Dan Snyder Drama thread

On 5/23/2022 at 4:27 PM, MikeT14 said:

Don’t the Giants play their home games in New Jersey? How is being 25 minutes from DC, in an area commonly referred to as a suburb of DC, hating your fans? There is Redskins/Commanders stuff everywhere in that area. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Don’t the Giants play their home games in New Jersey? How is being 25 minutes from DC, in an area commonly referred to as a suburb of DC, hating your fans? There is Redskins/Commanders stuff everywhere in that area. 

He clearly doesn’t understand that most of the fanbase is in Virginia & it’s been trending that way since the mid 90s when the Ravens/old Browns came to Baltimore & won w/in a few years built around arguably the greatest MLB to ever play the game & the fierce defense he led to two Super Bowls & countless playoff victories from 1996-2012.

As I told Kevin - whoever that is - the Redskins started to lose fans to the Ravens years even before Snyder bought the team.

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Lol. With no traffic, so 2:30 am, you’re at 35 minutes. They’re going to 100% have to figure that out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Lol. With no traffic, so 2:30 am, you’re at 35 minutes. They’re going to 100% have to figure that out. 

I’m not referring to traffic. I’m simply stating how far away Woodbridge is from DC. 25-30 minutes. It’s not like it’s Richmond or something crazy. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m not referring to traffic. I’m simply stating how far away Woodbridge is from DC. 25-30 minutes. It’s not like it’s Richmond or something crazy. 

But don't you have to? Like it's going to be a factor always until they make changes to that area to help. It's still about as far from Ashburn to Woodbridge as it is Landover, which is weird to think about.

I say this ironically as someone who lives in Richmond now and would make my life WAY easier for me to get to the game. But, on the whole, I'm not buying this is better yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Everyone knows in the DC area that you don’t get anywhere in 25-30 minutes unless it’s 5-10 miles away.

Again, my job is in Triangle, VA. I live in Maryland and I’m in DC a lot for my job. It’s 30 miles from DC to Hoodbridge. Anytime after lunch on a week day it’s a parking lot on 95 south. So much so that my boss allows me to just go home if I have an afternoon meeting in DC bc the time I’d get to the office in Triangle from DC it’d almost be 3 or 4 pm & I’d be ready to turn around and go home. 

It’d take you 1 to 2 hours to go from DC to Woodbridge on any afternoon during the week depending on traffic and if there’s accidents. Obviously with the stadium going up, construction & new housing it will just add to that.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Everyone knows in the DC area that you don’t get anywhere in 25-30 minutes unless it’s 5-10 miles away.

Again, my job is in Triangle, VA. I live in Maryland and I’m in DC a lot for my job. It’s 30 miles from DC to Hoodbridge. Anytime after lunch on a week day it’s a parking lot on 95 south. So much so that my boss allows me to just go home if I have an afternoon meeting in DC bc the time I’d get to the office in Triangle from DC it’d almost be 3 or 4 pm & I’d be ready to turn around and go home. 

It’d take you 1 to 2 hours to go from DC to Woodbridge on any afternoon during the week depending on traffic and if there’s accidents. Obviously with the stadium going up, construction & new housing it will just add to that.

Hoodbridge lmao. Takes me back to my high school days. 

The reality is it takes forever to go anywhere in the DMV. Acting like Woodbridge is somehow worse than VA folks having to cross the bridge to get FedEx is just silly and we’ve been doing it for 20+ years with a larger segment of the fanbase being in our state. If MD fans can’t adapt the same way VA fans have had to do so for two decades then they weren’t really fans to begin with.