Dan Snyder Drama thread

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We got a long way to go but the NFL can’t keep taking these Ls from Snyder

It might be a bit but these stories are just clearly aimed with a purpose. From Alex saying this organization is a joke all while never downing us when Snyder was allowing him to use his jet to go from VA to Texas for his rehab and rehab war group meetings. Like all I know is we can say the NFL is supporting him but these people outing the culture this whole financial thing trust me he’s getting outdated through media which is how these money/ corporations oust everyone.

Of course Roger is up there politicking Snyder. He is working to get out enough dirty to give enough teeth and all the while working the media to save face to the other owners. It’s a snake eat snake world in the world of billionaires. So while we wait for what we as fans think we want ultimately they are just doing what they can to find the most not completely rechid way to get what they need to get him out all while protecting their shield.

• Like 2

What you’re seeing now is the league systematically forcing the Snyder’s out. Story after story. People can believe this is congress but somebody is feeding them this stuff. The league wants him gone but they’re doing it without themselves looking like the ones who did it. This team might even be up for sale before the start of the season. He’s a goner. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What you’re seeing now is the league systematically forcing the Snyder’s out. Story after story. People can believe this is congress but somebody is feeding them this stuff. The league wants him gone but they’re doing it without themselves looking like the ones who did it. This team might even be up for sale before the start of the season. He’s a goner. 

Happy Dance GIF by U.S. Soccer Federation

dance party GIF

Dancing Happy Dance GIF

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Someone had an idea on Twitter responding to Al Galdi’s post that it was Bruce Allen. If it is Bruce Allen who is leaking this information to Congress, WaPo or whoever I’ll switch my stance on Bruce! 😂 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Someone had an idea on Twitter responding to Al Galdi’s post that it was Bruce Allen. If it is Bruce Allen who is leaking this information to Congress, WaPo or whoever I’ll switch my stance on Bruce! 😂 

This is what happens when you play lay with snakes too long. Eventually they bite your *** or choke you while you sleep on them. Honestly it makes perfect sense because after all the reports nobody has anything to say about Bruce. To say the least he still has been one of the worse things to ever happen to this team but if he’s the anchor that brought Snyder down then I hope they share their place on their evil thrones together. They are seriously horrible for what they’ve done to this franchise!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He’s alienated a lot of people with knowledge of the bodies and where they’re buried. Surely the minority owners, Fred Smith in particular, have some ability (and desire) to leak this kind of information as well. Then you’ve got McCloughan and the Brian Lafemina group of folks who actually got sent in by the NFL basically. 

Wherever all this information originally came from, it seems relatively clear that the NFL is no longer investing in protecting Snyder by keeping it from coming out. As @lavar703 has been saying, this all seems headed in one direction at this point, and the only big question remaining is how stubborn (and self-destructive) Snyder intends to be. 

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

He’s alienated a lot of people with knowledge of the bodies and where they’re buried. Surely the minority owners, Fred Smith in particular, have some ability (and desire) to leak this kind of information as well. Then you’ve got McCloughan and the Brian Lafemina group of folks who actually got sent in by the NFL basically. 

Wherever all this information originally came from, it seems relatively clear that the NFL is no longer investing in protecting Snyder by keeping it from coming out. As @lavar703 has been saying, this all seems headed in one direction at this point, and the only big question remaining is how stubborn (and self-destructive) Snyder intends to be. 

So my guess is the NFL probably approached Snyder about selling the team when the sexual harassment complaints came out and I do believe the Beth Wilkinson report recommended selling like the Junkies reported. What I believe is the league compromised with Snyder instead of kicking him out by having Tanya take over. Snyder, who simply can’t help himself never left the day to day operation like he was supposed too and in turn pissed the rest of the league off and this is why these leaks are coming out.

He had his chance to save his franchise but he was told to be an owner from afar. Let his wife run things and just collect a paycheck but he couldn’t do it. This has always been a toy for him. I also found it funny it’s been reported he was heavily involved in the Wentz trade because that is a Snyder-move all the way. So basically, the NFL cut him some slack and he spit in their faces. Like they always say, you give someone enough rope and they’ll hang themselves.

I’m of the opinion this thing is done. Snyder is certainly finished as owner and these things are coming out so he can’t fight it. The NFL is making it a clear-cut case so they don’t have to fight him over it and he doesn’t have a leg to stand on in court. Nevertheless, Snyder will walk away from this selling a sports franchise for record money and he’ll never work another day in his life but his time owning an NFL team is certainly over. 

• Like 2

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/04/12/washington-commanders-dan-snyder-house-oversight-ftc/?utm_source=reddit.com

The 20-page letter, a copy of which was obtained by The Washington Post, freshly details allegations made by Jason Friedman, a former vice president of sales and customer service who worked for the franchise for 24 years. The letter says Friedman told committee members the team maintained “two sets of books,” including one set of financial records used to underreport certain ticket revenue to the NFL. The letter cites documentation that the team’s financial improprieties may have extended to tickets registered in Commissioner Roger Goodell’s name. It references evidence that it says indicates the revenue gained by the team through these practices was known internally as “juice,” and it details allegations that the Commanders improperly attributed such revenue to being derived through a Navy-Notre Dame college football game at FedEx Field or a Kenny Chesney concert, so that it wouldn’t be part of the NFL’s revenue-sharing pool.