Dan Snyder Drama thread

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

This is pretty much most of the fans I know exact thoughts. Sell the team, you have failed long enough. There are no redeeming qualities of them being the owners. 

Also, I just saw that Dan Snyder hired another investigative team to look into the allegations made against them. If the Beth Wilkinson investigation was "thorough and complete" what is the need for another investigation, just release the findings from the first investigation. 

I think him hiring another firm to investigate is an admission that either the first report was not complete or they are so deathly afraid to release the original report that this is their only option.

I thought the letter as you say was spot on!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya this "investigation" by Snyder on himself is a joke. 

It probably doesn't mean much, but this tidbit can't hurt I guess.

Update:

https://richmond.com/sports/professional/update-nfl-says-it-will-not-allow-dan-snyder-to-conduct-his-own-investigation-into/article_be6f362b-9cc8-57a3-81fd-bb45a6507c0b.html 

The NFL released a statement Wednesday afternoon suggesting that the league, not the team, will conduct the investigation into allegations against Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder.

"The League, not the team, will conduct an independent investigation and will be retaining an investigator to determine the facts shortly," said league spokesman Brian McCarthy.

Commissioner Roger Goodell will conduct his annual press conference with reporters at 3 p.m. This story will be updated after his comments on the matter.

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Goodell and the NFL have protected Snyder the entire time. This isnt surprising. Release the report. Let the facts speak for themselves.  

An investigation after an investigation is making a mockery of this very serious situation. 

The NFL has to figure out that they are making things worse for themselves by doubling down on their Snyder support. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The NFL has to figure out that they are making things worse for themselves by doubling down on their Snyder support. 

Well, I guess my point is that I can't guarantee they're doubling down... yet. The fact that they just told Snyder "no" and are going to do it from their end gives me a sliver of more hope than I had this morning. And there's no way they can also double-down on "orally" reporting again either. 

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Well, I guess my point is that I can't guarantee they're doubling down... yet. The fact that they just told Snyder "no" and are going to do it from their end gives me a sliver of more hope than I had this morning. And there's no way they can also double-down on "orally" reporting again either. 

It's pretty clear from the Wilkinson report that there was collusion to keep information under wraps in my opinion. Goodell was the one that wanted an oral report when the firm was hired to give a written one. Any investigation at this point after one had already been done, regardless of who initiated it, is bogus. ALL the facts should be in the Wilkinson report. If they aren't, they are openly admitting that the investigation wasn't intended to be as thorough as they claimed. 

If Paul Tagliabue was still the Commissioner, I think Snyder would have been forced to sell already. Goodell is as dirty as Snyder and they both are letting their slimy side show from this situation. 

The fact that players can stand up for social justice issues but havent spoken out about this is kinda crazy. Panthers players and other NFL players took exception to Jerry Richardson's inexcusable behavior and Snyder is getting a pass. Its terrible. 

• Like 1