the more interesting ones 

Something about Mike just really irks me lol idk if it’s the character or actor or what

Season is great though, love the Russian guard played by Jaqen Hagar

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

I avoided the thread for a while just because it took a bit to get through. Generally I really enjoyed it thus far. And I think there are a few of the stories that are more interesting, the kids in Hawkins and El. But even the Hopper/Joyce stuff is fun, but less interesting. And same with the Jonathan, Will, etc story. But I'm pretty confident they'll bring it all together nicely coming up here.

• Like 1