Dan Snyder Drama thread

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-owners-sense-that-time-has-come-for-daniel-snyder-to-move-on-as-washington-owner-per-report/

NFL owners may have finally had enough with Daniel Snyder. Less than a week after more allegations were made against him, other NFL owners sense that the time has come for Snyder to be removed as Washington's owner, according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk

the-office-its-happening-gif-5.gif

• Like 3

In what could be construed as yet another sign that the league is ready to let Snyder hang, it seems they’ve hired Mary Jo White to conduct the inquiry into all the various and sundry allegations and accusations. 

Some might be familiar with her as the former chair of the SEC, and she was previously the first female US Attorney for the Southern District of New York.

I personally was only familiar with her as the individual who conducted the similar inquiry into former Panthers owner Jerry Richardson. An investigation during which he suddenly decided it was time to try something else with all his spare time and money.

In short, to borrow a phrase from Wu Tang Clan, Mary Jo White ain’t nuthin to f@$% wit.

• Like 3

On 2/18/2022 at 8:29 PM, e16bball said:

In what could be construed as yet another sign that the league is ready to let Snyder hang, it seems they’ve hired Mary Jo White to conduct the inquiry into all the various and sundry allegations and accusations. 

Some might be familiar with her as the former chair of the SEC, and she was previously the first female US Attorney for the Southern District of New York.

I personally was only familiar with her as the individual who conducted the similar inquiry into former Panthers owner Jerry Richardson. An investigation during which he suddenly decided it was time to try something else with all his spare time and money.

In short, to borrow a phrase from Wu Tang Clan, Mary Jo White ain’t nuthin to f@$% wit.

One thing I read which I thought was interesting was that apparently Wilkinson would've recommended the NFL force Snyder to sell the team if the report were to be made public. 

• Like 1

Polk Salad Annie, Mary Jo White--oops that was Tony Joe White . Sorry, anyway she gives us a glimmer of hope for the first time . I hope she guts the S O B . ( and I used to be a defender that he loved the team and his heart was in the right place . ) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2022 at 5:28 PM, lavar703 said:

Only a matter of time now. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/03/31/washington-football-house-oversight-investigation/ 

The congressional committee that has been investigating the NFL’s handling of widespread sexual harassment in the Washington Commanders’ workplace is now also looking into allegations of financial improprieties under Daniel Snyder’s ownership, multiple people familiar with the proceedings said.

The allegations came to light in recent weeks as the House Committee on Oversight and Reform reviewed more than 80,000 pages of documents and interviewed witnesses in its inquiry into the team’s workplace and the NFL’s handling of the matter, those people with knowledge of the matter said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because the proceedings are at a sensitive stage.

When asked whether the panel is looking into allegations of financial impropriety, a spokesperson for the committee said, “The Committee continues to investigate the hostile workplace and culture of impunity at the Washington Commanders as well as the National Football League’s inadequate response and lack of transparency. The Committee will follow the facts wherever they may lead.”

jack-nicholson-jack.gif 

• Like 6